Henry Gray

A year ago at this time, it was presumed we'd have no shot at the five-star DBs in our backyard (Stevenson, Dent, etc.) because of Banda & Rumph's performance as recruiters. That was unfortunately, but expectedly proven correct.

The same applies to Henry Gray for 2020. Fight for him and recruit him as hard as you can because he's an elite talent from Miami Central. But since we're maintaining the status quo with Banda/Rumph for a fourth straight year, you already know how this will end.
Find a kid who is a step below and lock him up. This kid ain't coming. I live in a place where it is 15 degrees today and I know this... "Shadow Recruit" should be defined and used as a term on this board henceforth. I am too lazy to find the guy who used this term but it is brilliant.

Advertisement
Dude is visiting for their Junior day in February.

That is usually when they drop their bags on their Top Targets
Stop trying to act like you know some **** you don’t man. You’re sad. You want to act like you got some real info so bad. Told y’all this dude literally just says anything he thinks y’all wana hear lol

Recruit him but at no point should the words the staff feels good about him be uttered.

Advertisement
Nope, that needs to be part of a new policy.. If you commit and then de-commit to look at schools that pay their players you have your offer rescinded permanently.. That's the only way to weed out the dirty kids looking for bags

You offer and give it your best shot and if they want to play games past October 1st then they aren't coming.

Its not going to jeopardize any coaching relationships taking a really good kid that is ready to commit over a potentially great kid that wants to play games.
So give recruits a commit or pull offer deadline..oct 1st..you do realize that is not smart for various reasons. Yes, it will. Especially down here in South Florida. Remember randy Shannon tried to do similar methods and ignored local talent like devante freeman for example
Some of these cats really do go back n forth with the process. The best answer is two fold. Either the NCAA cleans up the process. I like the idea of certified “agents” backed from the NCAA that oversee each program on a daily/yearly basis. Especially in the power 5. Therefore the clear shady business is sniffed out b4 it get to the point it’s at now. Limit the access some of these “programs” affiliates have with recruits. I know it’s unrealistic at this point. **** is too far gone Now.

Nope, that needs to be part of a new policy.. If you commit and then de-commit to look at schools that pay their players you have your offer rescinded permanently.. That's the only way to weed out the dirty kids looking for bags

SPOT ON , you commit then go soft we go soft NO guarantees , no problem at all.

YOU LOOK ELSE WHERE WE LOOK ELSE WHERE........ANY QUESTIONS... this would be my reply everything transparent

Advertisement
So give recruits a commit or pull offer deadline..oct 1st..you do realize that is not smart for various reasons. Yes, it will. Especially down here in South Florida. Remember randy Shannon tried to do similar methods and ignored local talent like devante freeman for example
Some of these cats really do go back n forth with the process. The best answer is two fold. Either the NCAA cleans up the process. I like the idea of certified “agents” backed from the NCAA that oversee each program on a daily/yearly basis. Especially in the power 5. Therefore the clear shady business is sniffed out b4 it get to the point it’s at now. Limit the access some of these “programs” affiliates have with recruits. I know it’s unrealistic at this point. **** is too far gone Now.

I must have missed where I said "pull their offers". What I said was you recruit them and give it your best shot and if they aren't willing to shut it down then you move onto the next guy. The only 4/5* diva type guy we've gotten in the last several years was Nesta. Virtually all of our other 4/5* guys were committed and help recruit for the class. We haven't had a full class in a long time so there will always be room for the 1/100 that want to play games and then commit to UM.

You have a poor recollection of why Randy Shannon was ostracized by several local HS coaches .... it was b/c he was lazy and recruited a handful of schools and didn't bother with others ... that is what ****ed off the local coaches.

No coach is going to be upset if their 5* diva is offered, courted, but won't commit and therefore UM puts them on the back burner for other guys. In fact it will probably improve relationships with HS coaches.

Kid will prob commit to Clemson soon

Plenty of DBs in SoFla but we def need to start landing the elite ones

As others have said; that won't happen until we consistently win on the field

Stop trying to act like you know some **** you don’t man. You’re sad. You want to act like you got some real info so bad. Told y’all this dude literally just says anything he thinks y’all wana hear lol

tf??? He already came out and said he is visiting Feb 26th.

for the past 3 years. Any Elite kid that Clemson wants always leave that even commit. Look at Ladson and Mellusi last year.

Also Clemson is expecting to sign a full class

Francois>Gray. Best DB in the nation. But I’ll take any and all.

An ace recruiter won’t do as well here as at Bama for obvious rea$ons, but his hit percentage will still most definitely be higher than we’re used to. You can bet if Seider was on staff, Elam and Dixon would be a part of this class.

Advertisement
tf??? He already came out and said he is visiting Feb 26th.

for the past 3 years. Any Elite kid that Clemson wants always leave that even commit. Look at Ladson and Mellusi last year.

Also Clemson is expecting to sign a full class
Like I said stop making up **** and coming on the board stating **** like it’s something you know is a fact. Mellusi didn’t even have an offer until late in the spring. They both committed to Clemson in April after the spring game but they hand out bookbags of cash during Jr day when it’s **** near 100 kids on campus. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He gone.

Can start putting the list together now of the kids we are going to finish 2nd for:

Gray
Francois
Fred Davis
Britt
Rosemy
Chaney
Bowman
Sapp
Rivers
Williams

Anyone else we should add early?

Like I said stop making up **** and coming on the board stating **** like it’s something you know is a fact. Mellusi didn’t even have an offer until late in the spring. They both committed to Clemson in April after the spring game but they hand out bookbags of cash during Jr day when it’s **** near 100 kids on campus. Makes sense.

Obviously reading comprehension is a subject not taught in South Carolina.

He gone.

Can start putting the list together now of the kids we are going to finish 2nd for:

Gray
Francois
Fred Davis
Britt
Rosemy
Chaney
Bowman
Sapp
Rivers
Williams

Anyone else we should add early?

Gotta try to hold on to B-Rob, but he looks as good as any on that list.

Obviously reading comprehension is a subject not taught in South Carolina.
You just said they drop bags on top targets in feb jackass. Then said kids leave that event and commit. Look at Ladson and mellusi. None of that **** happened in feb. Melli’s I didn’t have an offer so how tf did they drop a bag on him at Jr day in feb? You been a fraud. You haven’t posted **** on this board and been right. You just post bull****.

Advertisement
Back