Half glass full view

CaneAlmighty

Band
Banned
Yes, I was cursing the staff all game especially on Defense for not doing a dam thing to adjust. Yes, I'm as disappointed as anyone, but there are some positives.

1. Despite a cluster *** of a defensive game plan, the team was in position to take the lead late in the 3rd qtr. Duke's fumble put us in a 10 point deficit when in all signs pointed towards our offense driving down and scoring the go ahead TD to put us up 4. This changes the game completely. Not saying we would have won, just saying that we would have put ourselves in a good position to win on the road in a tough environment with a TRUE FRESHMAN QB.

2. The team didn't quit. This was a plus for me. Any sign of the team quitting would have meant the end for the season and quite possibly Golden. But they didn't.. They kept on fighting, literately til the end.

3. Kaaya.. This was his 4th game which kind of Reminded me of Dorsey's 5th vs Washington and possibly better. Kid hung tough and made some good throws. Still needs more experience but he looks like our future QB for the next 3 years.

4. This team, in-spite of the coaching staff, can still win the coastal. Yes they can still win the coastal.. Nothing I've seen from us and the coastal teams says we can't.

Like I, a Golden supporter, and other have stated, no excuses this year. Show us something or kick rocks. 4 games in and he hasn't shown us anything except give lynch mob more fuel, which is fine. However the season is far from over.. Al still has a chance to amend the season. We'll see how it goes.

Advertisement
3941484306_guy_cheerleader_12788_xlarge.jpeg

Yes, I was cursing the staff all game especially on Defense for not doing a dam thing to adjust. Yes, I'm as disappointed as anyone, but there are some positives.

1. Despite a cluster *** of a defensive game plan, the team was in position to take the lead late in the 3rd qtr. Duke's fumble put us in a 10 point deficit when in all signs pointed towards our offense driving down and scoring the go ahead TD to put us up 4. This changes the game completely. Not saying we would have won, just saying that we would have put ourselves in a good position to win on the road in a tough environment with a TRUE FRESHMAN QB.

2. The team didn't quit. This was a plus for me. Any sign of the team quitting would have meant the end for the season and quite possibly Golden. But they didn't.. They kept on fighting, literately til the end.

3. Kaaya.. This was his 4th game which kind of Reminded me of Dorsey's 5th vs Washington and possibly better. Kid hung tough and made some good throws. Still needs more experience but he looks like our future QB for the next 3 years.

4. This team, in-spite of the coaching staff, can still win the coastal. Yes they can still win the coastal.. Nothing I've seen from us and the coastal teams says we can't.

Like I, a Golden supporter, and other have stated, no excuses this year. Show us something or kick rocks. 4 games in and he hasn't shown us anything except give lynch mob more fuel, which is fine. However the season is far from over.. Al still has a chance to amend the season. We'll see how it goes.

I try, for the kids, to see the bright side in our loses. However, I am at the point where there is no bright side.

Advertisement
I actually felt like the coaches quit! What the **** was the offense in the last four minutes?

And why did we not change ANYTHING on defense? If your multiple, then you should have multiple sets you can use on D to negate what they are doing.... It wasn't just bad tackling, it was getting MAN HANDLED on the LOS! Get more big players on the field. I would have gone to a mother****ing Goal Line D if I kept watching that ****!

I still support these players, I hope we ******* win out. But I can guarantee you, even if we win out at this point there will be staff changes forced! Because even if we pull out the wins the D will still get gashed in more than a few games.....

Advertisement
The only positives to take from that game is that our team finally showed some balls for the first time since Virginia tech in 2011. If we continue that nasty approach in our remaining games we will have a chance to win despite our pathetic coaching staff.

The only positives to take from that game is that our team finally showed some balls for the first time since Virginia tech in 2011. If we continue that nasty approach in our remaining games we will have a chance to win despite our pathetic coaching staff.

Im done with meaningless wins and the only team left on this schedule id be impressed with us beating is fsu so yeah lets go get a coach who doesnt employ sorry *** coordinators

Advertisement

We'll see how it goes ???? Nah, we KNOW how it'll go...The way it's been going for the past FOUR years....Golden's time is up...no more "renewed" and "trending up" and "we"re not where we wanna be" ****. When the **** will we be where we want to be ? Never, with this staff.

Advertisement
hey OP, I thought if wyche makes the team we end up with a top 10 defense. Where's wyche at?

Advertisement
Back