Has Dee Delaney destroyed his NFL dreams by coming to Miami?

Advertisement
I've sat close to field level for both home games and have been focusing ALOT on Delaney.

I'm sorry...but he's garbage. Any receiver with decent quickness give him problems. In all honesty he looks like the kind of guy who would be more useful matched up against possession receivers or good receiving Tight Ends. He has the size to match up with those kinds of dudes....but he has a serious lack of lateral quickness.

We're only two games in but some of the areas we all thought were going to be a problem, particularly from a depth standpoint, actually look pretty good (TE, RB, QB, and OL). Meanwhile, two areas we thought we were good at (secondary and D-Line) have seriously disappointed. I'm less worried about the D-Line than I am about the secondary...but we have a SERIOUS lack of talent at the cornerback position right now. It's easily going to be our biggest issue this season.
I think are Dline looks great. Our secondary are the ones not playing that well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We've had a kind of ridiculous number of NFL rostered defensive backs of recent vintage despite having a generally, ****ty defense...many have gone undrafted, yet still made rosters.

NFL teams, even if he goes undrafted, will find some value in him and find a spot for him, but clearly, here, he stinks.

I've sat close to field level for both home games and have been focusing ALOT on Delaney.

I'm sorry...but he's garbage. Any receiver with decent quickness give him problems. In all honesty he looks like the kind of guy who would be more useful matched up against possession receivers or good receiving Tight Ends. He has the size to match up with those kinds of dudes....but he has a serious lack of lateral quickness.

We're only two games in but some of the areas we all thought were going to be a problem, particularly from a depth standpoint, actually look pretty good (TE, RB, QB, and OL). Meanwhile, two areas we thought we were good at (secondary and D-Line) have seriously disappointed. I'm less worried about the D-Line than I am about the secondary...but we have a SERIOUS lack of talent at the cornerback position right now. It's easily going to be our biggest issue this season.
I think are Dline looks great. Our secondary are the ones not playing that well.

Man I don't know, given the 2 teams we've played I expected to see more pressure from the front four. It appears to me alot of our pressure has come on downs where we've blitzed.

But yeah...secondary is a much bigger concern. Actually secondary is the BIGGEST concern on the team right now.

Advertisement
He's big enough to press cover but looks afraid to make any contact. I think he could be serviceable if he would make the wr's work to get by him.

The **** of it is that if you need a first down you find him and throw at him.Unless the WR he's covering drops the ball it's gonna be a first down..

I don’t care about his NFL chance he shouldn’t get another chance on this team. Him being on the field with lose us games.

What? The dl has been fine. What hasn't been is the secondary. We lost 4 nfl players in the secondary. Shouldn't have been all that surprising.

Advertisement

What? The dl has been fine. What hasn't been is the secondary. We lost 4 nfl players in the secondary. Shouldn't have been all that surprising.

Disagree. A lot of our pressure seems to come when we blitz. The ability to get pressure with just the front 4 is what separates the truly good defenses from the rest. I haven't seen as much pressure when we rush 4 as I thought we were going to see. Season is still young so hopefully this improves/changes. As I mentioned in another thread I'm ALOT less worried about the D-Line than I am about the secondary. The secondary is easily the worst unit on this team right now and is pretty lacking in the talent department.

He was replaced at some point in the 2nd half by Bandy and only came in when they went 3 wide after that. I believe the coaches see what we see.

After two games, yes. He'd better get things right in a hurry or not only will he not get drafted, but he might not get invited to try out. He's been the biggest disappointment in recent memory. He looks like ME out there.

If this is in fact his game, he would have gotten exposed pretty badly at the combine/workouts.

Hard to believe he could be so badly evaluated, even at the Citadel.

Something's up-- failed evaluation (e.g. like no film evaluation at all) or he's pressing terribly.

Advertisement
According to draft scouts Delaney was a 5th round pickin last year draft. He decided to come to Miami to help his draft stock. If seems pretty clear he is not a NFL DB and I'm not even sure if he is a solid FBS Starting CB

Why are we taking dorks from The Citadel anyway? Wasted scholarship on this chucklehead.

Can't wait for Campbell and Co to get here next year...

Dean can't surpass this guy? That's quite an indictment on Dean as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kid is lost out there. When you're picked on by Bethune then you know something is wrong. He's a massive liability

Advertisement
According to draft scouts Delaney was a 5th round pickin last year draft. He decided to come to Miami to help his draft stock. If seems pretty clear he is not a NFL DB and I'm not even sure if he is a solid FBS Starting CB

Why are we taking dorks from The Citadel anyway? Wasted scholarship on this chucklehead.

Wasted scholly least of the problem here. We are way under 85. The issue is we did not recruit better at that position last year. If we had hauled Henderson and Edwards he would not have been offered.

Can't wait for Campbell and Co to get here next year...

Dean can't surpass this guy? That's quite an indictment on Dean as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Band-aiding a secondary together doesnt work. Dean, Delaney, Michael Jackson, etc. we need real talent at the DB spots. Let's hope our 2018 class sticks, especially the DBs.

Last edited:
E57BEC2F-3BEE-496D-B314-CD8F87110D78.gif

Attachments

• E57BEC2F-3BEE-496D-B314-CD8F87110D78.gif
    E57BEC2F-3BEE-496D-B314-CD8F87110D78.gif
    1 MB · Views: 298
Last edited:
He is a huge bust, which makes Dean look even worse. Gonna be a long year for the defense.

Advertisement
Back