Hard Rock gets World Cup bid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ehhh the difference is stadium orientation....they're sharing a football stadium which will barely fit the field where as if we shared a soccer stadium the stands would be the Duke stadium walk of doom far.

Oh I’m well aware, but the irony. Lol

Doesn’t benefit us; only Ross.
Hosting the World Cup would be a win win situation for Miami. World Cup events are an economic home run for communities lucky enough to host their events. It would also be a great opportunity to help to promote the football program and The University of Miami on a world stage. I’m no Staphin Ross fan by any stretch but hosting a World Cup event on our home field Isn’t a bad thing.

Hosting the World Cup would be a win win situation for Miami. World Cup events are an economic home run for communities lucky enough to host their events. It would also be a great opportunity to help to promote the football program and The University of Miami on a world stage. I’m no Staphin Ross fan by any stretch but hosting a World Cup event on our home field Isn’t a bad thing.

Nice spin, but do u actually think this actually will happen? Not referring to the economy, which is a benefit for the city, I’m talking about The U. I think there’s this weird conception that whatever benefits HRS & Ross somehow helps us. Let me be perfectly clear; HRS only benefits Ross & Ross only. Any event that’s thrown there, including our home games benefits him. It doesn’t help recruiting, it doesn’t help revenue, & I’m pretty sure we’re not going to see any Hurricanes banners around there.

Advertisement
Nice spin, but do u actually think this actually will happen? Not referring to the economy, which is a benefit for the city, I’m talking about The U. I think there’s this weird conception that whatever benefits HRS & Ross somehow helps us. Let me be perfectly clear; HRS only benefits Ross & Ross only. Any event that’s thrown there, including our home games benefits him. It doesn’t help recruiting, it doesn’t help revenue, & I’m pretty sure we’re not going to see any Hurricanes banners around there.
You’ve been cranky. Did someone step on your new all white custom Ultraboost? 😎

this is the biggest and most watched sport event in the known universe. Don‘ give a f@ck who the owner of the venue is.., this is massive for the the city and the vision of what The U is presenting to attract elite players and investors.

and f@ck all those trying to clown us for a multiple sport stadium.. yeah F1, Jay Z, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Rolling Loud, Eagles, U2, Miami Open (5th Largest Tennis event in the planet), Madonna, Monster Jam, Super Bowl, Canelo…

yeah right let them hate.. the U plays at probably the trendiest venue in the world. Yet again, this is massively positive.

Let me first preface this by saying that I am one hoping and praying UM gets their own stadium.

Now for the but.

The fact of the matter is this program and stadium issue is quite different than most schools and we have the evidence to support it. Firstly, the old girl. She was disgusting dilapidated antiquated just downright uncomfortable and glorious at the same time when the place was packed and rocking. Was not on campus, yes was closer, but still not on campus. Parking, though fond memories of no blockie, was atrocious and inconvenient, and amenities were none to speak of. The reason we wax nostalgically about the place was due to the great success which led to amazing fun times. But even in our heyday the crappy teams we would go up against the place was half full.

Fast forward now to JRS (I will always call it Joe Robbie Stadium) we have our proof with that wonderful season and the ND and Va Tech massacre. With the improvements made to the stadium the experience has been better for a prime time matchup game. We know the place can rock like it did our glory years. The amenities are light years better, parking and tailgating is light years better as well.

The common component is we were winning and played games that had meaning and importance. Meaningless crappy games regardless of where it will never fill up and be crazy, but meaningful games they will show.

From a recruiting standpoint, again as evidenced, it does not matter where we play, what matters is that we win, with NIL we can now be even better while we keep winning, prove we can put players in the league like we did in the past. We do this and recruiting will be where we want it to be.

With that said, if we are winning, playing in a legit NFL highly regarded and thought of stadium that is home to major and important events does help in being and added bonus in your sales pitch. It doesn’t close the deal or make the deal, but it does aid in softening up a little the recruit you are trying to sell in coming here. Impressionable young minds with aspirations of making it to the NFL playing and being in a highly thought of stadium, with proof of playing on a winning team and proof that the place is rocking in big games. Nothing more nothing the less. That is the benefit of all these things.

Financially yes it benefits Ross more, but there are some intangible benefits to the program, so long as we start winning.

Advertisement
Everything else might be debatable but this elevates Hard Kock Stadium's cache as a world class venue even moar so that ain't a bad thing. It kinda make the UiF type of mouthbreefers that like to pretend we still play at an antiquated Joe Robbie seem like idiots. The younger demographics see the place hosting F1 and futbol and Super Bowls and National Championship games along with how developed the outside is too.

