Hate it or Love it ---

Advertisement
We 100% give playing time based on seniority. Anyone who says otherwise is blind or dumb, or both. Ragone plays a million snaps....Jennings is a step slow...mcloud is lost. Ragone sucks it’s over face it. Same with Ivey, stop playing them and let the youngsters with upside and talent play. Here’s how it works...the older guys play a bunch stink up the joint to the point the staff has to play the younger guys. But they haven’t gotten any experience because the older less talented guys got all the snaps. The young guys make a mistake because they haven’t been playing and here comes the older less talented players once again. rinse fckng repeat.
Last season we started a freshman at both OT spots and QB. Jordan, Mallory and Wiggins were sophomores, same with Gaynor. Blades, Hall, Frierson and Ivey were second year players too.

We play plenty of young guys.

You could tell by high school tape that Ivey wasn't going to be ****. We fall in love with profiles more than any program ever. He's 6'2? Sign him up! He's terrible. He was supposed to be dripping with tools and upside and all he needed was to be coached up by Rumph... oops. Blades' ceiling is an average corner. He does nothing well and he gets beat regularly too. I don't understand the infatuation with either of these players by the coaches. If only we had talent waiting in the wings because we recruited top end corner talent... oh yea. Our CB coach doesn't do that. Instead, we took several MORE projects for a coach that can't turn projects into stars. Our CB room is beyond suspect. If I'm a QB, I'm picking on Ivey every chance I get and when they roll help to his side, I'm finding Blades. No question

Last season we started a freshman at both OT spots and QB. Jordan, Mallory and Wiggins were sophomores, same with Gaynor. Blades, Hall, Frierson and Ivey were second year players too.

We play plenty of young guys.
We play them when we have no choice. There are no older options at all. Look at the guys you named. Who were the older players on the depth? The only one that sticks out is Nelson. It’s a pattern. It’s quite noticeable.

We play them when we have no choice. There are no older options at all. Look at the guys you named. Who were the older players on the depth? The only one that sticks out is Nelson. It’s a pattern. It’s quite noticeable.

It’s a pattern everywhere. Very difficult to unseat older, more experienced players in any program. They’re usually more developed physically and understand scheme and coaching far better overall.

Advertisement
Someone point me to the plays Blades **** the bed at??

I know Ivey was fuggging awful and needs to be benched for Williams or couch ASAP

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Fair but I remember similar things said about Jaquan Johnson

JJ took a major leap his junior season and finished with an amazing career

Advertisement
Back