Hard Rock gets World Cup bid

Advertisement
**** near every school got mentioned, except us. Lol
The VT and ND games in 2017 were the worst thing to happen to us longterm from that standpoint. That was decades-worth of fervor and rage that culminated in one very spirited crowd for a half against ND. The VT crowd was fine but Rosier's interceptions sapped our strength. You can toss-in the UVA game the following week for good measure since the crowd woke up after UVA built an early lead.

That pocket of time is now what every card-carrying Broward and PBC resident allude to whenever photos are shown of sleeping fans inside the sprawl known as HRS. That's if they're even in their seat when the jumbotron camera pans to them. More than likely they're lounging in AC somewhere doing coke in a bathroom stall to shake-off hours-worth of early tailgating.

It's a wonderful venue for pro sports, concerts, racing, polo...but not CFB. I was at the best CFB ever played there (Michigan vs Alabama) and those moments are few and far between, whereas a 35-40k crowd at noon in the OB often felt like the place was about come down. Major difference imo.

The VT and ND games in 2017 were the worst thing to happen to us longterm from that standpoint. That was decades-worth of fervor and rage that culminated in one very spirited crowd for a half against ND. The VT crowd was fine but Rosier's interceptions sapped our strength. You can toss-in the UVA game the following week for good measure since the crowd woke up after UVA built an early lead.

That pocket of time is now what every card-carrying Broward and PBC resident allude to whenever photos are shown of sleeping fans inside the sprawl known as HRS. That's if they're even in their seat when the jumbotron camera pans to them. More than likely they're lounging in AC somewhere doing coke in a bathroom stall to shake-off hours-worth of early tailgating.

It's a wonderful venue for pro sports, concerts, racing, polo...but not CFB. I was at the best CFB ever played there (Michigan vs Alabama) and those moments are few and far between, whereas a 35-40k crowd at noon in the OB often felt like the place was about come down. Major difference imo.

Right; and honestly, if u can use only 2 games out of the 100’s of the games that’s been played at this stadium for an argument, it’s probably not the best; especially when said 2 games happened 5 yrs ago. Lol.

HRS is a great venue for entertainment & professional sports, however when I tune in, that stadium doesn’t remotely feel like our home. Granted, I last visited this stadium back in 2007, & I know the schematics have changed since then, but I remember the feel in ‘07 that it didn’t feel like home, & that’s when it at least had orange seats! Lol. I think the coffin drop for me was when HRS landscape crew didn’t have the decency to change the TD paint scheme which was for the Dolphins (the argyle joint). The taped up banners, the faded U painted on haphazardly on the 50, the bland “Miami” in the end zones, the teal seats; I mean, nothing feels like Hurricanes home game.

Using the anomaly of ND & VT which was a crescendo effect in 2017 doesn’t move me. I’ve been to the OB when it was like 30-40k fans & I went to Sun Life twice when it was about 25-40k fans (maybe), & it felt totally different. Seeing it on TV felt different, too. I understand this is where we play, & it is what it is. If we get a new stadium fine, if we don’t it’s whatever; but, the notion to continually lay our hats on 2017 or that we play in a “world class stadium” to justify staying if another option becomes available is comical to me.

I, at least, want to be in a position where we are an operating partner, so we can get some of this world class $$.

Just peep these two articles: One for how much Ross is taking in for owning a world class stadium & the other is how much he’s making off of us.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Get the fūck over it. You go wherever they play the games and stop whining about it. If we build a new stadium go there, if we don’t, then you’re stuck at HRS, so you better enjoy it or just leave it to us diehards, we’ll hold it down like we always have. While the complainers are outside looking in, posting bullshlt on the game day board.

Get the fūck over it. You go wherever they play the games and stop whining about it. If we build a new stadium go there, if we don’t, then you’re stuck at HRS, so you better enjoy it or just leave it to us diehards, we’ll hold it down like we always have. While the complainers are outside looking in, posting bullshlt on the game day board.
A majority of the fans that trash HRS don't even go to the games. LOL

I can tell you one thing the majority of the fans at the stadium love it there.

A majority of the fans that trash HRS don't even go to the games. LOL

I can tell you one thing the majority of the fans at the stadium love it there.

This is the truth. You’ll find the vast majority of people that actually go to games love it there, doesn’t matter if they’re from Broward or Dade or further.

