He’s being thorough

Listen, I could appreciate this if it were three weeks since he has been on the job. All this "you guys are being pu$$ies" "take your tampons out" rah rah bullshyt is played out. You're delusional if you think this process is normal. It has never taken Saban, Riley, Urban, Dabo or any other elite coach to fill out the majority of their staff like it has Mario. I don't want to speculate too much but clearly something is off in terms of getting coaches to work for him. The fans have a right to be concerned when over the past two weeks we are losing more coaches than we have been adding. It may work out in the end and that is my sincere hope but to pretend like he isn't embarrassing himself right now with either his indecision or arrogance is foolish.
He didn’t finish his Oregon staff until a month after signing day. If you were asking for Mario then this is what you asked for.

If his staff sucks then you’ll have plenty of reason to complain. If we’re sitting with stud Coordinators next month nobody will remember this

Advertisement
Please stop with this nonsense, fact is Mario is having trouble filling his staff (and keeping them for that matter). Guess he wasn’t so “thorough” when vetting T-Rob and McClendon :noidea:
Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

It's just hilarious that we can't try to take Corey Raymond from UF but I guess we have too much class for that. I'm ****ed about Bmac but I saw it coming as soon as UGA started sniffing around.

Get this staff built right and nobody will care. Hire corches and this board will melt down. C'mon Mario. You can do this.

GTFOH with “let’s see how this plays out”, whats going to play out is he’s going to make some unspectacular hires with the program offering the most resources EVER! There’s no grand scheme FFS. Stop trying to sugar coat it. Pull Stewart, Plyburn and Moten and I’ll STFU. Until then…

Advertisement
GTFOH with “let’s see how this plays out”, whats going to play out is he’s going to make some unspectacular hires with the program offering the most resources EVER! There’s no grand scheme FFS. Stop trying to sugar coat it. Pull Stewart, Plyburn and Moten and I’ll STFU. Until then…
Man, you’re absolutely right. Should have never hired Mario. Then we’d really have a shot at Stewart, Pluburn, and Moten

You seriously think that Stewart is coming? We can't even hold on to position coaches and we can't hire coordinators.

Not a huge poster it I’m always reading the site for info.

My worries are that you can’t find an OC with VanDyke in the barn 🤔. Im begging to wonder if Mario is over thinking it a bit. **** there’s got to be guys interested in making a name and know they can do it at Miami.

Is Mario to controlling and the candidate’s don’t want to work for him??

Who knows but whether we agree or not the dumb media is going to make this an issue unless solved real quick. Optics are everything in todays day with kids.

Advertisement
Sunshine pumpers and mopes can agree that we aren’t getting (keeping) the guys we want. We have hired a handful of coached and we weren’t able to retain two of them for more than a month~. I doubt Mario planned on losing two dudes before February.

Will this affect our overall quality once the staff is set? Not necessarily. Does this allow us to shuffle things around for better coordinators if Trob and Bmac didn’t leave? Maybe.

Is what is happening unprecedented? Idk—I haven’t experienced this as a Canes fan. Does it feel like Mario is losing battles with the big boys? Yes. Does it feel like it’s an indication of losing future battles to Bama and Georgia? Maybe. Those programs have been coming down here for years taking whatever they want. Now they’re taking our coaches.

At the end of the day, this is the reality right now. Those dudes who ditched us can go **** themselves. They’re on the other side now. All what we can do is what we can do right now. I’m sure Mario will make something happen. When does the tide turn? We obviously have their attention. They even sent out a fake news hit piece calling Mario a racist. It’s quite obviously a coordinated attack.

Does Mario and company respond harshly? I think they will.

lmao at the recruiting noops. Stewart doesn’t have UM remotely in the picture if Mario isn’t here and plyburn was never coming if UF got involved. Noobs

Advertisement
He didn’t finish his Oregon staff until a month after signing day. If you were asking for Mario then this is what you asked for.

If his staff sucks then you’ll have plenty of reason to complain. If we’re sitting with stud Coordinators next month nobody will remember this
As long as he doesn’t hire arroyo lol

Advertisement
Sunshine pumpers and mopes can agree that we aren’t getting (keeping) the guys we want. We have hired a handful of coached and we weren’t able to retain two of them for more than a month~. I doubt Mario planned on losing two dudes before February.

Will this affect our overall quality once the staff is set? Not necessarily. Does this allow us to shuffle things around for better coordinators if Trob and Bmac didn’t leave? Maybe.

Is what is happening unprecedented? Idk—I haven’t experienced this as a Canes fan. Does it feel like Mario is losing battles with the big boys? Yes. Does it feel like it’s an indication of losing future battles to Bama and Georgia? Maybe. Those programs have been coming down here for years taking whatever they want. Now they’re taking our coaches.

At the end of the day, this is the reality right now. Those dudes who ditched us can go **** themselves. They’re on the other side now. All what we can do is what we can do right now. I’m sure Mario will make something happen. When does the tide turn? We obviously have their attention. They even sent out a fake news hit piece calling Mario a racist. It’s quite obviously a coordinated attack.

Does Mario and company respond harshly? I think they will.
Good post.

This sums up my feelings. I'm still riding proud and dirty on the Mario bandwagon. I still believe we will recruit against the big boys because Mario is a monster recruiter as a HC. Not sure anybody is better. But, he is losing battles with the staff. There is no way to sugarcoat it. He needs a few dubs.

Good post.

This sums up my feelings. I'm still riding proud and dirty on the Mario bandwagon. I still believe we will recruit against the big boys because Mario is a monster recruiter as a HC. Not sure anybody is better. But, he is losing battles with the staff. There is no way to sugarcoat it. He needs a few dubs.
We know his strengths and weaknesses. Those won’t change. He’s an elite recruiter and has proven to be a good ceo at Oregon. He isn’t a game day coach so his oc and dc hires are key. I will never worry about recruiting w him tho.

Huh??

I’m saying we have nothing to be excited about right now. The last few weeks have been a nightmare.

Losing B-Mac sucks, but if I had a thread I could go to talking up our new OC or DC hire, it would soften the blow.
I thought Mario was supposed to win next season not create January excitement

Advertisement
Back