Harsh Reality

I can only speak for me. Myself I thought he never should've had this job. But you deal with what you got. As a fan of this university you should want better for the whole. Not simply settle because it's in place. We all know he wasnt qualified for the job. So at a certain point you gotta say time to move on. But as I've said I don't see that happening no time soon. This season and this play will be the norm.
He’s not getting fired this year. I’m not going to root against him at every turn. It’s better for Miami that Manny turns a positive corner and we start winning than replacing coaches every 3-4 years.

Miami should have had a coaching search but there are a list of names of “great coaches or up and comers” that aren’t winning outside or Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State... at big money programs... so finding a great fit for a program to win isn’t as easy as hire the Pirate, BBB, etc etc etc.

Advertisement

http://juicygif.com/albums/userpics/2020y/06/19/10/1/9720-big-***-twerk.gif

Go Canes
Licking Jackie Chan GIF

Z we
He’s not getting fired this year. I’m not going to root against him at every turn. It’s better for Miami that Manny turns a positive corner and we start winning than replacing coaches every 3-4 years.

Miami should have had a coaching search but there are a list of names of “great coaches or up and comers” that aren’t winning outside or Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State... at big money programs... so finding a great fit for a program to win isn’t as easy as hire the Pirate, BBB, etc etc etc.
Just for fun, let’s put together a list of some fan favorites that supposedly woulda been “home run hires” over the last few years. I’ll start.

Pirate Booty—got reamed in the SEC and is in the headlines this year because his team got in a massive brawl in their ****** bowl game.

Butch—nothing needs to be said.

David Yost—just got fired a few weeks ago as OC for Texas Tech.

It's not about trying be Alabama or Clemson. It's about not be waxed by UNC 62-26 on top of what we endured in the losses to FIU, Duke, and LaTech in the previous season. That UNC game undid all the good will that Diaz built up over the course of 2020.
The UNC beating is an expected outcome of Manuela's philosophy.

We've been saying this since day one.

It just is what it is.

Advertisement
Are we not more talented than Cincy? Iowa State? There’s a group of schools that can’t match the players talent that we have but yet they’re playing on a higher level. I get your point that we’re not Clemson, Bama, OSU .. but we have some good players, much better than our record should reflect at the end of the year.

Are we not more talented than Cincy? Iowa State? There’s a group of schools that can’t match the players talent that we have but yet they’re playing on a higher level. I get your point that we’re not Clemson, Bama, OSU .. but we have some good players, much better than our record should reflect at the end of the year.
Can’t at least USC, Oregon, Texas, Michigan, Florida, Florida State, Georgia and Penn State say the same thing??

Not arguing that our record shouldn’t be better, simply saying that finding the right coaching fit appears harder than some make it out to be.

I don’t think most are as worried as much about Being LIKE BAMA or Clemson which would be nice but as of right now is a UFAG type illusion or maybe DELUSION but it’s more about not getting WAXED by BAMA or Clemson which is the more likely scenario...

‘You ever heard of the old saying “ he can take his’en and beat your’en and then take your’en and beat his’en “ ... this is where we’re at with this staff....

Manny added 2 decent pieces to the D staff but for the most part all he did was move around the same pieces and put them in different spots...

Manny calling plays is the height of stupidity cause Manny needs to learn how to be a P5 HC on game day something he’s having a whole lot of trouble at right now as opposed to trying to be a DC AND a HC on game day.

‘There’s a reason one staff designation says HC and the other says DC...it’s because it’s 2 different positions.Same as a business has a CEO and a CFO......Manny fCked up not hiring a DC and if it’s because he wouldn’t scrap that ****** defense of his it’s a major Fck Up.

I sure hope this works out for him but I got a feeling we will be looking for a new HC who will THEN do his job and hire a DC in about 11-12 months from now...jmo

Last edited:
Diaz has zero good will because:

1. James hired him in two hours

2. He has had some of the worst losses and performances in program history, and that is not exaggeration

Some of you love making excuses for this guy

He's a ****** coach, that's it. There's no conspiracy against him

Advertisement
That's where I'd disagree. He has a plan & he executing it to a tee. His plan is to keep things essentially how it already was yet still convince the fan base he's made monumental adjustments by his hand.
Yeah I agree with that after last offseason. He won me over with King and the offensive coaching changes, but I was like ‘**** how come no defensive coaching changes’. But this offseason... no bueno! No moves in the portal or defensive coaching tweaks will make up for not firing Baker and Patke. I think he lost a lot of fans who were buying his past two offseasons. He’s done to me now... he dug his own grave. Let’s see how long he’s lucky enough to stay outta it

You should be careful assuming T-Rob is the savior, like many people on here. Not only did I witness what happened to him at USC but I also got to hear about it repeatedly. I just hope he does better with UM
What he was able to do at USCe, he’ll do twice as well here. Columbia sucks, especially compared to Miami. He’ll easily draw talent here and coach them up

We actually have really good talent on D the problems are we are playing the less talented guys and we have bad position coaches and they aren’t improving. With a new DC and new set of eyes this could have been fixed. Instead Manny likes to be the smartest dude on D and that’s not how you get better or elite
Who's the new DC?

