Harrison-Hunte Update

Advertisement
I know there's been a lot of talk how about good this big kid is but let me break down some notes from his recruitment.
  1. Offers: Alabama, Miami, Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State. That is about as good of an offer list as you can put together for a defensive tackle. Coach Kool visited him in mid January to convince him to OV which tells you a lot about this kid.
  2. Visits: Miami twice, Penn State 7 times, and Ohio State twice. He went to Penn State 7 times and we are the front runner. We've been burned so many times by kids who have lived on our campus and left us empty handed. Feels good to have it happen to Penn State and Ohio State.
  3. Prospect: I know everyone gets caught up in stars but it's rare that you find a 286 pound dude who moves like he's 260. He's got a thick frame with great lower body strength. This kid is uber athletic and has a perfect frame for Coach Simpson to sculpt.
If we land this kid, which is expected, it is a huge win for Coach Simpson and Coach Diaz. Don't let the stars fool you, this kid can be a major DT for us and in the league.

Advertisement
Heard Ivins on a podcast say he is a 4 star talent and he projects him as a round 4 or 5 NFL draft pick.

Not only him, but also Brian Dohn (the regional insider of 247) is very high on HH and projected him as a potential 4-7 round pick.

Hes a kid with good size buy the type of size that can add on good 20 motr pounds even and still be explosive. He's a basketball player so his footwork and athleticism is on point and will only get better with more coaching. He's a legit baller at dt now and in a few years fans will be loving him while his haters right now will pretend they always loved him. T-Minus 6 1/2 hours to go

Advertisement
Heard Ivins on a podcast say he is a 4 star talent and he projects him as a round 4 or 5 NFL draft pick.

This is literally the dumbest thing ever.

How in the **** could anyone project that? The kid is still in highschool.

Nobody on this Earth has any idea how this kid will adapt to College FB, much less his NFL draft stock.

Nobody on this Earth has any idea how this kid will adapt to College FB, much less his NFL draft stock.

The stars system is based on NFL potential. Not that I'm agree with it, but it works like that.

Advertisement

cause the reporters need clicks on their articles and podcast

Projecting a High Schooler's NFL draft stock is bogus as fvck.
Exactly! What's Marcus Forston and Ermon Lane's projection as 5 stars? That's the dumbest BS I've ever heard on a recruiting board. That says a LOT. Ivins has to be laughing under his breath people even listen to that garbage.

Advertisement
247 compares who a prospect seems to be on track to be and where they're projected to be drafted. Lazy as **** especially because they're going to be wrong on so many players but many fans are stupid and eat it up

247 compares who a prospect seems to be on track to be and where they're projected to be drafted. Lazy as **** especially because they're going to be wrong on so many players but many fans are stupid and eat it up
Its just a comparison. I dont know why that makes you so angry lol

He’s going real conservative on that draft pick there. There’s a video of him dunking on a court in Brooklyn meaning at 286 he’s jumping at least 25 inches just to dunk...that’s an extremely athletic guy who probably hasn’t spent that much time lifting because of basketball.

If he develops and produces then it’ll probably be higher.

Advertisement
Back