Head Coach Candidates?

Advertisement
The only NFL guy we should be talking to is Urban Meyer.

Some of these NFL suggestions range from dog**** to incompetent to testify.
So Urban has been more successful in the NFL than Dan Quinn & Doug Petersen? They would coach circles around him.

Advertisement
So Urban has been more successful in the NFL than Dan Quinn & Doug Petersen? They would coach circles around him.
We are talking about candidates for a college program. I'm not concerned whether they are better Xs and Os guys at the NFL level.

Meyer would outrecruit them while he's taking a ****.

In my opinion, candidates must have, at a minimum, been a HC, preferably at a power five school, won 10 games in a season. I am willing to bend on the non power school thing but you needed to have at least beaten some big time power five schools.

Mark Richt, who had the referenced experience, was a shell of himself and burned out, yet, he still gave us the best season we’ve had the last 15+ years. We won 10 games, won the Coastal, went to the ACC Championship, beat a top 5 and top 15 team, went to the Orange Bowl and actually had a chance to win that game. I don’t think that is a coincidence. And he did that in year two after having won 9 the previous year and our first bowl win in a decade.

Sure, I get it. Dabo, Kirby Smart etc didn’t have that kind of experience but are we in any position to take on the added risk of dealing with coaches who haven’t proven they can do a good job at this level? I think not.

Manny Diaz led teams play their worst football in the biggest moments, so in my opinion its only a matter of when not if he gets canned and we start to look for a HC. Who would you guys like to see as a possible HC after Diaz? Here is a small list

Clemson OC Tony Elliott
Notre Dame DC Marcus Freeman
Alabama OC Bill O'Brien
Jeremy Chadwell Coastal Carolina HC
Luke Fickell Cincinnati Head Coach
Huge Freeze Liberty HC
Billy Napier ULL Head Coach
Dan Lenning Georgia DC
Jim Leonhard Wisconsin DC
Eric Beinimey Chiefs OC
Joe Brady Carolina Panthers OC
Byron Leftwitch Bucs OC

Any others??
It’s Jamey Chadwell not Jeremy. I like him a lot. His offense at Coastal Carolina is fun to watch. He is building something there.

In my opinion, candidates must have, at a minimum, been a HC, preferably at a power five school, won 10 games in a season. I am willing to bend on the non power school thing but you needed to have at least beaten some big time power five schools.

Mark Richt, who had the referenced experience, was a shell of himself and burned out, yet, he still gave us the best season we’ve had the last 15+ years. We won 10 games, won the Coastal, went to the ACC Championship, beat a top 5 and top 15 team, went to the Orange Bowl and actually had a chance to win that game. I don’t think that is a coincidence. And he did that in year two after having won 9 the previous year and our first bowl win in a decade.

Sure, I get it. Dabo, Kirby Smart etc didn’t have that kind of experience but are we in any position to take on the added risk of dealing with coaches who haven’t proven they can do a good job at this level? I think not.
Dabo, Smart, Day, and Riley. There are 5 elite programs in this country. I just named 4 of the 5 guys who coach those teams.

Advertisement
Y’all just regurgitate the same names every 3 years. How about we focus on guys that have big time experience, proven coaching prowess, and ability to develop guys.

Luke Fickell: coached under Tressel and Meyer at OSU. Proven positional coach and coordinator. Took over a dumpster fire program and almost beat UGA in the sugar bowl. 3 10+ wins at UC.

Jeff Hafley: NFL experience. Coordinator exp at OSU. Currently has BC playing well. Almost beat Clemson year 1. His teams are tough. Starting the year 4-0.

These guys should be in top 3 with Mario.

Honestly, the only candidates that sound realistic are Cristobal & Schiano. Freeze probably would be interested but our athletic department would be terrified to hire him. Chadwell would probably come too but I doubt our interest.

The rest of the candidates aren't trying to come here IMO.
***** to the no on Chimpano!

We are talking about candidates for a college program. I'm not concerned whether they are better Xs and Os guys at the NFL level.

Meyer would outrecruit them while he's taking a ****.
But he may die of a heart attack taking that ****

😂😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all just regurgitate the same names every 3 years. How about we focus on guys that have big time experience, proven coaching prowess, and ability to develop guys.

Luke Fickell: coached under Tressel and Meyer at OSU. Proven positional coach and coordinator. Took over a dumpster fire program and almost beat UGA in the sugar bowl. 3 10+ wins at UC.

Jeff Hafley: NFL experience. Coordinator exp at OSU. Currently has BC playing well. Almost beat Clemson year 1. His teams are tough. Starting the year 4-0.

These guys should be in top 3 with Mario.
I’m not sure either of those are realistic but agree.

No to Peterson. We tried that with richt. And Peterson runs the bro style. I like your other ones tho. Kellen Moore is intriguing
If he brings winning with him who cares what kind of offense he runs. The bro style offense joke became stale and obsolete with this fast tempo without caring about execution offense that Lashlee is running. It’s a bunch of empty plays just to get to a number of snaps without scheming

If he brings winning with him who cares what kind of offense he runs. The bro style offense joke became stale and obsolete with this fast tempo without caring about execution offense that Lashlee is running. It’s a bunch of empty plays just to get to a number of snaps without scheming
Agreed but man you need a line to run that and we haven’t had one in a while. Hard to imagine success

Golden is from the Northeast
And? Miami has failed with Miami Guys, Midwest guys, Miami has failed with a multitude of coaches over the last 2 decades. Get the best coach you can with the budget you have available and give him the resources needed to create a compelling product.

Advertisement
Back