Hard Rock gets World Cup bid

I like the Hard Rock. If we’re great again, it will be the most electric and loudest stadium in the country. I don’t want a small venue to satisfy the people who don’t go to the games anyway. The team, not the stadium, is the problem. I’ve been to them all. The kids LOVE playing in a professional stadium. We’ll be fine. Just win
1000%. Make sure those in the back can hear you as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like the Hard Rock. If we’re great again, it will be the most electric and loudest stadium in the country. I don’t want a small venue to satisfy the people who don’t go to the games anyway. The team, not the stadium, is the problem. I’ve been to them all. The kids LOVE playing in a professional stadium. We’ll be fine. Just win
That's saying something. There are dozens of classic college football stadiums with 50+ years of being electric and loud no matter what. We may have a decent advantage on a given night when the planets are aligned but this is class-A hyperbole right here.

That's saying something. There are dozens of classic college football stadiums with 50+ years of being electric and loud no matter what. We may have a decent advantage on a given night when the planets are aligned but this is class-A hyperbole right here.
If you were at the ND game in 2017, you’d agree that it’s as loud as a stadium can get. My ears were ringing for two days literally. The way the tarp bounces the sound back at itself and ultimately magnifies it is insane. Zero hyperbole. Fwiw the OB was amazing too, and safe to say there were games against lousy teams that I felt like the only one in the building too.

If you were at the ND game in 2017, you’d agree that it’s as loud as a stadium can get. My ears were ringing for two days literally. The way the tarp bounces the sound back at itself and ultimately magnifies it is insane. Zero hyperbole. Fwiw the OB was amazing too, and safe to say there were games against lousy teams that I felt like the only one in the building too.
@Rellyrell here they go again!

It's almost impossible to recreate that ND game. From the 30 years we went without beating them; to being undefeated at the time; to the turnover chain being in full swing; to College Gameday on campus. That was the perfect storm no pun intended. It was also the first time it felt like Miami was back in quite some time.

The only way we're recreating that is if we play Bama at home under similar circumstances in the near future imo. Miami loves a winner and we'll have a nice little homefield advantage here moving forward if things go as planned, but sustaining anything close to that ND game is a major pipedream. Will gladly say I was wrong if our fans prove otherwise.

It's almost impossible to recreate that ND game. From the 30 years we went without beating them; to being undefeated at the time; to the turnover chain being in full swing; to College Gameday on campus. That was the perfect storm no pun intended. It was also the first time it felt like Miami was back in quite some time.

The only way we're recreating that is if we play Bama at home under similar circumstances in the near future imo. Miami loves a winner and we'll have a nice little homefield advantage here moving forward if things go as planned, but sustaining anything close to that ND game is a major pipedream. Will gladly say I was wrong if our fans prove otherwise.

Yeah we gotta let 2017 go. Lol. It was 5 yrs ago. It was literally a perfect crescendo:

1. We were riding high coming from the end of last season on a 12 game winning streak

2. The intro of the T.O Chain that took the nation by storm

3. Revenge on ND, where we could’ve/should’ve won in South Bend in 2016

4. ND’s first time to Miami in almost 20 yrs

5. ESPN College Game Day in the building

6. Top 10 match up against a former hated rival

It was, like u said, a perfect storm. Plus it was made for prime time TV.

Advertisement

Ok I’ve been going to games since the early early 80’s. When we’re great, there’s that same electricity in big games. The current stadium will do that again and again, if we are good. It wasn’t a unicorn. People who think that know only what this town is from a couch. @everyone who’s always home on Saturdays…

Yeah we gotta let 2017 go. Lol. It was 5 yrs ago. It was literally a perfect crescendo:

1. We were riding high coming from the end of last season on a 12 game winning streak

2. The intro of the T.O Chain that took the nation by storm

3. Revenge on ND, where we could’ve/should’ve won in South Bend in 2016

4. ND’s first time to Miami in almost 20 yrs

5. ESPN College Game Day in the building

6. Top 10 match up against a former hated rival

It was, like u said, a perfect storm. Plus it was made for prime time TV.
Love that “tv” view @facepalm with no personal disrespect intended.

Ok I’ve been going to games since the early early 80’s. When we’re great, there’s that same electricity in big games. The current stadium will do that again and again, if we are good. It wasn’t a unicorn. People who think that know only what this town is from a couch. @everyone who’s always home on Saturdays…

That pop for that game, I hadn’t even heard it from when we had a big game against FSU.

Let me give context, my brother:

In 2016, We were #10 & we played #23 FSU at HRS. The attendance was 65,685. We were on a 4 game winning streak entering (Prime Time)

In 2017, We were #7 & ND was #3 at HRS. The attendance was 65,303. We were on a 12 game winning streak entering (Prime Time)

The pop that HRS experienced in 2017 smoked 2016 even though the crowd was slightly smaller. 2017 was a crazy, crazy crescendo. Literally all the stars lined up as far as media exposure, our winning streak, the nature of this rivalry. It’s not so much the crowd or attendance, it was the complete atmosphere that was created for that moment.

We played FSU the following year in 2018 in an absolute thriller. The attendance there was 65,490, & it still didn’t give that pop that 2017 provided. So again, it was a perfect crescendo for that atmosphere. We’ve had plenty of nice turn outs b4 & since then.

Last edited:
I want to believe! I think you speak from the heart.

@Rellyrell the 2017 bois may be on to something. When there's momentum and belief our fans get energized. GT that year lowkey wild. UVA also. Will stick to my guns about ND being near perfect conditions and hard to duplicate. That should be viewed as a good thing. It was an all-time day/evening regardless of where they played.

Maybe I need to get season tix and not be part of the problem. k9 did it and others like him who live afar. Finding a reliable place to donate unused tix would help.

Advertisement
That's only because you don't go to the games. It's pretty obvious.

Well if you ask people that actually go to the games they would tell you the VT game that same year was one of the loudest games a Hard Rock ever.

I'm not sure they're smart enough to know there's a difference.
I wouldn't brag about differences in intelligence if I'd be from the USA
Mike Tyson Smile GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back