Hate it or Love it ---

TouchMoney26

Presidente del U
Blades and Ivey -- will not even be CBs that get drafted. So for any fan to claim blades is good, is OBV wrong ---Watched him all game ..blades.... and OBV ivey was worse today but just very poor in every aspect - hustle- talent- CB coaching...not looking good.

Oline -- sad performance-- cant dominate vs UAB --- Loosing hope in them -- cant even explain the problems with them-

Our best dbs are Bubba and hall and we need to get them around the ball more somehow

thoughts on playcalling would be much better -- not falling for the excuse to not show the playbook...well see

NO idea why FEW is playing over our freshman ---also the linebacker - dont even know his name but is playing over flag--btw flag LIT somebody up on special teams - He moved super well- PLAY HIM --- patrick joyner is just a walking bench player that will never get PT? ---- Huff not getting ANY PT ? doesnt make sense --- still the same OLD BULL****

Although i am happy we have captains for the whole season and not switching every game

P.S Rumph needs to start teaching all new ***** cuz this is really embarrassing - Mayb blades should just go be an actor -- buddy ran him over in a open field tackle so sad-- so soft --- its so sad to see that-- oh ya this game was verse UAB lol THIS SUCKS

Advertisement
Blades and Ivey -- will not even be CBs that get drafted. So for any fan to claim blades is good, is OBV wrong ---Watched him all game ..blades.... and OBV ivey was worse today but just very poor in every aspect - hustle- talent- CB coaching...not looking good.

Oline -- sad performance-- cant dominate vs UAB --- Loosing hope in them -- cant even explain the problems with them-

Our best dbs are Bubba and hall and we need to get them around the ball more somehow

thoughts on playcalling would be much better -- not falling for the excuse to not show the playbook...well see

NO idea why FEW is playing over our freshman ---also the linebacker - dont even know his name but is playing over flag--btw flag LIT somebody up on special teams - He moved super well- PLAY HIM --- patrick joyner is just a walking bench player that will never get PT? ---- Huff not getting ANY PT ? doesnt make sense --- still the same OLD BULL****

Although i am happy we have captains for the whole season and not switching every game

P.S Rumph needs to start teaching all new ***** cuz this is really embarrassing - Mayb blades should just go be an actor -- buddy ran him over in a open field tackle so sad-- so soft --- its so sad to see that-- oh ya this game was verse UAB lol THIS SUCKS
100% Spot On...End of F-ing Story....Embarrassing...and not to agree is just being disingenuous....

I do also disagree with the mindset that we should always have the most experienced players at the top of the depth chart.

We had to play Knighton and Chaney @ RB because there was no one else... and look what they did tonight. Both impressed with good patience, vision and burst. If Harris is an out against Louisville, I have no problem playing these two.

In general, if the defense gets stops and the offense starts to move the ball in that tempo, the opposition gets gassed in a heartbeat. Missed tackles, pass rush gets slower, mental errors start happening. We didnt have a lot of penalties in this game, thats a plus.

WR REALLY needs new faces... Payton needs to play on the outside, he was praised all preseason and now he is not starting but Pope is... I have lost all hope with Pope, he should be explosive given his size and he just isnt. I dont even know what happened to him but he is not even close to being the player he was coming out of HS. Restrepo was praised - does not play. Dont understand it.

We had freshmen contributing to our offense in the past on some occasions. Dont need to mention Ahmmon Richards. Jeff Thomas became our deep threat and showed his ability there. Brevin Jordan balled out as a freshman. The experiences ones dont work out that well, let the young bucks play more.

O-Line had its good and bad moments. Could have been better, could have been a whole lot worse. Playcalling certainly made their job not easier - if my *** knows what play is coming, they know whats coming for sure. Playcalling was very good for those two TD drives, got King out to throw and targeted Jordan. Design on that TD throw was also nice to see.

And Ivey needs to get his stuff together for obvious reasons. He doesnt get burned, but his on-field awareness is at times not present.

