Half glass full view

Before last season I said top 30 easily.
To make ammends with that prediction I'm going to up the ante and say top 20 easily.
I jumped ahead of schedule last season but this year Top 20 would right on it.
2015 we should be top 10.
Expectations remain high.

Advertisement
CaneAlmighty:
Those of yous doubting the defense will be pleasantly surprised.
Top 30 defense easily. May break a defensive turnaround record.

Lol at CaneAlmighty, he was touting our #8 ranked defense over the last 3 weeks. He actually thought the defense played well against UL. The guy can't see the bigger picture and hangs on whatever small victory he can to prop up al golden. Its unraveling now and the only thing he has left to say is that he is looking at things "with a glass half full view."

Even if we win miraculously win the coastal (lol), I want golden gone. He's a detriment to the program and more importantly the players and their development. Losses I can take, but killing kids careers cause you can't stand the idea of losing your best friend and believe your way is the only way when its clearly failed is simply unacceptable.

Hey op, why don't you tell everyone how you ran away from the WEZ after you ran your knobgobbler and couldn't handle everyone pointing and laughing at you like the drooling imbecile that you are.

Half full? We are well on our way to a 4, 5 or maybe 6 win season, and THAT will be the end of Folden.

How is that?

Advertisement
Is there any doubt that KlanAlmighty and lrg83 aka DaU83 are dyed in the wool racists?

Both of these guys wanted Shannon fired the second he was hired, yet make excuse after excuse for Golden.

Clearly you missed something Almighty says he was 100% behind Shannon in year 4. He's been a nightmarish critic of Golden demanding that he figure out how to convert 3rd downs so his "the defense would be good if not for the offense" theorem could come true.

Is there any doubt that KlanAlmighty and lrg83 aka DaU83 are dyed in the wool racists?

Both of these guys wanted Shannon fired the second he was hired, yet make excuse after excuse for Golden.

whooaa there lil fella. big time accusations. If that is how you choose to rationalize things than go right ahead.. Really could care less.

I know this is going to be a waste of time but I've listed by reasons before.
Basically.
Shannon was a retread hire from a failed regime.
No experience as HC.
No Track record as HC
Lack of social and communication skills needed to further the program on and off the field.

Reason for giving Golden more benefit of the doubt
5 years experience as a HC
Impressed with his turnaround of temple into a 9 win bowl team.
Good social and communication skills to be effective leader.

My reasons for one over the other are grounded on facts and widely accepted opinions of the time.

My further support of Golden were grounded on the bad hand he was dealt with the Shapiro fiasco, shoddy depth and talent.
My stance before the season was this year was no excuses. None of been given by me yet.. Never excused any loss to a freshman QB or anything else. All I've said is we'll see what happens.

LIke I said, if you think this is racist... You're problem to worry about.

Clearly you missed something Almighty says he was 100% behind Shannon in year 4. He's been a nightmarish critic of Golden demanding that he figure out how to convert 3rd downs so his "the defense would be good if not for the offense" theorem could come true.

I'm flattered. Never knew you followed my postings. You should have commented on them instead of being a ghost follower.

Advertisement

whooaa there lil fella. big time accusations. If that is how you choose to rationalize things than go right ahead.. Really could care less.

Basically.
No experience as HC.
No Track record as HC
Lack of social and communication skills needed to further the program on and off the field.

My reasons for one over the other are grounded on facts and widely accepted opinions of the time.

My further support of Golden were grounded on the bad hand he was dealt with the Shapiro fiasco, shoddy depth and talent.
My stance before the season was this year was no excuses. None of been given by me yet.. Never excused any loss to a freshman QB or anything else. All I've said is we'll see what happens.

:jordan:

LOL. That was my favorite thing this offseason. And also "The VT game was a freak thing. Fumbles will never happen again."

Last edited:
Yes, I was cursing the staff all game especially on Defense for not doing a dam thing to adjust. Yes, I'm as disappointed as anyone, but there are some positives.

1. Despite a cluster *** of a defensive game plan, the team was in position to take the lead late in the 3rd qtr. Duke's fumble put us in a 10 point deficit when in all signs pointed towards our offense driving down and scoring the go ahead TD to put us up 4. This changes the game completely. Not saying we would have won, just saying that we would have put ourselves in a good position to win on the road in a tough environment with a TRUE FRESHMAN QB.

2. The team didn't quit. This was a plus for me. Any sign of the team quitting would have meant the end for the season and quite possibly Golden. But they didn't.. They kept on fighting, literately til the end.

