Hearing rumors

So let me get this straight. He's currently a redshirt sophomore, but if he graduates this year, he'd have 2 years of eligibility next year and not have to sit out a year?

That's what I want to know. Certainly seems like an unusual set of circumstances if true.

Advertisement
I've been thinking about this. If I were Coker I would inquire about Vanderbilt, Stanford, Northwestern or Duke. Two reasons. You would almost be guaranteed to be the starting qb and you could earn a masters degree from a school that really counts on a resume. Not saying that we are not a good school but facts are facts. You also give yourself the best opportunity to go to the league assuming you would be a backup at UM.

How can you lump Stanford in with those schools? Stanford has been a top 10 team the last 5 years. Also, while Northwestern loses Colter, Simien, who is **** good, is back next year, so not even close to a guarantee he starts for Northwestern.

Advertisement
i don't understand this...Ryan Williams has shown he can be a decent QB in the games he has played. The coaches know something we don't?

All i know is Stephen Morris may seem hot and is a practice warrior but it sure is a different story in games...Maybe its vice versa for Ryan Williams not doing so well in practices but **** when he has come in to play he's done well.

Coker is not even impressive when hes been in...hoping this is just a rumor.

i don't understand this...Ryan Williams has shown he can be a decent QB in the games he has played. The coaches know something we don't?

All i know is Stephen Morris may seem hot and is a practice warrior but it sure is a different story in games...Maybe its vice versa for Ryan Williams not doing so well in practices but **** when he has come in to play he's done well.

I can't fathom how giant a **** Williams must be laying n the practice field if they won't even give him a chance with how bad Morris is playing.

Advertisement

Consider who he looked good against though.........

Williams looked very good in the little we've seen him this year. He seemed accurate and to have command of the offense. With the OL we are bringing back, and the RB's, plus a deep stable of good WR's, I think Williams will be able to play to his strengths and not beat us. I'd love a QB who just hits the tight ends, dumps into the flat, and takes the occasional deep shot.

Especially in college, Arm Strength is the easiest of all other assets to get by without. You only throw deep once or twice a game and rarely 60 + yards. If a window is so tight that you need a canon to put it in there, odds are it wasn't the best option in the first place and you should find a check down. We have such great athletes, why not just hit them shorter and let them work?

I've been really impressed with what I've seen from Williams this year and feel like he could work well with the receivers next year, but something tells me Miami is gonna keep their ears open for any 5th year QB who wants to transfer in. I don't know why they would want to replace a 5th year QB with another one, but if they do look for one Coker would make sense.

Williams is the type of QB who can run the offense we should have. Two back sets, power running game, play action pass, tight end utilization, etc...

Coach Coley is a shotgun spread guy. Williams cant chuck it around the way Coley wants. I have to wonder if we'd be better off finding an offensive coordinator who's graduating early and can transfer in without having to sit out.

Advertisement
Williams is the type of QB who can run the offense we should have. Two back sets, power running game, play action pass, tight end utilization, etc...

Coach Coley is a shotgun spread guy. Williams cant chuck it around the way Coley wants. I have to wonder if we'd be better off finding an offensive coordinator who's graduating early and can transfer in without having to sit out.

ridiculous point of view..... you obviously have been watching this offense w/ ur eyes closed.

James Coley is far from a shotgun spread guy wtf r u talking about??

Ryan Williams can throw the ball just fine, it's about competition and may the best man win simple as that.

Consider who he looked good against though.........

That is true but you can't really knock him for that IMO. He's done well in games when asked.

We may bring in a QB but then he will have to learn the playbook, adapt to the players and the surroundings and try to lead the team? It's not impossible but you can understand why i'm not very fond of the idea. ****, I think i'd rather have Olsen play next year and gain valuable experience seeing what he has to offer instead of bringing in an outside QB... But what do I know, why the coaches get the big bucks.

ridiculous point of view..... you obviously have been watching this offense w/ ur eyes closed.

Ryan Williams can throw the ball just fine, it's about competition and may the best man win simple as that.

I do think a lot of the pistol shotgun stuff is because of Morris' injury. He would be under center more if he could move.

Advertisement

I don't think think that sfbaycane watches the games! Reading his posts today... He's lost!

Advertisement
Back