Head Coach Candidates?

Advertisement
Nobody worth their salt wants to deal with the bs that comes with this gig. That’s why when / if manny is hired you’ll head the same names on the “ wish list “.

Plus you have an administration that’s never cared about having a top shelf program. So we’ll likely keeping making bad hires. Until there’s a drastic change of attitude this is what we are. 8-11 win team , that'll recruit in the 10-15 range and need to out talent people to make up for coaching. Ive accepted this awhile ago. You should too.
Every program has the same excuses. So much admin BS, donor BS blah blah blah. I’m not saying it’s not true but it can be overcome.

Advertisement
Yeah, that would make sense. Lol my bad. Leach isn’t the answer. Hugh Freeze if they want to win badly - which they don’t.
Would love Freeze....but the BOT wouldn't even think of considering. Now I have to listen to my wife brag that Liberty has a better coach than th U....FYI....she is an alum from Liberty....

The Tulane coach got a freshman QB to almost beat OU, on the road. Imagine what Manny would have done against OU with Tulane.

I just want a winner, not a politician.

Advertisement
Mullet recruits like ****, if that’s who you are talking about - no thanks.

No, Leach and Kiffin. Two dudes with outsized personalities the AD couldn't handle, which is exactly what is needed. We aren't at a point anymore where we are saying, "if we miss on this coach, the program is dead." I think we are past that now. Miami is an irrelevant CFB program, which to be honest, is the same situation as 99% of the schools in the country. Let's stop worrying about finding the next Tom Herman (who turned out to not be the next Tom Herman) and look for the HC that has shown he can put a defibrillator on Miamis heart and shock us back to life. We need instant juice and credibility, not a first time HC. That might work at Oklahoma where they had a decade of consistency, massive resources, and an OC was given a well oiled machine. Miami doesn't have that foundation.

So far I've been right about Leach and Kiffin, a couple years back, most fans on this site claimed Leach would NEVER get another P5 job after WSU because he was a clown. I said that in coaching circles, other coaches have a huge amount of respect for Leach because he is one of the best in the country when it comes to doing more with less, and some smart school would take a chance.

Likewise, I still laugh at how many posters that said Kiffin would end his career at FAU and he'd never sniff another P5 job. I can't think of a better match in terms of personality and school than Lane Kiffin at Miami.

I realize that for most fans, their wet dream is Mario Cristobal. I certainly think he would be an upgrade over Diaz but I'm sick of mediocrity. Give me the boom or bust HC like Leach or Kiffin. Id rather see us go out in a blaze of glory rather than withering away.

No, Leach and Kiffin. Two dudes with outsized personalities the AD couldn't handle, which is exactly what is needed. We aren't at a point anymore where we are saying, "if we miss on this coach, the program is dead." I think we are past that now. Miami is an irrelevant CFB program, which to be honest, is the same situation as 99% of the schools in the country. Let's stop worrying about finding the next Tom Herman (who turned out to not be the next Tom Herman) and look for the HC that has shown he can put a defibrillator on Miamis heart and shock us back to life. We need instant juice and credibility, not a first time HC. That might work at Oklahoma where they had a decade of consistency, massive resources, and an OC was given a well oiled machine. Miami doesn't have that foundation.

So far I've been right about Leach and Kiffin, a couple years back, most fans on this site claimed Leach would NEVER get another P5 job after WSU because he was a clown. I said that in coaching circles, other coaches have a huge amount of respect for Leach because he is one of the best in the country when it comes to doing more with less, and some smart school would take a chance.

Likewise, I still laugh at how many posters that said Kiffin would end his career at FAU and he'd never sniff another P5 job. I can't think of a better match in terms of personality and school than Lane Kiffin at Miami.

I realize that for most fans, their wet dream is Mario Cristobal. I certainly think he would be an upgrade over Diaz but I'm sick of mediocrity. Give me the boom or bust HC like Leach or Kiffin. Id rather see us go out in a blaze of glory rather than withering away.
Hugh Freeze. If we’re gonna do it. - do it 110%.

Cross of Bienemy, O'Brien, Brady, and Leftwich. O'Brien is temporarily at Bama until a HC position reopens in the NFL. Texans FO is a joke and O'Brien took Houston to playoffs 4 times and won the AFC south each time. The other three are HC's in waiting.

As long as Blake James in house, you can pretty much cancel out any coordinator from an elite program. Not happening. His biggest profile hire, and I love him as an alum and good dude, was Richt. He was also coming off being fired from a job and had one foot in the door for retirement.
O’Brien was the GM of that joke of a Texans FO. He is to blame for a lot of the Texans issues. He is a very good coach now and I would love to have him

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was pondering that. He recruits dirty and likes ****y bars. Also seems like a good fit for Miami.
See it works like money laundering. That was the old Hugh Freeze. But he’s been laundered through Liberty University and now he’s all cleaned up and good to go for us.

We neee a older coach who has either been a HC before at a major University or NFL coordinator who is used to dealing with grown men. Also its not even close to happening. The BOTs dont care enough

To be fair Leadh got hired by Miss State

Advertisement
Hugh Freeze. If we’re gonna do it. - do it 110%.

In all seriousness, I think the most underrated coach in CFB is Brian Kelly. The school admin put academics WAY in front of football and they are strict with players and recruits meeting academic standards. Yet ND consistently fields competitive teams. Believe it or not, they only had one more 5 star on the roster than Miami last year and obliterated the ACC. The scenario I am hoping comes together is that Urban Meyer flops at Jacksonville in the next two years (early returns are that pro players hate him and he should stuck with CFB). ND fans get greedy and think they can upgrade over Kelly because he hasn't won them a championship. Meyer has made it crystal clear he will only return to cfb to coach ND. Meyer pulls a Saban, leaves J-Ville, and then ND lets Kelly walk to get Meyer. I pray that Miami is smart enough to throw everything they have at Kelly to reel him in if he hits the open market.

Manny Diaz led teams play their worst football in the biggest moments, so in my opinion its only a matter of when not if he gets canned and we start to look for a HC. Who would you guys like to see as a possible HC after Diaz? Here is a small list

Clemson OC Tony Elliott
Notre Dame DC Marcus Freeman
Alabama OC Bill O'Brien
Jeremy Chadwell Coastal Carolina HC
Luke Fickell Cincinnati Head Coach
Huge Freeze Liberty HC
Billy Napier ULL Head Coach
Dan Lenning Georgia DC
Jim Leonhard Wisconsin DC
Eric Beinimey Chiefs OC
Joe Brady Carolina Panthers OC
Byron Leftwitch Bucs OC

Any

kyle withinham
Guz malzhan
Neal brown
Chris petersen

OP is fokyn right. It’s not about losing, it’s about how unprepared, underwhelmed from a schematic standpoint and under coached we are. I will say though, S&C is on point. Canes players looked the part.

I think we need to bring in a no nonsense coach who will ride these players. I’m thinking Marrone or Bielema. Both have won in college, both are known for being hard on their players and both are actually good coaches.
Byelema????

Advertisement
Back