Herald write up on Valentine

Well I'll get attached. I'm attached heart and soul all in to this difference maker. Because this kid is a DIFFERENCE MAKER! I'm ecstatic to have him. He's gonna qualify and he's gonna be a ******* player and then some for us!

This kid is the type of beast that if he keeps putting the work in, can compete for an Outland Trophy. I rarely get completely pumped for a recruit but this kid does it. He's gonna be the real deal. I think he's committed to getting it done in the classroom and I feel like he's got a motor that just won't stop on the field and in the weight room. Difference maker

Advertisement
Good to see his mom is pushing him in the right direction & looking out for his best interests

how solid is he? he's been committed to louisville and florida too. decommit twice and it's hard to believe the third!!!!!

His coach was adamant with me that he is done with recruiting.

With his head coach being his uncle's brother...or something of that nature...and the reason his mother sent him to school there and live with them shows me they have a vested interest in Miami. If the head coach (and Pete) say he is done with recruiting, I believe them. His whole family is trying to get him squared away to attend the U. No doubts here. Can't wait for him to suit up!

cheering for this kid, will make for a great success story if he can stay on track for the next year

Advertisement
Valentine still has a long way to go before he gets to Coral Gables — and most of it involves the classroom. Valentine said he needs to take five core courses (American Government, Math, English, Science and Reading) during the summer at Champagnat and online to make up for the courses he either didn’t take or struggled in before. Assuming he stays focused, his mother said, he will graduate a year from now and begin classes at UM soon after.

This is rough right here. Core classes in what I'm assuming is a condensed time frame has to be a tough task. He's definitely putting in the effort to get right and I commend him for that. Definitely rooting for him, and not only because he's a Cane commit either.

Love this kid. That daily work on speaks mountains. I already can't rmemeber the names of the second rate dts we missed the last couple of years. 300 plus and can get above the rim at only 6'3" -- wow. Sounds a little like Warren Sapp, but starting out with a Jerome Brown(may he rest in peace) body as a high school kid. This is the type of DT that makes everyone else on the D look like a 1st round draft pick. With him, our lbs will have 100plus taclkes again and dbs will find many balls floating in the air on beds of roses above screams of "look out!!!!!!" and "holy shi......!!!!!!!!!!". Many a St. Valentine's Day Massacre are coming into view. Hit the books young man, we await your arrival. Upon the rock Al we build his D.

Agree with GatorHater. Did not know this kid was that big. ****. 6'3 330???? You can bet he will not redshirt unless Stuckey is the real deal or Moore/King steps up big time. If we can just somehow drag Cory Johnson or Julio Derosier on board I will be satisfied with the Dline class. Moten can go f himself.

Great to hear that Valentine has realized that his education is important. I will be pulling for this kid & all of the kids to make it into the :neonu:

Advertisement
Valentine would be Bytch Davis's wet dream. A gigantic DT who excels on the hardwood. He always looked for big men who played basketball in HS. I had no idea TV was so proficient on the court.

I really like this kid, looks like he's got his head on straight now and a family that wants to see him achieve his goals and head to UM. I'm excited for him.

Even in a class littered with elite talent, this dude stands out. It sounds like his work ethic is outstanding, so I don't see why the kid would have trouble in the classroom.

He's definitely one of those rare breeds that could be an impact freshman at DT.

I bet this thread gets no where near the outrageous amount that Treon Harris received, SMH! Support the []_[]!

I agree. pathetic how our fanbase gets so insecure with FSU... we use to own them a decade ago, we'll be back to owning them in due time!! we got their best coach in coley!!

We have the worst fanbase in the country, bar none. Entitlement babies with big mouths in cyberspace while the stadium is empty on gameday.

Advertisement
Agree with GatorHater. Did not know this kid was that big. ****. 6'3 330???? You can bet he will not redshirt unless Stuckey is the real deal or Moore/King steps up big time. If we can just somehow drag Cory Johnson or Julio Derosier on board I will be satisfied with the Dline class. Moten can go f himself.

I think Cory Johnson commits here before the season, and Moten flips during the season the gators don't really want him..

I bet this thread gets no where near the outrageous amount that Treon Harris received, SMH! Support the []_[]!

I agree. pathetic how our fanbase gets so insecure with FSU... we use to own them a decade ago, we'll be back to owning them in due time!! we got their best coach in coley!!

We have the worst fanbase in the country, bar none. Entitlement babies with big mouths in cyberspace while the stadium is empty on gameday.

Thats what 5 chips in 2 decades and countless 1st round picks will do to a fanbase. Those bandwagon fans get restless fast lol...

Advertisement
Valentine would be Bytch Davis's wet dream. A gigantic DT who excels on the hardwood. He always looked for big men who played basketball in HS. I had no idea TV was so proficient on the court.

Exactly but are fans care more about Treon Harris who the staff barely recruited and knew he wasn't coming here. Not the fact that Golden locked up a beast DT who is a top 150 player in the nation and at are biggest need...

Very smart mother IMO. Why would anyone choose a low quality school with huge classes over a very good school with very small classes? Only a few of these kids make it to the NFL, that piece of paper from a better school matters if they don't make it. I'm not real big on college anymore unless you are going for something specific like a doctor, nurse ect. But come on, sending your kids to a crap school when you can go to Miami is just plain stupid. JMO

Advertisement
Back