Hearing some rumors about Bo Scarbrough to UM.

Tell you this much, if the impossible happens and they pull a consensus top 20 prospect at the running back position from Tuscaloosa, isn't that a **** of an indictment on the culture in south florida?

Matt Thomas says no, but AQM says yes

Dalvin Cook says no, but Bo Scarbrough says yes

Valentine is all LSU, while Gaillard is about to take a final trip here and we have a decent chance of flipping him

What are OOS studs seeing in our program that South Florida guys aren't?

I'd hold off on extrapolating one example into some sort of trend. The odds of Bo and Gaillard flipping to UM are **** near infinitesimal. I'd be shocked at either one, much less both.

Am I really extrapolating?

Kevin Olsen
Kiy Hester
Brad Kaaya
Beau Sandland
Raphael Kirby

Courtel Jenkins basically told OSU and PSU to **** off

Why have Braxton Berrios and Juwon Young been the most solid commits that we've had outside of Trevor Darling

Kiy Hester even reiterated his commitment when the Golden to PSU train got rolling.

Your original post implied a trend where a local guy spurns UM, and Golden finds an out of state comparable stud to replace the local kid that went elsewhere.

You cited one actual example: AQM in place of MT. The other two examples are pipe dreams at the moment.

As for the other recruits you have now cited, I agree they are excellent pulls and I'm happy we have them. But that is a separate issue.

Advertisement
man, everyone acts like Jermaine Grace, Jamal Carter and Artie Burns don't exist. I will be shocked if they aren't all acc by the time they leave.

Last edited:
man, everyone acts like Jermaine Grace, Jamal Carter and Artie Burns don't exist. I will be shocked if they are all acc by the time they leave.

agreed we have studs that needed experience. now they do. grace has to outperform though IMO, he has "it" but needs to find it

Advertisement
watching the fsu game. AQM was the only guy pressuring the QB. he is just a different level of talent than we have had and his legs are like twigs. Kamalu was outperforming chick towards end of year. both guys will get a great off-season in and make nice improvements.

I would be shocked if he left bama. He grew up in Tuscaloosa and it would be coming home for him.

While I am not expecting him to flip, nothing in recruiting shocks me any more. Sometimes we overplay the "staying home factor". Getting on the field from day one at Miami Vs. waiting in line behind a few stud RB's at Bama could be a strong factor. You never know also if he wanted to leave home town for one reason or another like so many kids do in SF. Being on South Beach could be appealing to the kids. Let's hope that is the case.

Advertisement
As stated by other posters, landing this guy would make us all forget about Cook. This guy is super big time. Hopefully it works out. He would instantly become the second back behind Duke.

160.gif

Duke and Scarborough!!!!

Advertisement
We need a 3 back rotation of Duke, Scarborough and Gus the Bus. Next year Yearby steps into the Duke roll when Duke declares early. Alabama, Georgia and LSU use 3 backs effectively.

Advertisement
We should cut off Gus' head atop the Schwartz center to appease Bo and give a sacrifice to the Gods.

Advertisement
Back