Henderson, Porter & Linder to Hold Press Conference Monday

View as article
You just have to laugh at Ferman attempting to get people to his site..

CaneSport ‏@CaneSport
We have been hearing Linder likely to go for weeks. Can't understand that possible decision. And Henderson and Porter? Huh?

Advertisement

This program will never turn the corner if we can't keep these guys from bolting early. Losing 3 upperclassman from the trenches is going to sting. We can't expect Freshman to come in and immediately replace them. We lose all depth on the OL and our DL is already weak to begin with. i want to believe this is a PR stunt but what if part of the deal for the upperclassman going through the proper channels and process to declaring includes a press conference? Who knows but I don't like it. Just say you are facking coming back and you have unfinished business!

OL depth will take a hit, but we would be ok without 77 and 65. Losing Porter however is a serious blow. He has got to be crazy if he thinks he getting drafted.

Advertisement
Even Manny thinks this is a no brainer.

Seantrel, Linder, Porter to announce intentions on whether to go pro or stay on Monday

Hurricanes juniors Seantrel Henderson, Brandon Linder and Curtis Porter will announce their intentions on whether they will declare for the 2013 NFL Draft or return to the University of Miami for their senior seasons during a press conference Monday at 11 a.m.

My guess? None of them will be going anywhere but back to the weight room and film room.

None of the players are projected to be first or second day picks in April's draft.

According to NFLDraftScout.com, Henderson (6-8, 340) is listed as the 11th best offensive tackle at his position in the Class of 2014 -- the highest of any junior on UM's roster. But that translates to being a 6th or 7th round pick in April at best if he leaves early.

Linder (6-5, 312) earned All-ACC honorable mention and is the most accomplished of the three. But he ranks 29th at his position in the Class of 2014.

Porter, whose career has been marred by injury, isn't even in the database for NFLDraftScout.com.

College football players who completed high school at least three years prior have until Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, to declare their intention to forgo their remaining collegiate eligibility and enter the draft.

Posted by Manny Navarro at 5:24 PM in University of Miami Football | Permalink | Comments (9)

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/#storylink=cpy

Why would UM hold a press conference for kids who are announcing that they are leaving early?

Last edited:
the thread is tl;dr at this point, but does UM usually hold pressers to announce going pro? don't these decisions usually just come out in a non university sanctioned event?

my large gut says they're coming back.

also timing wise, suppose the NOA noise is coming out on Monday. Could be used to provide some good news on a bad news day. Or start of a snowball effect of good news, NOA not that bad, 3 key draft eligible returning all heading into a big recruiting weekend.

Advertisement
This is what Im hoping

"Logically, one would believe that all three will take the podium on Monday, announcing their belief in Golden and intent to return to Miami – treating the presser as free positive coverage for the program and a chance for current recruits to hear that some upperclassmen continue believing in the direction of the program." -http://blog.allcanes.com/henderson-porter-linder-presser-monday

CaneSport ‏@CaneSport
We have been hearing Linder likely to go for weeks. Can't understand that possible decision. And Henderson and Porter? Huh?

This the proof they are coming back. All I needed to see.

I dont think we held any press conference for any of the guys that left early last season. If so, i'm guessing this means they're staying.

CaneSport ‏@CaneSport

Wow for printing this BS he keeps his stupid title.

Advertisement
Didn't read all of the pages on this thread, but didn't see all of this linked together at one time. If we have the NOA in hand then I wouldn't be surprised if Golden masterminded this. He announces what the contents of the NOA are and how we are addressing it. Then our three best juniors step to the podium and reaffirm their commitment to the team. We then have a monster recruiting weekend and sign 18-20 studs.

Didn't read all of the pages on this thread, but didn't see all of this linked together at one time. If we have the NOA in hand then I wouldn't be surprised if Golden masterminded this. He announces what the contents of the NOA are and how we are addressing it. Then our three best juniors step to the podium and reaffirm their commitment to the team. We then have a monster recruiting weekend and sign 18-20 studs.

This.

Advertisement
Expand the tweet and look at the url in your browser and copy the number at the end and place it between these tags: ***
Disregard the forum won't let me put the code here see example below..

Example:
PHP:
[tweet] number you copied goes here[/tweet]

Last edited:

CaneSport ‏@CaneSport

Ferman needs to get his hearing checked.

Advertisement
Back