Henderson, Porter & Linder to Hold Press Conference Monday

View as article
One thing I've been thinking though: assuming they are all coming back, was it Golden's idea to call a press conference to announce this? Did he tell them they had to do it? Did he ask them how they would feel about it? Or was it their idea and they brought it to goldenmane? Seems like it would be strange in a way if goldenmane was just like "Oh, so you're all staying. Here's this great PR idea I have..."

Why? If their head coach thought it would help why wouldn't they be down to stand on stage say: "Did the Japanese have dinner with the U.S before they bombed Pearl Harbor? **** the NOA, it's all this U."

I agree with the move entirely. I think that if what we assume is going to happen happens it's going to be an awesome moment. Just the concept of a semi-choreographed presser starring players is really novel, as far as I can tell...

Could be as simple as 3 seniors wanting to step up and be leaders. Three seniors that can actually play a bit and have been here through the absolute worst, have had to skip two post seasons and want their moment to declare what they, and this program, are about.

Advertisement
One thing I've been thinking though: assuming they are all coming back, was it Golden's idea to call a press conference to announce this? Did he tell them they had to do it? Did he ask them how they would feel about it? Or was it their idea and they brought it to goldenmane? Seems like it would be strange in a way if goldenmane was just like "Oh, so you're all staying. Here's this great PR idea I have..."

Why? If their head coach thought it would help why wouldn't they be down to stand on stage say: "Did the Japanese have dinner with the U.S before they bombed Pearl Harbor? **** the NOA, it's all this U."

I agree with the move entirely. I think that if what we assume is going to happen happens it's going to be an awesome moment. Just the concept of a semi-choreographed presser starring players is really novel, as far as I can tell...

Could be as simple as 3 seniors wanting to step up and be leaders. Three seniors that can actually play a bit and have been here through the absolute worst, have had to skip two post seasons and want their moment to declare what they, and this program, are about.

There it is. Had been looking at the press conference as them saying, "We're staying," and then media picking up on implications and what not, filling in the blanks as far as trust in the process and direction. But ****, if they come out like that and say "We're staying, and here's why..." Yeah. Yeah that film could be around for a while. Good call.

LOL at late rounders holding a press conference as if anyone would care.

empty-room-dc.jpg

Advertisement
Porter will not make a team, dudes played in like 7 games Henderson would be a late rounder, as would Linder, with that said I hope hey all stay even though I think it's kinda weird they're holding a press confere ce

Porter will not make a team, dudes played in like 7 games Henderson would be a late rounder, as would Linder, with that said I hope hey all stay even though I think it's kinda weird they're holding a press confere ce

They wouldnt be holding one if they were leaving

Advertisement
Easily does two things:

(1) Raise their profile as "guys who came back" and potentially earn them some pre-season watch list looks
(2) As everyone else has noted, serves as public confirmation that people are buying into the Golden program, so to speak.

There's no downside here. I guess people could call them delusional for even doing this, but they have at least some to gain.

agree with LuCane and the others that have stated similar things.

Worst case scenario IMO... is that they use this to blunt any negative news coming from the NCAA.

Didn't read all of the pages on this thread, but didn't see all of this linked together at one time. If we have the NOA in hand then I wouldn't be surprised if Golden masterminded this. He announces what the contents of the NOA are and how we are addressing it. Then our three best juniors step to the podium and reaffirm their commitment to the team. We then have a monster recruiting weekend and sign 18-20 studs.

This.

Then to cap it off, during wrap up Golden slides in a comment that we also won't be taking any used goods ex-**** quarterbacks either...

Advertisement
[/QUOTE] The whole thing is odd. Who has a press conference saying they're leaving?[/QUOTE]

Tajh Boyd at Clemson Right before their big recruiting weekend.

Has UM ever held a press conference for an outgoing junior? I can't remember one. Maybe it's my selective memory, but if UM didn't hold a presser for Ray Lewis, Edge, CP, McGahee, AJ, Winslow, etc... They ain't holding a presser for these dudes to declare their intentions to leave the school. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Advertisement
They will announce that they are staying...also, will be named team captains by Coach...

Everyone thinks they're staying and it's just PR by Golden.

Junior start to say how much they love Miami and are here to finish what they started then....[music hits].....Drew Rosenhaus strides out. Swerve.

RBs and maybe WRs can come out early for injury reasons, but the linemen with injury histories like SH and CP need to prove their durability BEFORE going pro.
I can't imagine any benefit in either leaving early. First, they need to improve. Second they need to show they can make it through a season.
If they stay and get injured, they would still be in the same position they are now. If they stay healthy and perform, they make a lot more money on the 1st contract, which is all most NFL players ever get.

Advertisement
Back