HarRumph

Advertisement
henderson was a from what i remember about that story. got salty bc the ASG coaches preferred other dudes over him in practices so he just up and left. rumph told him some *** bout like canes dont act like that and dont quit or whatever
Didn't they also rescind their offer? and then he went to UF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good article. Shout out to rumph

This article actually proves what most people have said about Rumph. He’s not a great recruiter. He admitted himself that signing days were not to the level they should be. Just cuz he had some 4* sign with him doesn’t make him a top recruiter. I hope this is the start of his next level

Like I said when the pic of Rumph and Williams came out from his official, I was glad to see him showing personality. He always came off as rigid and serious. That's cool for practice and game day but maybe not as beneficial for recruiting. He's obviously trying to make strides in that regard and kudos to him for it.

You think he takes that pic shooting Js with Christian or posts the pic of him cheesing imposed over Bandy with the chain last year or years before? No.

His coaching is legit. If he can continue to improve as a recruiter, we will have a big time, home grown DB coach on our hands. Yesterday was a big step in that direction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Things that make you go hmmm
I mean, he's missed on guys and he could be better but it's not like he's settling for fringe prospects and leftovers. I could be wrong but I believe Bethel is the only 3 star corner and he was a project from the beginning.

this is cool. I actually think the entire staff should take a sales course one day. recruiting is sales.
Exactly, first recognize the “issue” and find a way to try and get better. I applaud Rumph for that, no one has greater expectations than them selves in this profession and I’m sure missing on Campbell hurt him bad ultimately. Rest of the staff needs to do the same

Advertisement
People bang on Rumph for missing guys but CB is probably our most blue chip position. Pretty much every guy was a 4 star.
Also pretty much the deepest positon in SFLA year end and out. It's hard to completely blow it, which is why Paul Williams was the worst. People are really complaining about missing out on the 5 star talents, which is completely understandable.

I mean we are seeing progress..but all this is fluff.

The issue was known after his first class. He stated it was an issue then as well.

The key will forever be WINNING, Developing a bigger board at position, keeping dialogue fully with THAT board, Put guys into the league, and stop being so gullible.

We will see an up tick in talent in my opinion starting with this class of 2020.

Realize if we didnt flip Christian Williams at the last hour we would be left with d*ck in hand AGAIN and a 155-160 pd cb committed....hence his enthusiasm with the Williams signing ( im giving all the credit there to him on that)

Our board at CB and Communication at that spot is LACKING. I like all the offers that went out early at cb in this class though...**** i pushed for one off em hard as **** my own self.

Advertisement
Back