Henderson, Porter & Linder to Hold Press Conference Monday

View as article
Advertisement
Well, I don't know if this will calm the crowd a little but from the mouth of one of the starters on the offense, all juniors made their intentions clear they are coming back.
That statement was made yesterday by one of the best players on offense. Take it for what ever it worth.

my friend works for a sports agent firm.

he has been claiming that Seantrel has been leaving early to sign with his agency.

recently, he said Seantrel didn't like the package that was offered and will not leave early.

I'm buying the PR set up. Hardly any buzz about them declaring, I mean Linder? Good man, but...A little bada-bing, press conference, SMD scribbling and asking follow ups to everyone else's follow ups, more good news...Goldenmane gets to point to them staying and weathering the storm, as NOA is released, sell recruits on family/unity/we'll-get-through-it-ness. Then again, maybe they're just declaring...last year was a headscratcher if I remember correctly.

Smart man.

But Linder is the goods, he will be in the NFL for quite awhile IMO. He stays and next year 2nd/3rd round pick.

Agree. Next year's OL shaping up to be pre-game chatter material, destined to be in random graphics about "Keys to the Game", Linder's name gets a lot more airtime. (...please stay, everyone...)

my friend works for a sports agent firm.

he has been claiming that Seantrel has been leaving early to sign with his agency.

recently, he said Seantrel didn't like the package that was offered and will not leave early.

I'll take it fwiw, hope your friend is legit

Advertisement
Well, I don't know if this will calm the crowd a little but from the mouth of one of the starters on the offense, all juniors made their intentions clear they are coming back.
That statement was made yesterday by one of the best players on offense. Take it for what ever it worth.

Soon to be from a "source" on PapaDouche's twitter feed.

Would it be safe to say that these guys coming back( in the face of NCAA sanctions and the lure of NFL money) is an endorsement of what Golden is doing with the program and their belief in him?

Maybe Im just an insufferable homer, but I think this is another sign of this program turning the corner

The press conference is an setup to some good news focus on the University of Miami this has big AL written all over this. He knows the players are staying put it shows the other kids miami is on the up and up. It's a way to to the focus off miami with the NCAA stuff that's going on.

Would it be safe to say that these guys coming back( in the face of NCAA sanctions and the lure of NFL money) is an endorsement of what Golden is doing with the program and their belief in him?

Maybe Im just an insufferable homer, but I think this is another sign of this program turning the corner

Those will be the words they use, assuming that they are coming back of course. Lot's of, "Coach Golden has a plan", "Shovel coal", "core values", and what-not.

Advertisement
wonder if UM knows that all three are coming back and set something up so there's something else to talk about on monday besides the NCAA stuff

Shake my head mane. Shake my head.

Who announces a press conference to say they are staying.

The whole thing is odd. Who has a press conference saying they're leaving?

Right, but unless you are a potential Heisman candidate or the like, why would it be press conference worthy to announce entering the draft. Don't most players declare without a press conference anyway? I don't remember any former canes who announced with a press conference.

Safe.

Advertisement

Those will be the words they use, assuming that they are coming back of course. Lot's of, "Coach Golden has a plan", "Shovel coal", "core values", and what-not.

Dont forget 'brick-by-brick'....

Dont forget 'brick-by-brick'....

Again...

Really hoping this is bandied about. #IShovelCoalWithTheU

Advertisement

Safe.

This also comes the week of the biggest recruiting weekend of the year

You don't need a press conference, but its not a bad way to get your guys in the media talking about how much they believe in the program. Especially coming the same as the NOA (supposedly) and right before the biggest recruiting weekend of the year.

this..

And the fact that Linder, who nobody thought of as a possible early departure is among the players announcing Monday makes you think it is all a PR stunt designed by Golden.

Advertisement
Back