If they build a new stadium, which right now I still think is not very highly likely, of course I’ll support that and go there, but I don’t see the point in shltting on where we play now. It just really feeds into the trolls and haters.

Advertisement
I like the Hard Rock. If we’re great again, it will be the most electric and loudest stadium in the country. I don’t want a small venue to satisfy the people who don’t go to the games anyway. The team, not the stadium, is the problem. I’ve been to them all. The kids LOVE playing in a professional stadium. We’ll be fine. Just win

This is the truth. You’ll find the vast majority of people that actually go to games love it there, doesn’t matter if they’re from Broward or Dade or further.

If they build a new stadium, which right now I still think is not very highly likely, of course I’ll support that and go there, but I don’t see the point in shltting on where we play now. It just really feeds into the trolls and haters.
Imagine going from a world class stadium that hosts the most prolific sporting events in the world to a 40,000 seat soccer stadium because it's closer to the campus.

SunLife is a soul-less structure in casa mamalao de la pinga. I know most of you live for driving and are so teaming with Stockholm syndrome that you think sitting in traffic is a good use of time, but demanding nothing less than a stadium < 5 miles from campus is the way to go. Think of all the fun you'd have if, in addition to activities you undertake at SunLife, you DIDN'T have to sit in swamp *** traffic for 45-55 minutes, then add all the urban and youth that can now access the stadium bc of public transit options. If you build it they will come.

I like the Hard Rock. If we’re great again, it will be the most electric and loudest stadium in the country. I don’t want a small venue to satisfy the people who don’t go to the games anyway. The team, not the stadium, is the problem. I’ve been to them all. The kids LOVE playing in a professional stadium. We’ll be fine. Just win
Sounds like you drive .33 miles to the Dollar Store on a daily basis.

Advertisement
SunLife is a soul-less structure in casa mamalao de la pinga. I know most of you live for driving and are so teaming with Stockholm syndrome that you think sitting in traffic is a good use of time, but demanding nothing less than a stadium < 5 miles from campus is the way to go. Think of all the fun you'd have if, in addition to activities you undertake at SunLife, you DIDN'T have to sit in swamp *** traffic for 45-55 minutes, then add all the urban and youth that can now access the stadium bc of public transit options. If you build it they will come.
Cono!
You sound like the typical Canes fan that doesn’t go to a lot of games. It’s Miami bro. You’re going to sit in traffic no matter where the stadium is on game day! Every Miami fan knows that if the team is winning , the fans will show up…… For BIG GAMES !
No matter where the stadium is and the same 30k to 40k die hard fans will show up for every game. Everyone knows this!
The people that don’t go to games will still be on message boards complaining about how much Hard Rock sucks and stupid ****t like traffic. It’s a Canes Thing…

Advertisement
As long as HRS continues to get premier events, the owner will keep treating it like a premier venue. That means consistently updating/upgrading amenities and making the stadium a world class experience for fans. Whether it’s UM, Dolphins, F1 or The Rolling Stones. Meanwhile FSU is trying to funnel county tax dollars to fix urinals at their on campus dump, we play in one of the world’s premier venues.

People like to wax poetic about the Orange Bowl because the team was really good there for 20 years. Of course the games are awesome when you’re the best team in the country. People conveniently forget the BiG East Nooners against Temple that 30,000 people would show up for and the fact that games were pretty poorly attended for years before they moved. I know. I was at them all. If I’m going to sit in a quiet stadium with 30,000 other people, at least let me sit in a reasonably comfortable chair. In the shade. With an actual cold beer.

Last edited:
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

Cono!
You sound like the typical Canes fan that doesn’t go to a lot of games. It’s Miami bro. You’re going to sit in traffic no matter where the stadium is on game day! Every Miami fan knows that if the team is winning , the fans will show up…… For BIG GAMES !
No matter where the stadium is and the same 30k to 40k die hard fans will show up for every game. Everyone knows this!
The people that don’t go to games will still be on message boards complaining about how much Hard Rock sucks and stupid ****t like traffic. It’s a Canes Thing…

Lol at his “sitting in traffic” … old OB traffic was horrible too, and don’t even mention the parking and getting blocked in 98% of the time lol

Amen!!

Advertisement
Back