Hearing some rumors about Bo Scarbrough to UM.

If you want to be a running back and Coach Saben says your a LB'er, you will NEVER carry the ball. NEVER
I think he has some serious thinking to do. If he will accept playing LB'er, than he's Bama all the way. If he wants to be a RB, he's a Cane.
Plane and simple

This is true and basically, saban can tell him "sure, you can play Rb". Then, after the first year when he's buried in the depth chart, saban can tell him "why don't you give LB a try - you'll see the field much faster."

Case closed

Advertisement
Bo Scarbrough ‏@starbo06 3m
Welcome home @marlon_humphrey pic.twitter.com/3YDFRvEnYM

doesn't sound like he's wavering….

Advertisement

Not saying he is or he isn't but remember when Cook was doing the gator chomp a few weeks back, Antone's slippers anyone? Just saying you can't take these kids words for ish nowadays. Commitment means nothing to the kids of today. Also, why do people twit stalk kids?

Not saying he is or he isn't but remember when Cook was doing the gator chomp a few weeks back, Antone's slippers anyone? Just saying you can't take these kids words for ish nowadays. Commitment means nothing to the kids of today. Also, why do people twit stalk kids?

For the same reason you're reading about them on a message board.

Related, but somewhat unrelated, all these Bama recruits look like they've already spent 3 years in a college weight room. This kid would eat Joe Yearby.

Advertisement
If you want to be a running back and Coach Saben says your a LB'er, you will NEVER carry the ball. NEVER
I think he has some serious thinking to do. If he will accept playing LB'er, than he's Bama all the way. If he wants to be a RB, he's a Cane.
Plane and simple

Derrick Green ended up at RB when many thought Saban would move him to TE/H-back or LB.

If you want to be a running back and Coach Saben says your a LB'er, you will NEVER carry the ball. NEVERI think he has some serious thinking to do. If he will accept playing LB'er, than he's Bama all the way. If he wants to be a RB, he's a Cane.Plane and simple
Derrick Green ended up at RB when many thought Saban would move him to TE/H-back or LB.
That's true.... Derrick Green did end up at rb....... at Michigan. Its Derrick Henry who is at Alabama

Advertisement
Is it confirmed he is coming for an OV?

Anyone?

Anyone?

No one is REALLY confirmed until they show up on campus. Until then, it's all conjecture.

Okay, how about this...has he made any recent comments on whether he is planning on visiting this weekend?

I read an article that said he was trying to minimize any publicity related to his recruitment. When he went to FSU he refused to wear the name tag they give the recruits.

Advertisement
Is it confirmed he is coming for an OV?

Anyone?

Anyone?

No one is REALLY confirmed until they show up on campus. Until then, it's all conjecture.

Okay, how about this...has he made any recent comments on whether he is planning on visiting this weekend?

My guess is that with all the people who monitor recruits' every bowel movement and nose pick that you'd see it here if there is any info.

class ain't closing ****

Scarborough was always a reach. We can still close strong with Worton, Jackson, and Gaillard.

I'm with rickay on this one. I try to be as positive as possible but, today I'm on suicide watch. I really believe this class is not going to close well. We've already been trending down these past few weeks -- it'll continue in my opinion.

I'm in the boat that believes that if we lose VT, this class is a failure. I'll probably take some heat for that, but I have a specific reason for my position. If we're going to run this defensive system and be successful, we're going to need a few defensive tackles of his caliber and skill set/body type. We're going to keep getting torched as long as we don't have the correct guys for the system. I know we have three other DT's committed, but they're not the answer. We need someone who can dominate inside if we want this system to work. Moten is not ready to play. Hurtelou is undersized at Nose. Wyche has the size but he plays standing up right now.

We're getting one running back, who has a broken leg. We need more than that. It's unacceptable that we can't find players at positions of need, now two years running. It looks like we're going to lose Lenius. Treon is not serious about coming. JC might come -- but is he absolutely needed, like guys at other positions (RB, DT)? No. We have decent depth corner already. Njoku looks like he's headed to OSU. Galliard is sight seeing. Worton will probably end up at UF, and I'm pretty meh on him. I think he's a good player and he'll be very productive wherever he goes, but he doesn't get me excited.

The only way I'll be happy is if we land Scarborough and VT, only because they're positions of desperate need -- but that surely aint happening.

class ain't closing ****

Scarborough was always a reach. We can still close strong with Worton, Jackson, and Gaillard.

I'm with rickay on this one. I try to be as positive as possible but, today I'm on suicide watch. I really believe this class is not going to close well. We've already been trending down these past few weeks -- it'll continue in my opinion.

I'm in the boat that believes that if we lose VT, this class is a failure. I'll probably take some heat for that, but I have a specific reason for my position. If we're going to run this defensive system and be successful, we're going to need a few defensive tackles of his caliber and skill set/body type. We're going to keep getting torched as long as we don't have the correct guys for the system. I know we have three other DT's committed, but they're not the answer. We need someone who can dominate inside if we want this system to work. Moten is not ready to play. Hurtelou is undersized at Nose. Wyche has the size but he plays standing up right now.

We're getting one running back, who has a broken leg. We need more than that. It's unacceptable that we can't find players at positions of need, now two years running. It looks like we're going to lose Lenius. Treon is not serious about coming. JC might come -- but is he absolutely needed, like guys at other positions (RB, DT)? No. We have decent depth corner already. Njoku looks like he's headed to OSU. Galliard is sight seeing. Worton will probably end up at UF, and I'm pretty meh on him. I think he's a good player and he'll be very productive wherever he goes, but he doesn't get me excited.

The only way I'll be happy is if we land Scarborough and VT, only because they're positions of desperate need -- but that surely aint happening.

You shouldn't take any heat for that because it's the exact same opinion 90% of the board had a few weeks ago before they got soft and slid into Kubler-Ross's 5th stage of death.

class ain't closing ****

I feel for you man, but get out of the panic mode. It's really overblown... VT is going onto his 4th commit! There's a lot going on with that story if you know what I mean. Yearby will be fine and btw, he was the most productive RB coming out of the Dade (the best county for football in the country) for the past 2 yrs. Career-wise he had 5000+ yards and 70 TD's! Cook was NEVER going to play with Yearby. He lived in that shadow for the last 3 years!

The class is solid. We've got a lot of talent coming in on defense. We're not going to crack the top five until we win more consistently, but were getting there!

Advertisement
Back