Henry Parrish, 2020 RB

They become top teams by not taking JAGs. It's a little presumptive for us to act like we're a top team. We're not there yet.

The top teams also have depth. Clemson has 7 RBs on their roster, Bama has 8. And both have two committed for this class. That's deeper than us. We have 6 and that's counting the two fullbacks. We don't even have any walk-ons listed on the roster. (It's difficult even fielding a scout team)

I guess I don't understand the thinking that if they're not a consensus 5*, they're just a JAG. With only 5 5*s RBs nation-wide, there's a lot of gray in between.
The one year Clemson took 2 backs the other guy was JAG... Picking up a guy like parrish would be nice but is not a key to building a championship roster.

Advertisement
Let's let the season play out. If we perform the way we should and Pitt and the Semenholes go 500, we may have both Parrish and Knighton circle back to us. We may even have someone new pop up. Man, February 1st is a long way out.
Knight on will not end up at Miami even if FSU goes 0-12 and pushes him out of their class

I have to see more Im in wait n see mode but by Stefs comment the kid was never going to come here hes waiting on the big offers
I dont think **** get a big time offer from a SEC school..maybe a team like Ole Miss or Miss State ...but LSU,Bama, A&M, UGA wont offer...UF prob will because they missed on there top 4 or 5 targets already...

I don't watch a lot of HS tape but what stands out to me about Parrish is one specific aspect......his inside run game is elite. His vision, balance and ability to cut within the front 7 is better than most RBs i have seen in recent years. He may not have the elite size/speed to wow you on the outside or in space but he is a chain mover with incredible quicks inside.

Sometimes that ability translates better to the next level. Guys can get bigger/faster in college S&C programs but the fast guys who lack vision or that "feel" inside don't usually gain it. It's inherent to the player.

Advertisement
I don't watch a lot of HS tape but what stands out to me about Parrish is one specific aspect......his inside run game is elite. His vision, balance and ability to cut within the front 7 is better than most RBs i have seen in recent years. He may not have the elite size/speed to wow you on the outside or in space but he is a chain mover with incredible quicks inside.

Sometimes that ability translates better to the next level. Guys can get bigger/faster in college S&C programs but the fast guys who lack vision or that "feel" inside don't usually gain it. It's inherent to the player.

What you described is an essential quality for a high-level RB. Vision. And you generally either have it or you don't.

Parrish looks to be a player with an Joe Yearby archetype. To MEEEEEE....thats a take in a class with Chaney.

The ship may have sailed though. If im them i would recruit rbs lightly now...and depeding on how the season goes for any of our rbs...grab 1 maybe after the initial signing day.

I've put him in a class with Matthew Dayes...and that is still a take for me every year. Especially with Asa getting out of town, we got another spot and it should be him. I'd turn up the **** heat on Parrish. I want him on this **** team.

Advertisement
Teams miss all the time. Look at the Hall of Fame-caliber players Pitt has recruited in the past twenty years.

As for your second question, Miami gets less of a pass because they’re local. If the local team with the most information doesn’t recruit you, that means they don’t like you.
I agree with u but miami is only taking 1 rb and who would u rather have Chaney or Parrish that's what it comes down to

I agree with u but miami is only taking 1 rb and who would u rather have Chaney or Parrish that's what it comes down to

If that was 100% the case going in, why did they continue to recruit Knighton?

If Deejay has a good season and bolts to the NFL, we'd be down to 4 total RBs....with 3 of them being juniors. Eventually you have to re-stock and RB is a position with high injury risk.

If that was 100% the case going in, why did they continue to recruit Knighton?

If Deejay has a good season and bolts to the NFL, we'd be down to 4 total RBs....with 3 of them being juniors. Eventually you have to re-stock and RB is a position with high injury risk.
They recruited knighton for like a week or 2 but contact fell off right after it was reported miami is only taking one rb. My guess is Chaney told them only take one or they want to fill up other positions

Advertisement
Parrish looks to be a player with an Joe Yearby archetype. To MEEEEEE....thats a take in a class with Chaney.

That's exactly how I see it gogeta...And I think that type has a place in this class...UNLESS Burns rises from the dead, and maybe even then. I like a stable, but 2 is only urgent (instead of important) unless Burns/Lingard bust ( at this point Burns is a bust, but would gladly be proven wrong)

Yearby wasn't a game changer, but he had that same trait inside for a small back, ran well inside. Deon Lewis was like that at Pitt.

Advertisement
With Asa Martin gone we should grab another one. I wouldn't mind a big physical back but Parrish's vision is good enough.

Advertisement
Back