Hard Rock gets World Cup bid

I was recently at a restaurant at Patriot Place, which is connected to Gillette stadium. It's a completely different experience than trying to go someplace near Hard Rock. World Cup attendees hoping for hotels and dining within walking distance of the stadium will be in for a surprise.

Advertisement
I was recently at a restaurant at Patriot Place, which is connected to Gillette stadium. It's a completely different experience than trying to go someplace near Hard Rock. World Cup attendees hoping for hotels and dining within walking distance of the stadium will be in for a surprise.
Swap World Cup for Superbowl, Formula 1 Grand Prix or any huge mega event that gets hosted at Hard Rock Stadium. The attendees know what to expect. This isn't the first time out of towners have been to an event there.

Lol at his “sitting in traffic” … old OB traffic was horrible too, and don’t even mention the parking and getting blocked in 98% of the time lol
LOL... He doesn't want to sit in traffic so his answer is to put a stadium within 5 minutes of the campus. I swear, people who comment on the stadium situation either have never been anywhere near campus or they live in some kind of fantasy land

LOL... He doesn't want to sit in traffic so his answer is to put a stadium within 5 minutes of the campus. I swear, people who comment on the stadium situation either have never been anywhere near campus or they live in some kind of fantasy land
You can see that the people that want this, and the ones upvoting the negative hard rock reviews, are people that rarely if ever go to games

You can see that the people that want this, and the ones upvoting the negative hard rock reviews, are people that rarely if ever go to games
I don't know why I bother responding to these threads. It's either people who don't live anywhere near Miami and don't go to games anyway or it's guys who go to one FSU game every six seasons complaining about games in a stadium they never go to.

Advertisement
I don't know why I bother responding to these threads. It's either people who don't live anywhere near Miami and don't go to games anyway or it's guys who go to one FSU game every six seasons complaining about games in a stadium they never go to.

It’s the same idiot opinions over and over again, from people that don’t count. The one-a-year t-shirt buyers in bum**** USA

Swap World Cup for Superbowl, Formula 1 Grand Prix or any huge mega event that gets hosted at Hard Rock Stadium. The attendees know what to expect. This isn't the first time out of towners have been to an event there.
Oh I get it, but I expect a lot more international visitors for a World Cup than even a Formula One race.

My point is that it would be nice if some effort was made to improve the surrounding area.

It’s the same idiot opinions over and over again, from people that don’t count. The one-a-year t-shirt buyers in bum**** USA
There are plenty of people that go to every single game (myself included) who believe that us having our own stadium might benefit… us. People that think it makes sense to have a college football stadium somewhere near that college campus.

Hard rock is opulent - now. It decidedly wasn’t for the first decade of our tenancy. And, I understand the “erector set” fears, but (hypothetically) if we could just drop a facsimile of hard rock onto tropical park (with orange seats, of course) which we own, operate, earn revenue from, etc. would that be such a bad thing?

There are plenty of people that go to every single game (myself included) who believe that us having our own stadium might benefit… us. People that think it makes sense to have a college football stadium somewhere near that college campus.

Hard rock is opulent - now. It decidedly wasn’t for the first decade of our tenancy. And, I understand the “erector set” fears, but (hypothetically) if we could just drop a facsimile of hard rock onto tropical park (with orange seats, of course) which we own, operate, earn revenue from, etc. would that be such a bad thing?

By all means feel free to drop that hard rock clone in tropical Park.

Advertisement
By all means feel free to drop that hard rock clone in tropical Park.
LOL. Maybe I will.

You'll be there, though, right? I'd really hate to disappoint all of the people who just love going to University of Miami games at a stadium that is a well struck 2-iron from Broward County.

LOL. Maybe I will.

You'll be there, though, right? I'd really hate to disappoint all of the people who just love going to University of Miami games at a stadium that is a well struck 2-iron from Broward County.

I mean I’m in broward so I enjoy it lol

Oh I get it, but I expect a lot more international visitors for a World Cup than even a Formula One race.

My point is that it would be nice if some effort was made to improve the surrounding area.
Part of the problem is that Miami was poorly planned. The city was not designed with the idea of squeezing a 70,000 seat stadium in the middle of it. Even the Orange Bowl was tiny when they first built it and they expanded the size over decades.

The area around JRS was always pretty crappy. That’s why the land was cheap. It’s the same problem any developer is going to have trying to build a separate football stadium for UM. The only places in south Florida with huge parcels of open land are areas nowhere near the actual city. Unless someone wants to tear down entire neighborhoods to create space but with the price of real estate in south Florida, that would be almost impossible

LOL. Maybe I will.

I drove from Broward to the Orange Bowl for every home game from 2002-2007 and my family went to every home game from 91-96. It was a bit of a drive, traffic was a nightmare and parking was worse but I still went every week. I never boycotted games because the stadium was too far. That’s where UM played so that’s where I went.

Advertisement
I’ll visit Miami , Fl. Over Foxboro Ma. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I’ll visit Miami , Fl. Over Foxboro Ma. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
As would I. But imagine traffic if people could leave a game and walk over to a bar or movie theater and didn't have to all try leaving at the same time.

1655927968485.png

Advertisement
I drove from Broward to the Orange Bowl for every home game from 2002-2007 and my family went to every home game from 91-96. It was a bit of a drive, traffic was a nightmare and parking was worse but I still went every week. I never boycotted games because the stadium was too far. That’s where UM played so that’s where I went.
1655927906339.gif

Seven Saturdays every Fall, me and mine made the trek north to the OB from the rough and tumble streets (ask ARod) of west Kendall. It wasn’t easy, but we managed. Now, I have to schlep all the way up to the dam county line 7 whole times a year (thanks, Grandpa, for infecting me with this disease). It's arduous, sure, but we survive. LOL.

If Ruiz wants to help us build a stadium down by the nascar track (he already tried, failed, to develop the old Indians spring training facility down there), OK. It’d take me just as long to get to Homestead as it does for me to get to Miami Gardens. But I’d still be there. Hope you'd be there too.

That particular solution wouldn’t necessarily satisfy the “near campus” prong of my 2-prong test, but no longer being a tenant is important.

LOL. Maybe I will.

Why would I have a problem going there? I went to the orange bowl and that was no picnic.

As would I. But imagine traffic if people could leave a game and walk over to a bar or movie theater and didn't have to all try leaving at the same time.
You could build an Ale House, a Hooters , an I max theater and an amusement park next to the stadium and people will still find something to *****h about.

Advertisement
Back