Let me first preface this by saying that I am one hoping and praying UM gets their own stadium.

Now for the but.

The fact of the matter is this program and stadium issue is quite different than most schools and we have the evidence to support it. Firstly, the old girl. She was disgusting dilapidated antiquated just downright uncomfortable and glorious at the same time when the place was packed and rocking. Was not on campus, yes was closer, but still not on campus. Parking, though fond memories of no blockie, was atrocious and inconvenient, and amenities were none to speak of. The reason we wax nostalgically about the place was due to the great success which led to amazing fun times. But even in our heyday the crappy teams we would go up against the place was half full.

Fast forward now to JRS (I will always call it Joe Robbie Stadium) we have our proof with that wonderful season and the ND and Va Tech massacre. With the improvements made to the stadium the experience has been better for a prime time matchup game. We know the place can rock like it did our glory years. The amenities are light years better, parking and tailgating is light years better as well.

The common component is we were winning and played games that had meaning and importance. Meaningless crappy games regardless of where it will never fill up and be crazy, but meaningful games they will show.

From a recruiting standpoint, again as evidenced, it does not matter where we play, what matters is that we win, with NIL we can now be even better while we keep winning, prove we can put players in the league like we did in the past. We do this and recruiting will be where we want it to be.

With that said, if we are winning, playing in a legit NFL highly regarded and thought of stadium that is home to major and important events does help in being and added bonus in your sales pitch. It doesn’t close the deal or make the deal, but it does aid in softening up a little the recruit you are trying to sell in coming here. Impressionable young minds with aspirations of making it to the NFL playing and being in a highly thought of stadium, with proof of playing on a winning team and proof that the place is rocking in big games. Nothing more nothing the less. That is the benefit of all these things.

Financially yes it benefits Ross more, but there are some intangible benefits to the program, so long as we start winning.

- I agree w/ ur sentiments, however my point is strictly from a revenue standpoint. We post things at HRS like “hey, look at this fantastic event that’s happening at our home” & in reality these fantastic events don’t move the needle for The University of Miami.

Listen, I’m a vet in sales; I know how we’ve presented HRS & I know we love to hold on to those two games in 2017, but part of sales is selling a dream. It’s a dream to think we’re benefiting from Ross using HIS Stadium to make HIM more $$, & somehow we’re the benefactors. HRS was Sunlife before, right?

Were we bragging about Wrestle Mania 28 being here?

Were we bragging about Orange Bowls being played here since the OB got deconstructed?

What about all the concerts this stadium has been hosting?

So y all of a sudden every time an event is thrown here, even though we’ve been tenants since 2007, it’s highlighted? It just feels like these things r only mentioned by this fan base to justify why playing in HRS is a good thing b/c it’s a “world class venue.” We make jack chit on this “world class venue”; yet, r so quick to make post like these, & I feel like it coincides with talks of “possibly” having our stadium. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it certainly feels that way.

- I agree w/ ur sentiments, however my point is strictly from a revenue standpoint. We post things at HRS like “hey, look at this fantastic event that’s happening at our home” & in reality these fantastic events don’t move the needle for The University of Miami.

Listen, I’m a vet in sales; I know how we’ve presented HRS & I know we love to hold on to those two games in 2017, but part of sales is selling a dream. It’s a dream to think we’re benefiting from Ross using HIS Stadium to make HIM more $$, & somehow we’re the benefactors. HRS was Sunlife before, right?

Were we bragging about Wrestle Mania 28 being here?

Were we bragging about Orange Bowls being played here since the OB got deconstructed?

What about all the concerts this stadium has been hosting?

So y all of a sudden every time an event is thrown here, even though we’ve been tenants since 2007, it’s highlighted? It just feels like these things r only mentioned by this fan base to justify why playing in HRS is a good thing b/c it’s a “world class venue.” We make jack chit on this “world class venue”; yet, r so quick to make post like these, & I feel like it coincides with talks of “possibly” having our stadium. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it certainly feels that way.
Understand your point, and as I stated, from a revenue standpoint it does nothing. From a bene standpoint it just adds to the sales pitch but doesn’t close the deal either.

Yes it does seem to aid the people that just want to stay at JRS.

Simply put it is nice to play in such a venue, this program is an outlier in regards to needing it’s own stadium to win. Would we be better off with our own stadium? **** yes and people would be foolish not to think so

Advertisement
Where's the link for this?

Gotta be real, I'd be crazy interested in making a trip down that way for a WC match.

Any World Cup game in Miami is a good thing. Hope Miami will be considered for the Final or at least a semifinal.

Advertisement
Back