Henry Gray

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
So based on this weekend, should we even bother recruiting him again since he decommitted? Looks like another one trolling us.

Edit: Not sure why it doesn't show it, but after #ALLIN is a Clemson paw

Advertisement
A year ago at this time, it was presumed we'd have no shot at the five-star DBs in our backyard (Stevenson, Dent, etc.) because of Banda & Rumph's performance as recruiters. That was unfortunately, but expectedly proven correct.

The same applies to Henry Gray for 2020. Fight for him and recruit him as hard as you can because he's an elite talent from Miami Central. But since we're maintaining the status quo with Banda/Rumph for a fourth straight year, you already know how this will end.

So based on this weekend, should we even bother recruiting him again since he decommitted? Looks like another one trolling us.

Edit: Not sure why it doesn't show it, but after #ALLIN is a Clemson paw

#ALLIN is one of their things Dabo started a few years back. Each player has a poker chip they drop in a bucket before leaving the locker room.

He may very well just be pulling for Clemson and putting it on his social media. I still think you recruit him, but the problem we have had in the past is that we bank on a certain guy to come while ignoring others. That definitely needs to change. Recruit everyone you can, take the commits you want, and still keep recruiting just like the big boys do. If it's a business decision for the kids, it's a business decision for us too.

Advertisement
Of course you gotta keep recruiting. But as a fan I wouldn't expect any top sfl signing with the Canes until they prove us wrong.

Advertisement
A year ago at this time, it was presumed we'd have no shot at the five-star DBs in our backyard (Stevenson, Dent, etc.) because of Banda & Rumph's performance as recruiters. That was unfortunately, but expectedly proven correct.

The same applies to Henry Gray for 2020. Fight for him and recruit him as hard as you can because he's an elite talent from Miami Central. But since we're maintaining the status quo with Banda/Rumph for a fourth straight year, you already know how this will end.
01. Even if we had a ace recruiter. We wouldn't land most of these big names from down here. Ace recruiters disappear. When they coach here.

These guys either commit too us early and then decommit. Or play the "I'm on campus every week" routine. For the only reason. As to say they gave the home team a shot but in the end. It was a "business decision", "Momma wanted me out of here" or "They can get me to the next level".

Recruit the these guys but don't let them fool you over and over. Fill the class with the young men that want to build the program.

Nope. It's called you're better off taking the 7/8 home than buying drinks for the 9/10 all night who then leaves with another guy.
So you don’t recruit the best kids in your area? I understand if we was taking about a kid from the panhandle. But from Miami u keep recruiting. If you go the route y’all talking about you jeopardize relationships with coaches down here also. Unless it’s clear a guy is not coming then u push..and i always go the 9/10 route. But she only get a drink tops while I read the situation

Advertisement
The crazy part is just being on certain staffs seem to turn coaches into “ace recruiters”. You got James coley who was here and was a solid recruiter, but now he’s a Ace at UGA..coach kul who we all complained about..now he’s a Ace recruiter..the **** is laughable at times. 💰EC

So you don’t recruit the best kids in your area? I understand if we was taking about a kid from the panhandle. But from Miami u keep recruiting. If you go the route y’all talking about you jeopardize relationships with coaches down here also. Unless it’s clear a guy is not coming then u push..and i always go the 9/10 route. But she only get a drink tops while I read the situation

You offer and give it your best shot and if they want to play games past October 1st then they aren't coming.

Its not going to jeopardize any coaching relationships taking a really good kid that is ready to commit over a potentially great kid that wants to play games.

Advertisement
01. Even if we had a ace recruiter. We wouldn't land most of these big names from down here. Ace recruiters disappear. When they coach here.

These guys either commit too us early and then decommit. Or play the "I'm on campus every week" routine. For the only reason. As to say they gave the home team a shot but in the end. It was a "business decision", "Momma wanted me out of here" or "They can get me to the next level".

Recruit the these guys but don't let them fool you over and over. Fill the class with the young men that want to build the program.

You're right that we probably still wouldn't land most of the five-star level DBs with an ace recruiter. But we have crystal clear evidence that we will get none of the Surtain/Campbell/Stevenson/Dent/Gray level talents with Banda/Rumph being retained.

Our prior regime botched evals and didn't even pursue the likes of Deandre Baker and Damon Arnette, three-star CBs from our own backyard that ended up at playoff-level programs, were developed into quality starters, and will be playing on Sundays.

Unfortunately, Banda/Rumph have had similarly inexplicable slow play and neglect situations with the likes of Asante Samuel, Kaiir Elam, and Jordan Battle that left fans shaking their heads at why they weren't being prioritized until it was far too late.

Recruit him up to September 1st, 2019 and if he is in great if not move on.

If he is in no official visits elsewhere allowed.

If he is out move on to the next kid on your board and invest time in that kid.

Local kids have until 9/1/19 to receive offer and commit.

Advertisement
Back