HarRumph

All Rumph has to do is get ONE elite guy every few cycles. No one is asking him for dominance on the trail. Just get one guy here or there.

ANYBODY can land some 4* corners at Miami. ANYBODY. What Rumph does on the recruiting trail is not really special.

Before you mention Christian Williams...cool...nice get. But f'n Paul Williams got a 4* CB out of Alabama to come to Miami, too.
Jackson was rated a 4 star by 1 site, Williams was a consensus 4 star but im not even talking about that. I’m just saying overall it’s the hardest position to recruit even if you got an abundant of options. Regardless we have seen even if you don’t get the “elite” dbs in south Florida you can still coach the good ones up like redwine, bandy and Jaquan who helped lead the #1 pass defense in the country. We don’t necessarily NEED one of the elite cornerbacks to be an elite secondary but it would be nice to finally win those battles more consistently. That’s my position of it

Advertisement
Congrats to rumph on this one, but I’m not going to forget how he has struck out on almost every single recruit this guy has talked to.

He has lots of work to do. I’m more then betting this was a one time thing. I personally don’t think he will ever be a good recruiter. I hope I’m wrong, but history tells me I’m right.
Well today Rumph has a message for fans like you **** off. I want him to keep developing guys we have. He has 2 guys who have to develop this year. Ivey and Blades. They're gonna be the difference makers.

Last edited:
Hating ***
Db is the hardest position to recruit in south Florida and most coveted by the sec schools in Florida. They throwing the most bags at the position.

This is like saying it’s difficult for USCw to recruit QBs because everybody wants Cali QBs.

Advertisement
Jackson was rated a 4 star by 1 site, Williams was a consensus 4 star but im not even talking about that. I’m just saying overall it’s the hardest position to recruit even if you got an abundant of options. Regardless we have seen even if you don’t get the “elite” dbs in south Florida you can still coach the good ones up like redwine, bandy and Jaquan who helped lead the #1 pass defense in the country. We don’t necessarily NEED one of the elite cornerbacks to be an elite secondary but it would be nice to finally win those battles more consistently. That’s my position of it

Just stop.

Anybody arguing it’s not fair to Rumph that he has sooooooooo many elite DBs a stones throw from campus, needs to get off this board and get your *** on the recruiting trail, because you’re clearly Mike Rumph posting on this site.

Hating ***
Db is the hardest position to recruit in south Florida and most coveted by the sec schools in Florida. They throwing the most bags at the position.

Would you stop with this? I don't know why you feel the need to put on your Rumph Rapid Response Team hat every time he gets criticized for a recruiting performance THAT EVEN MIKE RUMPH HIMSELF has described as not "at the level of what a Hurricane coach should be" to the point that he's decided to seek psychological counseling (to his credit). His recruiting performance by his own admission is open to criticism. And posters who hold a similar opinion of Mike Rumph's recruiting as he does are not being a "Hating ***" when engaging in discussion about the subject.

Again, you are creating apologies, defenses and rationales that not even Mike Rumph agrees with. Mossmadness, many other posters including me, and right along with Mike Rumph himself think his recruiting has not been up to standard. And to his credit Rumph has humbled himself as to this deficiency and is actively taking steps to remedy it. Thank god he doesn't read any of your posts, lest he'd have bought into all your tortured apologias instead of taking the steps that he has to improve himself.

Does Mike Rumph appear to be a high caliber coach of the kids he has playing for him at CB? Yes. We have very well coached CB's. Mike Rumph appears to be an excellent coach of the position.

Is it also the case that Mike Rumph has not recruited the CB position to the level expected of him, and that his recruiting needs to improve? Well, according to Mike Rumph the answer is "yes". And according to you "no". Think about that.

I'm sure you'll want to respond. Just remember that Mike Rumph disagrees with you about Mike Rumph's recruiting.

Advertisement
Rumph has the easiest recruiting job on the staff. South Florida produces a ton of 4* DBs. You can strike out on all the guys at the top of your board and still end up with all 4* guys.

Based on who we target and what a legit recruiter would end up with, he’s a horrible recruiter.

He's not been very good but there are other factors at play.

For elite DBs down, you have to beat Bama, UGA, Ohio St, and every other major bag school.

So I'm curious what a "legit" recruiter would end up with? Would a legit recruiter have matched UGA's offer for Campbell? Somehow beat Bama for Surtain.

Hopefully Williams leads to Rumph having more confidence, but people that think we should land every local elite DB simply because we're local are terribly naive

Anybody arguing it’s not fair to Rumph that he has sooooooooo many elite DBs a stones throw from campus, needs to get off this board and get your *** on the recruiting trail, because you’re clearly Mike Rumph posting on this site.

That's the most laughable part. They're clearly not Mike Rumph. We know this because not even Mike Rumph himself agrees. He has taken ownership of his shortcomings and is actively working to fix them. Whereas the Rumph apologists claim there's nothing to fix. The comedy in all this is priceless.

