Hayden Wolff, QB

Advertisement
When u say Ryan Finley are u referring to NC State’s QB...the one projected to go in the 1st or 2nd round of the NFL draft? If you’re comparing Wolff to that Ryan Finley then he is definitely worthy of an offer...
"His ceiling is Ryan Finley to me"

The team I volunteered for only played one game against him but we got five games of film on him. He has a good high school arm but he never read a defense. He took pre reads to decide who was gonna be open. If his first read wasnt there had either force it or scrambled. He can make some good intermediate throws and has some nice touch but you really won't see him throw a field comeback, dont think he has a strong arm. Accuracy is pretty nice in the middle or up the seam. Overall I dont think he should be a Miami offer, hes someone I see being G5 maybe a low end p5 offer player. His ceiling is Ryan Finley to me, which isn't bad but he has to learn to not panic and to not trust his first read. If he really takes the mental prep seriously he could be a good starter.
You say all those knocks on him and then you say his ceiling is one of the best QBs in college football this year and a projected 1st rounder?

Yes. Bama always signs a highly rated QB. UGA just signed 3 consecutive 5 star QBs each of the last 3 cycles.

Yeah, and for 30 years before that, they signed a bunch of stiffs. They are getting a couple of good QBs now because they have a bunch of recent national championships, but before these three recent recruits, the last decent quarterbacks that Alabama produced were Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler.

Seriously, this 1968 guy just pops up every once in a while to be a contrarian, and then he disappears again. His posts are clueless and worthless.

Advertisement
Yeah, and for 30 years before that, they signed a bunch of stiffs. They are getting a couple of good QBs now because they have a bunch of recent national championships, but before these three recent recruits, the last decent quarterbacks that Alabama produced were Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler.

Seriously, this 1968 guy just pops up every once in a while to be a contrarian, and then he disappears again. His posts are clueless and worthless.

They still have gotten stiffs. The samoan kid is the only one worth a **** ifg you wanna count AJ Mccarron. They win despite their qb

Lol @ Kentucky if we turn the heat up on this kid. Serious question though....has Dee ever eaten macaroni with his uncle?

We snagged Jarren Williams and another recruit. I forget his name. Kentucky fans are fuming they dont have a better passer right now.

Interesting thing is that this class is thought of as notoriously bad nationally. This is a rough year to be coming onto anyone with a pulse so late in the game.

Advertisement
You say all those knocks on him and then you say his ceiling is one of the best QBs in college football this year and a projected 1st rounder?

I dont think Finley is as good as you think. Here his ceiling to me is Chad Pennington after shoulder surgery. This is if he becomes a mastermind of the game which just isnt very common and not many QBs are even quick enough mentally to do some of the things that those guys do. His ceiling is any QB who has a high level knowledge of the game with a weak arm.

Wolff made some dynamic plays against a good Braden River team last week. 28-21 playoff win for Venice.

Verified 6'5, 217 with multi-sport background.

Hayden Wolff is currently on an OV to Georgia with his family. No offer yet but interesting. If he doesn't sign early, I continue to believe Miami should take a hard look:

Sorry, pal. Mark Richt knows what a Miami quality player looks like and this guy just ain't up to snuff.

He's got better things to do than look at film of this guy...like looking at App State's commitment list and seeing who he can poach next.

Maybe you should use these eval skillz of yours @DMoney and put them into a more relevant prospect.

Evan Conley of Kell HS in Marietta, Georgia.

Advertisement
Sorry, pal. Mark Richt knows what a Miami quality player looks like and this guy just ain't up to snuff.

He's got better things to do than look at film of this guy...like looking at App State's commitment list and seeing who he can poach next.

Maybe you should use these eval skillz of yours @DMoney and put them into a more relevant prospect.

Evan Conley of Kell HS in Marietta, Georgia.

There's no shame in taking an App State prospect, they have reached a pretty strong level under Satterfield.

Has anybody out in SWFL actually seen this guy play? I've only seen him in camps so I'm curious to hear opinions.

I coached against him when I was at Southeast and he was at Lemon Bay.
Kid can freakin' spin it. And he always knows where to go with the ball. (First trait that I look for in a QB. Means he understands coverages)

When we were in zone he picked us apart. Fortunately he was throwing to some of the worst skill players you'll ever find in high school football, so we adjusted and played press/man on the outside and he didn't have anywhere to throw for the rest of the game.
He still tried and made some nicely placed throws but his skill kids simply weren't good enough to get separation and make the catches.
He had us a little scared in the first quarter though. LOL
He was killin' us with nicely timed hitch routes and deep comebacks.

Advertisement
If we're looking for a lower rated QB then I'd be okay with looking at Wolff or Jessie Rivera.

Hayden Wolff is currently on an OV to Georgia with his family. No offer yet but interesting. If he doesn't sign early, I continue to believe Miami should take a hard look:

Are we looking at Wolff at all? He does a god job of throwing to recievers who don't have separation where only they can get the ball based off that clip. Throwing the football he looks a bit like Kaaya to me. If he has the intangibles Kaaya seemed to lack, this is the type of kid we should be chasing this cycle. He looks like he can effectively get the football to playmakers. ****, if he's good enough to OV at UGA, he's good enough for a Hail Mary, last minute, missed out on all the top QB recruits offer from us.

Advertisement
Back