Has Dee Delaney destroyed his NFL dreams by coming to Miami?

Advertisement
It has been two games.
One of which was after a long layoff due to a natural disaster.
Call me crazy if I say the sample size is way too small and we should be a bit more patient.

2 games versus non power 5 teams.

Within a new system with new teammates with no cohesion or chemistry.
If people want to judge after two games go ahead.
I just don't think it is wise to just bury the kid when there's still a long way to go for him to prove his worth.

Deatrick Nichols and Ronnie Hoggins should have been Miami Hurricanes.

These are the types of thoughts I have every time we have a player that just isn't up to standard...how many players we could have had that would easily replace him that we as a team didn't even bother recruiting.

Drives me fakking insane.

It has been two games.
Call me crazy if I say the sample size is way too small and we should be a bit more patient.

I just don't think it is wise to just bury the kid when there's still a long way to go for him to prove his worth.

Definitely a lot of room for improvement. But Toledo has the best QB we will face all year and their HC/OC is legit. They will probably end up 11-1 in the regular season. Second half the game gave me hopes the team adjusted after a very poor start and made plays. Homer did well when Walton went down but we will go as far as MW takes us. Rosier showed he is a capable starter and can make the throws needed. A lot more positive from this game.

Advertisement
We already have one of the best corner prospects I've seen in over a decade. I think he can continue to handle kickoffs while locking down half of the field for the next three years.

It has been two games.

With that said he's to slow , he's gets targeted every throw . He shouldn't be starting

Advertisement
I told yall boys after the bethune game this was not a one time thing.....the boy is doo doo.. Dean is a better cover corner but he is soft as baby **** and cant tackle...WE ****ed boys...this is what happens when you have a DB coach who cant recruit Tyler Byrd and CJ henderson...this Citadel junkie should have never been on our team, and I hate to say this about a cane but it is what it is.

Never to worry tho he's gonna make a ****** inteception against some team and the cane slurpers will hop back on his dyck with the I told you so and how im not a real canes fan

I'm just hoping that at some point he gets close enough to a receiver in coverage he can get a tipped ball for an interception

People that think this is an anomaly..

Yeah 2 games in a row he gets targeted and absolutely destroyed by non power 5 teams..

He'll rebound? Yeah okay

Guys, I don't want t overreact here, but I hope he ******* dies in his sleep.
Mods, this psycho hopes one of our player dies. Some may think his remark is funny. 38 down votes think post not appropriate. I think this sick guy should never be allowed to post again on this board.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;d5PqVeex4QU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5PqVeex4QU&list=RDd5PqVeex4QU[/video]

Right now, Dee Delaney's Skyhawk is hard broke in the hanger...

Mods, this psycho hopes one of our player dies. Some may think his remark is funny. 38 down votes think post not appropriate. I think this sick guy should never be allowed to post again on this board.
blah%2Bblah%2Bblah%2Bgina%2Bliano.gif

Lol. You have a much greater chance of getting banned than WTH. Know your role.

Advertisement
NFL scouts tend to fall in love with measureables and Delaney has good size and speed. But its' not just some NFL scout that completely dropped the ball here, this guy was an FCS All American, so he had to have made some plays, even if it was against poor competition. Not to mention, the coaches thought he played well enough in practice to make him a starter so something isn't lining up. Maybe this guy $hits the bed when the lights come on? He's looked as bad through the first two games as anybody I've ever seen play corner at Miami. I mean did NFL scouts, FCS coaching staffs and media and OUR staff all totally not realize this guy was a bum? It just doesn't add up.

I've sat close to field level for both home games and have been focusing ALOT on Delaney.

I'm sorry...but he's garbage. Any receiver with decent quickness give him problems. In all honesty he looks like the kind of guy who would be more useful matched up against possession receivers or good receiving Tight Ends. He has the size to match up with those kinds of dudes....but he has a serious lack of lateral quickness.

We're only two games in but some of the areas we all thought were going to be a problem, particularly from a depth standpoint, actually look pretty good (TE, RB, QB, and OL). Meanwhile, two areas we thought we were good at (secondary and D-Line) have seriously disappointed. I'm less worried about the D-Line than I am about the secondary...but we have a SERIOUS lack of talent at the cornerback position right now. It's easily going to be our biggest issue this season.

I don't think the talent is that bad, we are just a bit thin and starting the wrong dudes. Young & Bandy should be the starters based on performance in games thus far. Time to give Dean a spin at CB...kid is a junior from Juco...cant be worse than Delaney, can he? Safety position is really struggling IMHO. Carter making freshman mistakes in taking bad angles in pass coverage, JJ hasn't elevated his game yet, and redwine still hasn't come into his own at safety since moving over. The season is young, but this group needs to turn it up big time.

I've sat close to field level for both home games and have been focusing ALOT on Delaney.

I'm sorry...but he's garbage. Any receiver with decent quickness give him problems. In all honesty he looks like the kind of guy who would be more useful matched up against possession receivers or good receiving Tight Ends. He has the size to match up with those kinds of dudes....but he has a serious lack of lateral quickness.

We're only two games in but some of the areas we all thought were going to be a problem, particularly from a depth standpoint, actually look pretty good (TE, RB, QB, and OL). Meanwhile, two areas we thought we were good at (secondary and D-Line) have seriously disappointed. I'm less worried about the D-Line than I am about the secondary...but we have a SERIOUS lack of talent at the cornerback position right now. It's easily going to be our biggest issue this season.

I don't think the talent is that bad, we are just a bit thin and starting the wrong dudes. Young & Bandy should be the starters based on performance in games thus far. Time to give Dean a spin at CB...kid is a junior from Juco...cant be worse than Delaney, can he? Safety position is really struggling IMHO. Carter making freshman mistakes in taking bad angles in pass coverage, JJ hasn't elevated his game yet, and redwine still hasn't come into his own at safety since moving over. The season is young, but this group needs to turn it up big time.

You might not think it's bad...but the simple fact none of those young players beat out Delaney is telling. He's looked downright inept, and the fact the coaches look like they are going to continue to play him indicates they are hoping he can get his **** together because they don't trust what's behind him.

Everyone so quick to jump off the Diaz bandwagon should take into account the lack of talent and depth we currently have in the secondary...it's as bad as I can remember.

You might not think it's bad...but the simple fact none of those young players beat out Delaney is telling. He's looked downright inept, and the fact the coaches look like they are going to continue to play him indicates they are hoping he can get his **** together because they don't trust what's behind him.

Everyone so quick to jump off the Diaz bandwagon should take into account the lack of talent and depth we currently have in the secondary...it's as bad as I can remember.

I trouble over this as well, scary shït...Will be very interesting to see the snap spread this next game. Can understand Manny, Rumph, etc giving Delaney a second game to see if it was first game jitters, but young man is obviously lacking. I would be very surprised if we stuck with Delaney for the bulk of the Duke game. Can see him getting the start just to not kill his confidence completely, but I could see him getting the hook early if he struggles bad again.

Advertisement
Back