3. Kaaya.. This was his 4th game which kind of Reminded me of Dorsey's 5th vs Washington and possibly better. Kid hung tough and made some good throws. Still needs more experience but he looks like our future QB for the next 3 years.

4. This team, in-spite of the coaching staff, can still win the coastal. Yes they can still win the coastal.. Nothing I've seen from us and the coastal teams says we can't.

Like I, a Golden supporter, and other have stated, no excuses this year. Show us something or kick rocks. 4 games in and he hasn't shown us anything except give lynch mob more fuel, which is fine. However the season is far from over.. Al still has a chance to amend the season. We'll see how it goes.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion but I don't get this.

"4. This team, in-spite of the coaching staff, can still win the coastal. Yes they can still win the coastal.. Nothing I've seen from us and the coastal teams says we can't. "

And what would be the point. You admitted that the coaching staff is a problem.
So even if the somehow win the coastal...in the long term the problems will still be there.

Advertisement
Yes, I was cursing the staff all game especially on Defense for not doing a dam thing to adjust. Yes, I'm as disappointed as anyone, but there are some positives.

1. Despite a cluster *** of a defensive game plan, the team was in position to take the lead late in the 3rd qtr. Duke's fumble put us in a 10 point deficit when in all signs pointed towards our offense driving down and scoring the go ahead TD to put us up 4. This changes the game completely. Not saying we would have won, just saying that we would have put ourselves in a good position to win on the road in a tough environment with a TRUE FRESHMAN QB.

2. The team didn't quit. This was a plus for me. Any sign of the team quitting would have meant the end for the season and quite possibly Golden. But they didn't.. They kept on fighting, literately til the end.

3. Kaaya.. This was his 4th game which kind of Reminded me of Dorsey's 5th vs Washington and possibly better. Kid hung tough and made some good throws. Still needs more experience but he looks like our future QB for the next 3 years.

4. This team, in-spite of the coaching staff, can still win the coastal. Yes they can still win the coastal.. Nothing I've seen from us and the coastal teams says we can't.

Like I, a Golden supporter, and other have stated, no excuses this year. Show us something or kick rocks. 4 games in and he hasn't shown us anything except give lynch mob more fuel, which is fine. However the season is far from over.. Al still has a chance to amend the season. We'll see how it goes.

"4. This team, in-spite of the coaching staff, can still win the coastal. Yes they can still win the coastal.. Nothing I've seen from us and the coastal teams says we can't. "

So even if the somehow win the coastal...in the long term the problems will still be there.

I dunno ask guys like Denzel, Chickillo, Duke who is more than likely leaving if being the first Hurricanes team to win the coastal division with a possibility of winning the ACC is important to them?
LIke I said, things will take care of themselves if this coaching staff is not the answer.

I dunno ask guys like Denzel, Chickillo, Duke who is more than likely leaving if being the first Hurricanes team to win the coastal division with a possibility of winning the ACC is important to them?
LIke I said, things will take care of themselves if this coaching staff is not the answer.

So let me ask you this then.
After witnessing the incompetent defensive game plan for Nebraska, that virtually gave us zero chance to numerically win the point of attack.
Against a QB that does not pass the ball very well.
In this the fourth year of this regime.
In your personal opinion is the coaching regime the answer??

Basically.
No experience as HC.
No Track record as HC

Now hole up and wait a **** minute almighty. You just told us that you "took the same approach" with both coaches now you're launching into some explanation for how you've chosen to give one more benefit of the doubt than the other. Hmmmm

Advertisement

After witnessing the incompetent defensive game plan for Nebraska, that virtually gave us zero chance to numerically win the point of attack.

I've supported Golden to this point and stated before that this is their make or break season and giving them the rest of the season to prove if they are or aren't. Right now it doesn't look good. They backed themselves into a corner with their approach. Only way out of it is by changing their approach.

I've supported Golden to this point and stated before that this is their make or break season and giving them the rest of the season to prove if they are or aren't. Right now it doesn't look good. They backed themselves into a corner with their approach. Only way out of it is by changing their approach.

Well Golden said their is nothing wrong with their approach...so I expect no changes.

spilled_milk.gif
spill.gif
o-SPILLED-WINE-facebook.jpg

**** WINNING THE COASTAL!!!!! IS THAT A BAROMETER FOR SUCCESS NOW? thats the easy way out. Acc Champs should be the yearly minimum goal. PERIOD!!

Advertisement
Back