Henry Parrish Makes Case he is the Best RB in Dade County

WoW 3 backs. We have two really great backs not sure if we really need to rotate to 3 backs, our 2 backs ball the **** out. I wonder if that matters or not.....
I get what you mean. I don't think we're lacking production by only playing two backs necessarily, but I think it would help keep the backs fresher and would help with recruiting if we played more.

Advertisement
I get what you mean. I don't think we're lacking production by only playing two backs necessarily, but I think it would help keep the backs fresher and would help with recruiting if we played more.
Typically you play the best, not saying at 3 backs there would be a huge drop off but 2 backs is usually what teams play. Going forward we about to run the score up so alot of players are about to get a lot of pt

And the constant Yearby talk is really lazy & doesn't make sense here, they play nothing alike, Yearby was slow & had no wiggle or change of direction to his game at all. Parrish is clearly faster, with very good vision & is an absolute playmaker with his ability to escape traffic & break long runs.

To me the major difference is Parrish is more powerful with better balance. Elusiveness isn't just about juking guys and Parrish eludes defenders in a variety of ways. He's very creative and efficient with his moves.

If he's Yearby that's still worth taking anyway. But imo he's closer to Gore than Yearby.

To me the major difference is Parrish is more powerful with better balance. Elusiveness isn't just about juking guys and Parrish eludes defenders in a variety of ways. He's very creative and efficient with his moves.

If he's Yearby that's still worth taking anyway. But imo he's closer to Gore than Yearby.

I have said this before, but Parrish is elite at maintaining balance through initial contact. Throughout his film, you see defenders get an arm on him or shoulder into him, and he shrugs it off despite his relatively small stature. It's because he keeps a low center of gravity and maintains his base, keeping his legs and feet under him without stopping or decelerating.

I also see a RB that is better than Yearby was as a HS senior (and even matching Yearby production levels would make him a take).

When this staff misses on Knighton and either fails to get a full class of 25 or takes some diamond-in-the-rough 2* kids to get to 25, this miss/pass/misevaluation will be infuriating.

Advertisement

GORE? Whoa, wait a minute folks. Lets not get too carried away with this kid. Hes good and all but hes no Gore. Not even close. Not even comparably close.

Like I said in the thread about Flemming..There are no more hidden gems in South Florida anymore. Frank Gore would have been a 5* RB and had every school after him even with the learning disability. If you are the goods, every big time FBS team in the country will know about you. Esp a player at Columbus where they have been in the state title game 2 years running. This kid is going to Pitt. The staff isn't missing anything evaluation wise with this kid that other schools aren't seeing. They all see the same thing. They see a kid who is great at the HS level but have a fear about how his skills will translate to the next level and if he is maxed out.

Its a valid concern and one that we shouldn't just brush off and use the narrative, "Our staff just doesn't get it. They suck at evaluations!" Well, a lot of teams suck at evaluations then not just our staff. They are making a judgment call and I don't see anything wrong with that. They just better be right because they are going to see this kid for the next 3-4 years.

4,000+ yards in 2 seasons vs the toughest 8A Dade comp, while being the catalyst to back to back undefeated State champ teams. But there's questions about whether or not he's good enough to play here smh lol.

And the constant Yearby talk is really lazy & doesn't make sense here, they play nothing alike, Yearby was slow & had no wiggle or change of direction to his game at all. Parrish is clearly faster, with very good vision & is an absolute playmaker with his ability to escape traffic & break long runs.

The Yearby vs Cook conversation always comes up on this board whenever anybody ever talks about a RB, but in what way is that comparable to Henry Parrish? No one is arguing that Parrish is a better RB than Chaney & every single person knows Chaney is the best back, what people have argued is that Parrish is a really good back & would be a great 2nd back to take in this class & would provide great depth.

Send him a committable offer & if he wants in he'll sign with us, we can make room for him in the class & on the roster. If he's not interested then it won't matter anyway, he's a talented luxury not a necessity.
This. It’s a complete failure of UM recruiting that this kid hasn’t been offered. Just a train wreck. Not even about whether he’s an idea future back. look at what you wrote. We are a looong way from being so good as a program that we can turn down the very best Dade kids because their elite upper limit is not nfl all pro. Just insane this kid should be the standard bearer for this class. Manny needs to wake up or he’s a fail.

Advertisement
This. It’s a complete failure of UM recruiting that this kid hasn’t been offered. Just a train wreck. Not even about whether he’s an idea future back. look at what you wrote. We are a looong way from being so good as a program that we can turn down the very best Dade kids because their elite upper limit is not nfl all pro. Just insane this kid should be the standard bearer for this class. Manny needs to wake up or he’s a fail.
Didn’t we get mad at Golden for the same thing we can’t keep turning down these talented kids the similarities between this staff and Golden staff recruiting wise is really starting to scare me.

GORE? Whoa, wait a minute folks. Lets not get too carried away with this kid. Hes good and all but hes no Gore. Not even close. Not even comparably close.

Gore is the most instinctive RB of all time. He's the LeBron James of RBs in terms of his command of blocking schemes and ability to manipulate defenses with his wits. No one compares to that but on a spectrum of Gore to Yearby I think Parrish is closer to Gore. Yearby barely got a whiff of the NFL so that's not a big leap to make for Parrish.

I think schools and recruiting services overvalue size and testing #s for RBs. That's the simplest explanation for why Parrish is being overlooked. I'd rather have Clyde Edwards Helaire (3*) than Najee Harris (5*) for example.

This kid is having a field day against western tonight wish we’d shoot r shot at him and whichever one wants to come settle for that

Advertisement
This defense has James Williams and Hodges:

He had another one called back in the first half.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back