Harbor 2.2

Amen brother. We could chat about this all day long because I’ve essentially lived two lives. I didn’t have anyone to teach me these things when I was younger so I learned the hard way, bigtime.

And younger people won’t understand how mind boggling the current climate is because they’ve never seen the alternatives.

Yeah, I don’t want to get too sidetracked here, the point is, how much finance is taught in school, I mean high school. Like none. And then people go off to college and unless you’re a business major, you’re not gonna mess with it. That’s why so many people are in debt and get into trouble financially they just have never been shown a path.

Advertisement
Yeah, I don’t want to get too sidetracked here, the point is, how much finance is taught in school, I mean high school. Like none. And then people go off to college and unless you’re a business major, you’re not gonna mess with it. That’s why so many people are in debt and get into trouble financially they just have never been shown a path.
It’s a good topic with these kids getting money that could potentially put them on a course that sets them up for life even if they don’t play football down the road

And we know there’s plenty of people looking to take advantage of them as well

I have several friends who moved to Oregon, bro. True story:

So one of my friends stopped at a gas station right after the Cali border. He says dudes so his license plate & hella grilled him about his move to Oregon & blah blah blah. My boy said these mofos really don’t want Cali residents to move to Oregon. Like at all! Lol

From what I understand, part of the reason the housing market surged & low key sucks is b/c many transplants start moving to Oregon & that’s to discourage them. The other issue I found was their public schooling sucks, so private schools is the way to go. Also, w/ no sales tax, u do save a ton of money via everyday purchases.

Same in Idaho, but at least in Idaho it’s don’t come here with your politics and raise our taxes because you broke your own state, ya ****ers

Real quick way to spot the old guys on the board is seeing who brings up cost of living and tax implications
HOW ABOUT PUTTING ALL THOSE SAVINGS IN A ROTH WHILE YOU STILL CAN, YOUNG BLOOD

IF YOU START NOW YOU CAN ROLL OVER CONTRIBUTIONS FROM LAST YEAR. A YOUNG MAN IN YOUR SITUATION COULD PUT AWAY UP TO 13K IN TAX FREE CONTRIBUTIONS, MY G

Advertisement

So one of my friends stopped at a gas station right after the Cali border. He says dudes so his license plate & hella grilled him about his move to Oregon & blah blah blah. My boy said these mofos really don’t want Cali residents to move to Oregon. Like at all! Lol

From what I understand, part of the reason the housing market surged & low key sucks is b/c many transplants start moving to Oregon & that’s to discourage them. The other issue I found was their public schooling sucks, so private schools is the way to go. Also, w/ no sales tax, u do save a ton of money via everyday purchases.
Yeah I’ve got friends out there as well they say the same ****. We are seeing that on the east coast as well where people started leaving the NYC/Philly/Boston/DC areas and gravitating south where there was actual land and it was affordable. But now those areas are getting out of hand haha.

Nobody wants Californians, New Yorkers, or Illinoisans moving in.

Advertisement
And what percentage of the people living in each area earns 100k salary. Pray tell.
What are you even talking about? I’m talking about potential tax implications for a football players NIL deal of 100k a year and now you want commentary on the socioeconomic census of two different locations with apparently the same cost of living?

HOW ABOUT PUTTING ALL THOSE SAVINGS IN A ROTH WHILE YOU STILL CAN, YOUNG BLOOD

IF YOU START NOW YOU CAN ROLL OVER CONTRIBUTIONS FROM LAST YEAR. A YOUNG MAN IN YOUR SITUATION COULD PUT AWAY UP TO 13K IN TAX FREE CONTRIBUTIONS, MY G
You laugh, but if this kid maxes out his Roth over the next 4 years he could buy 3 condos in Sarasota in 40 years.

Advertisement
Same in Idaho, but at least in Idaho it’s don’t come here with your politics and raise our taxes because you broke your own state, ya ****ers

Idaho?!

Not as cool as California, Oregon, or Washington, and not as scenic as Montana or Wyoming...

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Lmmfao! U better say it😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
If an 18 year old maxed out their Roth IRA ($6500) every year and had 8% gains annually, they'd have $1.8 mil tax free by the time they were 58. That's just the cherry on top.
The Cherry on Top was yesterday for me.
Work my *** off for 38yrs
Smart Investments (nothing stupid)
A Very Lucrative Hobby
Retired at 59...but I agree with your premise.

Advertisement
Back