Hearing rumors

Advertisement
I've been thinking about this. If I were Coker I would inquire about Vanderbilt, Stanford, Northwestern or Duke. Two reasons. You would almost be guaranteed to be the starting qb and you could earn a masters degree from a school that really counts on a resume. Not saying that we are not a good school but facts are facts. You also give yourself the best opportunity to go to the league assuming you would be a backup at UM.

He can go any school he wants if graduates. I heard it was a very close battle with winston the whole time and fsu feels coker is a 1st round pick at qb but felt winston was a 1st overall type pick that's why he got the job. I wouldn't mind getting this dude at all.

Advertisement
I've been thinking about this. If I were Coker I would inquire about Vanderbilt, Stanford, Northwestern or Duke. Two reasons. You would almost be guaranteed to be the starting qb and you could earn a masters degree from a school that really counts on a resume. Not saying that we are not a good school but facts are facts. You also give yourself the best opportunity to go to the league assuming you would be a backup at UM.

Wherever he goes, I'm sure he intends on starting two years, regardless if it's Mia or Alabama.

Last edited:

that guy would likely beat out williams. He was in a close battle with winston for the job and williams can't compete with winston.

I wouldn't mind it, Coker is good.

But I'd feel bad for Williams. Transferred here, sat out a year, lost to Morris, improved, waited his turn, only to get jumped by an FSU guy.

Advertisement
Renfrow transferred In conference and we play them.

Anyone know the rule? Can schools block guys thats already graduated?

if you already graduated then NO.

I believe the rule is he would have to be a 5th year senior next year to be able to transfer without sitting.

I thought it was you had to be graduated and the school your going to offers a major that the prior doesn't.

I don't think it matters if you're a fifth year Senior, not positive though.

No. Once you graduate anything goes. He could go to whichever school will take him on.

Advertisement
I wouldn't mind it, Coker is good.

But I'd feel bad for Williams. Transferred here, sat out a year, lost to Morris, improved, waited his turn, only to get jumped by an FSU guy.

Those are the breaks. The Don's duty is to constantly look to upgrade his team, and this dude Coker would fill the bill. If Williams is the team guy and competitor I think he is he'll stick it out and battle.

Miami is looking for a 5th year QB for next year. They don't think Olsen or Williams are ready to take this team to the next level. This is something to watch.

Advertisement
I'd worry more about LSU here
After the turnaround of mettenberg, that QB coach may have bought himself another transfer

I'd worry more about LSU here
After the turnaround of mettenberg, that QB coach may have bought himself another transfer

I think Cam Cameron is out of here next year.. Pretty sure it was understood he wanted back in the NFL when he took the OC job there.

So let me get this straight. He's currently a redshirt sophomore, but if he graduates this year, he'd have 2 years of eligibility next year and not have to sit out a year?

Advertisement
Back