The only thing I respectfully disagree with is "We just played UAB". UAB battled against a ranked App State team (that beat NC btw) last season and played some very good defense in 2019. Returned a lot of starters and it showed. Their scheme is also interesting - 3 true defensive tackles and let the linebackers fly around. Not easy to play against. We still had 31 points through three quarters, so thats a positive on the numbers board. We had zero against LA Tech and we didnt even sniff the red zone in that game. UAB also having played a game already does matter to some extent.

Lets see how Louisville plays against WKU. Would be very surprised if they look polished.

Here are my couch potato/arm chair quarterback thoughts about the game:

QB - King is the goods. Only negative was his deep throws and his missed TD pass. Both, I believe are correctable. He is a dynamic player and will be the best player on the field in almost every game he plays, barring Clemson. Grade for this game = A

RB - Very good group. We knew about Cam and his abilities - but Rooster and Chaney were equally impressive. Both were illusive and got to the second level multiple times. Hoping for the best on Cam's knee. Grade for this game = A

WR - Not impressed at all with this group. Same thing as last year. No separation and no explosion. Grade for this game = C-

TE - Not utilized as much. 2 nice plays to Brevin. Talent is there. Grade for the game = B+

OL - Same as the the WR - no apparent improvement from last year. Run blocking was good, however, pass blocking was atrocious. King had to run for his life multiple times. If this group couldn't perform adequately against UAB - then there is not much to look forward to this season. Grade for this game = C-

DL - Impressed with this group. Roche and Phillips were both good off the edge, and Nesta and Ford played good games in the middle. Grade for this game = B+

LB - They were average. Nothing stood out too much. Need to see more. Grade for this game = C

DB - Ivey was a disaster. His performance brought down the whole group. Grade for this game = C

Kicking - Big improvement from last year. Grade = A

Advertisement
Here are my couch potato/arm chair quarterback thoughts about the game:

QB - King is the goods. Only negative was his deep throws and his missed TD pass. Both, I believe are correctable. He is a dynamic player and will be the best player on the field in almost every game he plays, barring Clemson. Grade for this game = A

RB - Very good group. We knew about Cam and his abilities - but Rooster and Chaney were equally impressive. Both were illusive and got to the second level multiple times. Hoping for the best on Cam's knee. Grade for this game = A

WR - Not impressed at all with this group. Same thing as last year. No separation and no explosion. Grade for this game = C-

TE - Not utilized as much. 2 nice plays to Brevin. Talent is there. Grade for the game = B+

OL - Same as the the WR - no apparent improvement from last year. Run blocking was good, however, pass blocking was atrocious. King had to run for his life multiple times. If this group couldn't perform adequately against UAB - then there is not much to look forward to this season. Grade for this game = C-

DL - Impressed with this group. Roche and Phillips were both good off the edge, and Nesta and Ford played good games in the middle. Grade for this game = B+

LB - They were average. Nothing stood out too much. Need to see more. Grade for this game = C

DB - Ivey was a disaster. His performance brought down the whole group. Grade for this game = C

Kicking - Big improvement from last year. Grade = A
Are these grades on a curve? Sheesh.

Advertisement
Ivey is why grading players in high school is so hard. He’s tall, long, strong and can run.
but when the ball is in the air he is lost.
At least Blades made a play on the ball on the sideline.

bolden and hall had little to do in a game where the team throws short all game long. UAB’s play calling basically took the safeties out of the game.

Oline was much better than last year. UAB got pressure on King by blitzing, not by rushing 4 and just beating the o-line like we saw last year. And run blocking itself is hard when every run is just an inside zone read. But this group had veterans and they understand how to play their positions much better than last year. if the run plays become more varied you will see an even better performance by the o-line.