He's not been very good but there are other factors at play.

For elite DBs down, you have to beat Bama, UGA, Ohio St, and every other major bag school.

So I'm curious what a "legit" recruiter would end up with? Would a legit recruiter have matched UGA's offer for Campbell? Somehow beat Bama for Surtain.

Hopefully Williams leads to Rumph having more confidence, but people that think we should land every local elite DB simply because we're local are terribly naive
Exactly

Would you stop with this? I don't know why you feel the need to put on your Rumph Rapid Response Team hat every time he gets criticized for a recruiting performance THAT EVEN MIKE RUMPH HIMSELF has described as not "at the level of what a Hurricane coach should be" to the point that he's decided to seek psychological counseling (to his credit). His recruiting performance by his own admission is open to criticism. And posters who hold a similar opinion of Mike Rumph's recruiting as he does are not being a "Hating ***" when engaging in discussion about the subject.

Again, you are creating apologies, defenses and rationales that not even Mike Rumph agrees with. Mossmadness, many other posters including me, and right along with Mike Rumph himself think his recruiting has not been up to standard. And to his credit Rumph has humbled himself as to this deficiency and is actively taking steps to remedy it. Thank god he doesn't read any of your posts, lest he'd have bought into all your tortured apologias instead of taking the steps that he has to improve himself.

Does Mike Rumph appear to be a high caliber coach of the kids he has playing for him at CB? Yes. We have very well coached CB's. Mike Rumph appears to be an excellent coach of the position.

Is it also the case that Mike Rumph has not recruited the CB position to the level expected of him, and that his recruiting needs to improve? Well, according to Mike Rumph the answer is "yes". And according to you "no". Think about that.

I'm sure you'll want to respond. Just remember that Mike Rumph disagrees with you about Mike Rumph's recruiting.
He missed on a kid he coached in the little league, who wouldn’t be upset at that? If that were me I would Too. So of course that leads to a disappointing signing day in his opinion, Get real... mfs on here act like Mike Rumph the only coach who’s missed in terms of recruiting the last few years. Foh with the bullsh*t

Advertisement
He missed on a kid he coached in the little league, who wouldn’t be upset at that? If that were me I would Too. So of course that leads to a disappointing signing day in his opinion, Get real... mfs on here act like Mike Rumph the only coach who’s missed in terms of recruiting the last few years. Foh with the bullsh*t

You write absolutely nothing, zero that contradicts Mike Rumph's own opinion that his recruiting is not up "the level that a Hurricane coach should be", and when we agree with him you then conclude that we/I should "Foh of here with the bull****".

Great job.

Who do you think knows more about whether his recruiting has been up to standard? You or Mike Rumph?

Last edited:
You write absolutely nothing, zero that contradicts Mike Rumph's own opinion that his recruiting is not up "the level that a Hurricane coach should be", and when we agree with him you then conclude that we/I should "Foh of here with the bull****".

Great job.

Who do you think knows more about whether his recruiting has been up to standard? You or Mike Rumph?
Broke is simple, best to just let him be the white knight that his DNA dictates

Great job.

He’s missed, so has the whole coaching staff. Everyone on the coaching staff needs to Have accountability and need to recruit better. No one on this staff is recruiting at the level we should be, I think They can but they didn’t last cycle . Regardless I’m done with last class, hope we have a great one this year

Advertisement
Rumph has the easiest recruiting job on the staff. South Florida produces a ton of 4* DBs. You can strike out on all the guys at the top of your board and still end up with all 4* guys.

Based on who we target and what a legit recruiter would end up with, he’s a horrible recruiter.

It seems easy, but the last three head coaches (Shannon, Golden and Richt) inherited horrible CB situations.

Rumph has good players and he coaches them up. We rank at the top. We’re doing pretty good.

It seems easy, but the last three head coaches (Shannon, Golden and Richt) inherited horrible CB situations.

Rumph has good players and he coaches them up. We rank at the top. We’re doing pretty good.

Golden landed highly ranked DBs. Shannon landed highly ranked DBs.

If you want to argue the highly ranked DBs the previous staffs landed actually sucked, or the staffs couldn’t develop them, okay.

If you want to argue that Rumph is so good at scouting and developing talent that he’s wasting time on the therapist couch, okay.

But those are separate points. Rumph does not do a good job when going head to head with the top programs for the top tier South Florida DBs. That’s just a fact. People unwilling to concede that when discussing him, are just poisoning the well when we discuss him.

Last edited:
Golden landed highly ranked DBs. Shannon landed highly ranked DBs.

When Golden took over for Shannon, he had to bring in Mike Williams, a grad transfer from Wake. When Richt took over for Golden, he had to bring in Adrian Colbert. They left the cupboards bare.

Right now, we have six four-star corners. One junior, two sophomores and three freshmen. The depth chart is healthy. The production is Top 10 and the player development is plain to see. The whining about Rumph is out of sync with what's happening on the field.

Advertisement
Back