Had we recruited Ice's son...........

Had we recruited Ice son this staff would have been held hostage to not only keep him at QB but also to start him. This staff has recruited him just not as a QB. It was Teron Harris personal decision to play QB in college, when the world knows he should play DB. There has only been 2 successful NFL QB's under 6 feet in the past 20 years. Lets stop acting like this kid is a all world QB prospect that this staff is just overlooking. On the other hand he is a all world athlete and will be moved to DB once he gets to Tallahassee.

There are currently 6, D1 prospects on BTW's roster and 4 of them are committed to Miami
1. Chad Thomas 5 star committed to Miami
2. Treon Harris 4 star committed to FSU
3. Demetrius Jackson 4 star committed to Miami
4. Nigel Bethell II 4 star committed to Miami
5. Lamar Parker 3 star committed to West Virginia
6. Mark Walton 4 star committed to Miami

The only recruit that hurts is Thomas and that kid was never coming to Miami. The offensive line is stacked and this staff is pulling in the best offensive line class in the nation.

Exactly. LOL Cats acting like the staff doesnt know who Treon Harris is or they havent seen him play. Sht the dude is right in town, Im quite sure they scouted the **** out of the kid. I doubt they went all the way to Alabama to offer Rozier, or offered Edouard, over Harris because Harris was so great.

My guess is Coley wanted to bring in two QBs. One a solid higher rated prospect, and the other more of a dual threat "project". In terms of that, Rozier or Edouard fit that bill better. Both had the physical tools to grow into that type of QB, and they didnt come with the potential baggage of the Harris clan.

Advertisement
I lol at you guys saying Bridgewater was a mistake by this coaching staff. He choose to play for a Black coach only reason he didn't come here and if he did we would be in the same spot maybe worse. Our d is bad and Bridgewater plays in a very bad conference. Not one of those teams can really play a full season of football in the acc (so hard to say that with a straight face).

Good thing we will get to see the inferior UofL and overrated Teddy play our team in a bowl this year.

ive watched a lot of teddys games this year and he really didnt have that great of competition to go against, not knocking on his skills at all, but i would really like to see him play a good team, now im not saying our D is amazing but it would be interesting to see how he does against us and how coach ****head plans the game

Might want to watch a replay of last years sugar bowl against that top 10 UF defense...

an uninspired top ten defense yea i saw that game, they obviously didnt want to be there

I disagree that we would have been forced to start him. That's BS. We have numbers this class. You bring him in as a QB and tell him that he's going to have to beat everyone out for the job. If he does, then so be it. He's the starter. If not, then he'll either transfer or switch positions. Either way, you bring him in, secure the most influential player on the best HS team in the country, and rally the rest of the other local SoFla recruits. Give him a fair shot. I refuse to believe he's worse than Rosier. That's crazy. Is he really more of a stretch than Ray Lewis III? Absolutely not.

Advertisement
Big miss by the staff.

LMFAO at big miss. Treon isn't that good to be considered a big miss. Jesus.

Good enough for a team in the National Title Game, universal 4* ATH (Top 15 player at most positions he is projected at)...yet, not good enough for Miami...the same Miami that has commitments from Rosier, Dennis Turner, Ryan Mayes...

Last edited:
BTW is a school that has historically sent kids to Miami. With Thomas last year and now Harris, the last thing you want is even the semblance of a bridge being built. Crush that isht now. The kid is a football player. So what if he wants to be a QQ? Bring him in. Give him a chance. If he fails, he'll switch positions like many of these kids end up doing anyhow. The reality is that bringing him in has political implications, and whether anyone wants to believe or acknowledge that is really irrelevant. Recruiting is a game built on strategy. IMO, Golden, for as much as I'm a fan of his, missed here.

BTW is a school that has historically sent kids to Miami. With Thomas last year and now Harris, the last thing you want is even the semblance of a bridge being built. Crush that isht now. The kid is a football player. So what if he wants to be a QQ? Bring him in. Give him a chance. If he fails, he'll switch positions like many of these kids end up doing anyhow. The reality is that bringing him in has political implications, and whether anyone wants to believe or acknowledge that is really irrelevant. Recruiting is a game built on strategy. IMO, Golden, for as much as I'm a fan of his, missed here.

What happens if Kaaya or Olsen starts next year and Ice feels we never gave Treon a fair chance to play QB? We would never get another kid from BTW . If Coley doesn't think he is a QB it is better to be honest with the kid than lie and risk a backlash

Advertisement

maybe its because our staff actually tells the truth to these kids, unlike FSU and OSU where they will tell the kid what he wants to hear

wouldnt surprise me if this kid later on in the years would want to transfer out

the counter argument is that he does not make it at QB. we switch him to WR, then his father gets ****ed, concludes that Treon never had a fair shot, and it harms recruiting BTW going forward. It appears that Golden has done a great job repairing the relationship with BTW. the last thing we need is to do something to harm it again, especially when you're talking about the coach's son.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back