Hayden Wolff, QB

Advertisement
We don't need an immediate starter next year. We need a kid who is cool with sitting behind Kosi/Jarren the next 3 years and can be developed into an emergency QB if needed

We don't need an immediate starter next year. We need a kid who is cool with sitting behind Kosi/Jarren the next 3 years and can be developed into an emergency QB if needed

No, we need another stud. Stack chips. There is no guarantee that Kosi or Jarren is going to work out. Or, maybe Kosi explodes, locks down the starting spot and Jarren transfers. We need to sign a high quality QB every cycle just like Bama, Clemson, UGA, etc.

Advertisement
You my boy dmoney but your qb evals are almost like valids. He had olsen and w weldon who i knew would never play here

Ill watch the film when i get home

No, we need another stud. Stack chips. There is no guarantee that Kosi or Jarren is going to work out. Or, maybe Kosi explodes, locks down the starting spot and Jarren transfers. We need to sign a high quality QB every cycle just like Bama, Clemson, UGA, etc.

Bama does?. UGA?

Has anybody out in SWFL actually seen this guy play? I've only seen him in camps so I'm curious to hear opinions.

Advertisement
You can do what Bama, UGA Clemson does and take 4-5 star qbs every year but they'll leave, some years you just need to take a 3 star that fits your system or an athlete at QB that you think can come into a game when needed and manage

Aim higher. Almost a scary resemblance to Shirreffs from a physical and offer standpoint.

I’d take a smaller guy who has a good arm and dominates HS competition but doesn’t have great offers because of his lack of size. I’d take a look at QB commits from programs that typically sign good QBs who develop like Toledo.

Advertisement
Gonna be real with ya...yours arent exactly stellar either my brotha. We are all amateurs here.
Hey I called Perry the minute I saw his film, u cant make a half hour long highlight tape out of nothing. But your right we all wrong and will be 100 times more wrong in the future.........u can check my Perry film on YT I was on point with that one. Only one but I'll take it lol

Aim higher. Almost a scary resemblance to Shirreffs from a physical and offer standpoint.

I’d take a smaller guy who has a good arm and dominates HS competition but doesn’t have great offers because of his lack of size. I’d take a look at QB commits from programs that typically sign good QBs who develop like Toledo.
Agreed. Gimme the 6-1 kid who is a state champion, accurate as ****, and a proven leader. Guy will come in with a chip on his shoulder and at the very least push the other guys.

Has anybody out in SWFL actually seen this guy play? I've only seen him in camps so I'm curious to hear opinions.
The team I volunteered for only played one game against him but we got five games of film on him. He has a good high school arm but he never read a defense. He took pre reads to decide who was gonna be open. If his first read wasnt there had either force it or scrambled. He can make some good intermediate throws and has some nice touch but you really won't see him throw a field comeback, dont think he has a strong arm. Accuracy is pretty nice in the middle or up the seam. Overall I dont think he should be a Miami offer, hes someone I see being G5 maybe a low end p5 offer player. His ceiling is Ryan Finley to me, which isn't bad but he has to learn to not panic and to not trust his first read. If he really takes the mental prep seriously he could be a good starter.

Advertisement
Transfer this to the staff. Shadow whoever Houston, Texas Tech, Washington St, etc are after. Add Cal as well. These teams win nothing but year after year they have found QBs no one was recruiting and turn them into serviceable QBs. If they could ever get some defensive talent they may make noise.

The team I volunteered for only played one game against him but we got five games of film on him. He has a good high school arm but he never read a defense. He took pre reads to decide who was gonna be open. If his first read wasnt there had either force it or scrambled. He can make some good intermediate throws and has some nice touch but you really won't see him throw a field comeback, dont think he has a strong arm. Accuracy is pretty nice in the middle or up the seam. Overall I dont think he should be a Miami offer, hes someone I see being G5 maybe a low end p5 offer player. His ceiling is Ryan Finley to me, which isn't bad but he has to learn to not panic and to not trust his first read. If he really takes the mental prep seriously he could be a good starter.

When u say Ryan Finley are u referring to NC State’s QB...the one projected to go in the 1st or 2nd round of the NFL draft? If you’re comparing Wolff to that Ryan Finley then he is definitely worthy of an offer...

His tape is very good. If you told me he was a 3 or 4 star QB, I wouldn't have known the difference. He is a skinny white dude with an average arm and good accuracy sounds like Dorsey to me (ducks). I like him better than the FSU qb commit that is wavering. I would have no issue with offering him.

Yes. Bama always signs a highly rated QB. UGA just signed 3 consecutive 5 star QBs each of the last 3 cycles.

they are 5 star because of a bama offer. They have like one qb on roster better than rosier. uga is a new thing but i get your drift. In like the last decade i cant even remember a bama qb i would want

Advertisement
Back