Half glass full view

Yes, I was cursing the staff all game especially on Defense for not doing a dam thing to adjust. Yes, I'm as disappointed as anyone, but there are some positives.

1. Despite a cluster *** of a defensive game plan, the team was in position to take the lead late in the 3rd qtr. Duke's fumble put us in a 10 point deficit when in all signs pointed towards our offense driving down and scoring the go ahead TD to put us up 4. This changes the game completely. Not saying we would have won, just saying that we would have put ourselves in a good position to win on the road in a tough environment with a TRUE FRESHMAN QB.

2. The team didn't quit. This was a plus for me. Any sign of the team quitting would have meant the end for the season and quite possibly Golden. But they didn't.. They kept on fighting, literately til the end.

3. Kaaya.. This was his 4th game which kind of Reminded me of Dorsey's 5th vs Washington and possibly better. Kid hung tough and made some good throws. Still needs more experience but he looks like our future QB for the next 3 years.

4. This team, in-spite of the coaching staff, can still win the coastal. Yes they can still win the coastal.. Nothing I've seen from us and the coastal teams says we can't.

Like I, a Golden supporter, and other have stated, no excuses this year. Show us something or kick rocks. 4 games in and he hasn't shown us anything except give lynch mob more fuel, which is fine. However the season is far from over.. Al still has a chance to amend the season. We'll see how it goes.

:toadster:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back