Oh contraire, monfraire ... Saban turned 'Bama around in his first year. When he started his 2nd year 'Bama was competing for SEC Championships and beyond. 'Nuff said. By the way have you ever heard of Jimmy Johnson?

In Saban's first year at Bama, 2007, he lost to Louisiana Monroe. Saban was the highest paid football coach in the FBS ATPIT. Ironically, one of Saban's losses that first year was to ULM coached by Charlie Weatherbie, the lowest paid football coach in the FBS . Additionally, Bama lost 4 of their final 5 games in 2007!

Advertisement
Really? Because In YEAR 2 under saban bama went undefeated and lost to the eventually champion UF in the sec championship game. And then in YEAR 3 bama won the ******* national championship! So exactly what kind of nonsense are you blabbering about? Smh oh and incase you just got out of your basement and haven’t been watching what has transpired the last 6 years Manure Diaz has been here. Heres a clue, the reason we don’t have any linebackers dumb@ss is because Diaz who was in charge of recruiting them, didn’t recruit any because he sucks at recruiting and then he hired a coach in baker who sucks just as bad at recruiting linebackers as his predecessor Manure! So again what kind of ******* nonsense are blabbering about here dip$hit? Does Manure Diaz need another 6 ******* years to recruit a quality power five level starting line backer? Call me crazy but if he wasn’t able to do it in the first 6 years I don’t see any reason to believe he’ll be able to do it in the next 6. Seriously some people on here are literally starting threads by flat out making **** up and living in fantasy land like this dumb@ss. Smh
True story. Manny is a pretty good salesman ain’t he? My problem with this staff is somewhere along the line they lose the players. No motivation, lack of discipline , not playing up to their potential, and losing games they “NEED” to win . It all seems that mind set, and loss of team focus is ok with Manny and the staff. They just spill out another excuse. You dont see that accepted and the power programs.

Can’t at least USC, Oregon, Texas, Michigan, Florida, Florida State, Georgia and Penn State say the same thing??

Not arguing that our record shouldn’t be better, simply saying that finding the right coaching fit appears harder than some make it out to be.
It's downright impossible if you (a) don't know what you're even looking for; (b) don't know how to assess candidates; and (c) don't even run a search!

True story. Manny is a pretty good salesman ain’t he? My problem with this staff is somewhere along the line they lose the players. No motivation, lack of discipline , not playing up to their potential, and losing games they “NEED” to win . It all seems that mind set, and loss of team focus is ok with Manny and the staff. They just spill out another excuse. You dont see that accepted and the power programs.
Hit the nail on the head my man. I’ve been screaming it since the beginning of the Manny regime, actually since the beginning of the Richt regime since its really just one regime. And the one constant since the start of that regime in 2016 has been teams coming out flat, undisciplined, unprepared and unmotivated. It’s mind numbing how it happens almost every game, hence the bowl game getting down 21-0 right form the get go. And Diaz stole one of the worst traits of richt and one of the many reasons he was fired at UGA and that’s deferring to upperclassmen over better more talented younger players. Smh that is always a recipe for losing your team because when the younger guys continue to see McLeod, Jennings, Ivey, pope and Wiggins continue to **** the bed but continue to start, the team eventually flat out quits on you. It’s happened twice to Diaz in both years he’s been HC and the odds are it’ll happen again to him this coming season. Dude just doesn’t have it and the sooner we end this “make a wish” coaching experiment the better. Mind you this is our second make a wish coaching experiment with a DC from a failed regime Miami has made. Smh 🤦‍♂️ but of course did we learn form it, nope because Miami is always gonna Miami! 🤬

Advertisement
OP watch more football. Clemsons D was not talented at all this year outside of the DL. The back 7 were meh. It’s Venebales the juice man that squeezed every drop out of em to win the ACC but it got exposed in the big boy league that is the CFP

I mean the NFL has proved for a long long long time that Miami Hurricane players arent as good as the elite schools. They are sending better players overall, this used to be our excuse that they havent been developed here (cause of one Sam Shields) then we proceed to send a player to the NFL and they get NFL coaching and still are the same player. We used to dog bama and other schools that they bust...............not anymore. The truth has been there for years just no one wanted to look at it,, our evals are just real bad.

U always find out whos talented during the draft

Calling Bull**** on good will.

The Diaz hire has been hated from the jump by a lot of the loudest fan base and ex players who wanted someone like Mario. He had no cache built at all. It was always one reason away from an outburst in 2020.

He lost to FIU.

It’s not that there’s some fan conspiracy against Manny. If Mario or any other coach had managed to lose to FIU, he’d be in the same position today

Advertisement
Back