I'm guessing Few played over the others because he earned it. Do you want competition or not? If the freshmen can't beat him out, why would you reward them with playing time? You can tell the WRs aren't that good, so it's not shocking that Few is getting burn over the other guys.
He did not earn it per source- Seniority ONE hundred percent SENIORITY

I do also disagree with the mindset that we should always have the most experienced players at the top of the depth chart.

We had to play Knighton and Chaney @ RB because there was no one else... and look what they did tonight. Both impressed with good patience, vision and burst. If Harris is an out against Louisville, I have no problem playing these two.

In general, if the defense gets stops and the offense starts to move the ball in that tempo, the opposition gets gassed in a heartbeat. Missed tackles, pass rush gets slower, mental errors start happening. We didnt have a lot of penalties in this game, thats a plus.

WR REALLY needs new faces... Payton needs to play on the outside, he was praised all preseason and now he is not starting but Pope is... I have lost all hope with Pope, he should be explosive given his size and he just isnt. I dont even know what happened to him but he is not even close to being the player he was coming out of HS. Restrepo was praised - does not play. Dont understand it.

We had freshmen contributing to our offense in the past on some occasions. Dont need to mention Ahmmon Richards. Jeff Thomas became our deep threat and showed his ability there. Brevin Jordan balled out as a freshman. The experiences ones dont work out that well, let the young bucks play more.

O-Line had its good and bad moments. Could have been better, could have been a whole lot worse. Playcalling certainly made their job not easier - if my *** knows what play is coming, they know whats coming for sure. Playcalling was very good for those two TD drives, got King out to throw and targeted Jordan. Design on that TD throw was also nice to see.

And Ivey needs to get his stuff together for obvious reasons. He doesnt get burned, but his on-field awareness is at times not present.

The only thing I respectfully disagree with is "We just played UAB". UAB battled against a ranked App State team (that beat NC btw) last season and played some very good defense in 2019. Returned a lot of starters and it showed. Their scheme is also interesting - 3 true defensive tackles and let the linebackers fly around. Not easy to play against. We still had 31 points through three quarters, so thats a positive on the numbers board. We had zero against LA Tech and we didnt even sniff the red zone in that game. UAB also having played a game already does matter to some extent.

Lets see how Louisville plays against WKU. Would be very surprised if they look polished.
Miami vs UAB i dont care who UAB plays or if they are good or not---- We are The U .... these conversations should never even be brought up ever lol Blades and Ivey are trashhhhh

Advertisement
Hard to argue lol. I stand corrected, sir.
Ivey and blades both get a F and need to go back to highschool... BLADES DIDNT EVEN START IN HIGH SCHOOL --- COME ONNNN

BTW why does TC still look like a freshy? kid looks the same as last year -- how is he not gaining weight --- that goes for pope and wiggins etc WE LOOK SMALLLLLL -- DAM IM ****ED

Ivey is why grading players in high school is so hard. He’s tall, long, strong and can run.
but when the ball is in the air he is lost.
At least Blades made a play on the ball on the sideline.

bolden and hall had little to do in a game where the team throws short all game long. UAB’s play calling basically took the safeties out of the game.

Oline was much better than last year. UAB got pressure on King by blitzing, not by rushing 4 and just beating the o-line like we saw last year. And run blocking itself is hard when every run is just an inside zone read. But this group had veterans and they understand how to play their positions much better than last year. if the run plays become more varied you will see an even better performance by the o-line.
BLADES MADE ONE OR TWO PLAYS LMAO ---- THEY ATTACKED HIM THE WHOLE FIRST HALF AND HE SUCKS HE GOT RAN OVER , COULDNT EVEN TACKLE AND HE JOGS ON PLAYS --- WE JUST ARENT MEAN---- BLADES IS TOO SOFT -- IVEY TOO SOFT --- NOBODY PLAYS W ANGER BESDIES NESTA PHILLIPS AND ROCHE ----- FLAG LOOKED GOOD ON SPECIAL TEAMS BUT WE PLAY A WALK ON OVER HIM WWWWWTTTTTTFFFFFFF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back