Harbor 2.2

Advertisement
Amazing too that these kids never think of the tax implication with some of these states. Oregon I believe has an income tax rate around 9-10% for over 100k in income. I wonder how many of these kids even think about or are advised of that?
Thats not the only thing people consider. Florida has no income tax, yet living here is becoming increasingly unaffordable. Our yearly property rax went from $4,400 to like $6,200 in November. The insurance market is destroyed. And i dont even know what renters are facing. Plus u factor things like health insurance. I will pay more income tax to not deal with these things. I dont know how Oregon is but just dropping income tax people pay like its the only thing that matters makes no sense.

Thats not the only thing people consider. Florida has no income tax, yet living here is becoming increasingly unaffordable. Our yearly property rax went from $4,400 to like $6,200 in November. The insurance market is destroyed. And i dont even know what renters are facing. Plus u factor things like health insurance. I will pay more income tax to not deal with these things. I dont know how Oregon is but just dropping income tax people pay like its the only thing that matters makes no sense.
The cost of living is significantly higher in Oregon and anywhere on the west coast.

Advertisement

Using this tool it looks like pre tax it costs 400 bucks more to live in Miami than it does Eugene. Factor in taxes and you walk away with about 7-9k more in your pocket living in Miami vs Eugene if you have a 100k salary.

Some of us *gasp* actually just like the vibe better on the West Coast and are willing to accept some trade offs to live here.

Advertisement
Like i said, i aint advocating for anywhere i never lived or research the cost of living but just saying 1 place has income tax and one doesnt aint gonna be the only factor someone considers when u pay for many other things.

Advertisement

Using this tool it looks like pre tax it costs 400 bucks more to live in Miami than it does Eugene. Factor in taxes and you walk away with about 7-9k more in your pocket living in Miami vs Eugene if you have a 100k salary.
And what percentage of the people living in each area earns 100k salary. Pray tell.

Advertisement
Probably not as much pre-NIL. But if this all legal/taxable money now, it would have a pretty significant impact.

That’s why a lot of schools like Bama are still doing under the table bags, as well as NIL, because no tax implications with illicit bags. It’s no hassle money. Emmert let his boy Saban, and Georgia among others, get away with it for at least a decade or more, so nothing stopping them from doing it now.

Nah, I gotcha, but probably a lot of people in their 40s don’t consider cost of living and tax implications, as much as they should when they’re faced with decisions.
Amen brother. We could chat about this all day long because I’ve essentially lived two lives. I didn’t have anyone to teach me these things when I was younger so I learned the hard way, bigtime.

And younger people won’t understand how mind boggling the current climate is because they’ve never seen the alternatives.

I'm trying to set up my families move to Oregon as we speak. Income tax sucks from my research, and most of the good football high schools are in the Portland area and outskirts. I'm trying to stay out of Portland. Housing market is a bit pricey in the places i wanna stay. Trying to figure this thing out before Summer.

I have several friends who moved to Oregon, bro. True story:

So one of my friends stopped at a gas station right after the Cali border. He says dudes saw his license plate & hella grilled him about his move to Oregon & blah blah blah. My boy said these mofos really don’t want Cali residents to move to Oregon. Like at all! Lol

From what I understand, part of the reason the housing market surged & low key sucks is b/c many transplants start moving to Oregon & that’s to discourage them. The other issue I found was their public schooling sucks, so private schools is the way to go. Also, w/ no sales tax, u do save a ton of money via everyday purchases.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back