had drinks with a big time UM donor today

Advertisement
Why are so many people in denial and holding on to a piece of string.

Has been written a thousand times... Golden is our coach for 2015.

Whether a iron glad contract laced with excessive penalties if broken or The Hobbits guarantee... Al has a chit good for this year.

He also has total control of his coaches and it doesn't matter what we want.

The BOT will not do **** **** until the new president is on board... Period.

The AD hands are chained and the Hobbit has the key.

Your choice.... It's time to get over it and accept the fact that we the fans, are not in control or continue as haters hoping to destroy the program, our players and whatever is in front of the coach before he leaves, steps down or is fired in 2016.

I stopped reading at "iron glad."

BOT should stay the F out of football decisions. Crew other than a handful are clueless. Golden should have been fired, end of story.

BOT should stay the F out of football decisions. Crew other than a handful are clueless. Golden should have been fired, end of story.

The only way Golden could have gotten fired this year is if the BOT didn't stay the F out. Blake James sure as **** wasn't going to do it.

the BOTs need a plan in place ...shouldn't they have a plan since last year when he was trying to get the Penn State job. Also after the Louisville, Nebraska, Gtech, FSU, Pitt, Virginia, and USCe losses. I guess it takes them the whole 2015 year to come up with a plan

Advertisement
OP in this thread.

giphy.gif

Their family has been donating great deal of money over many years and I will not even give a clue who they are because I like him better half of you.

but what he said was dope! Miami it starting to understand a bit more now how they can't let our program just be OK. if we did not win all those NC it would be a different story but there is a new age of BOTs and big donors that are big fans of the football team and are making business decisions vs just doing things on emotion... they won't fire Golden without having a very clear plan that our next coach will get the job done and they know its not just a head coach for assistant coach as well.

the Adidas deal deal was huge for football because of 2 reason

1. Adidas is going to hammer the south florida market high schools with their gear
2. the money gives us the ability to budget out good coaches
3. Golden is a dead man walking everyone knows if he has a great season next year he is out a bad one he is out..
4. Also they think (and this is behind closed doors talk and away from the meetings tyep fo stuff) no Good coach will want to be here with all the NCAA bs that prevents them from doing what it takes to recruit big times kids and walking on egg shells.

EVERY NC team has some sort of street agent etc.and have their recruting networks and without those they can't really pull it a top class.. so they want our team to be on top but they are being realistic and making calculated decisions and a plan.. re Golden.. EVERYONE was shocked he did not let go of noD. EVERYONE!

he also told me Butch to Miami is less then 1% some really weird **** went down when he left and they though he could be the nick saban of today if he stayed and he has burned **** load of bridges

Good new....Golden is the guy in the office that doesn't get invited to the happy hour & our BOT will get this fixed but for a long term solution not a short term panic mode and end up hiring some one that could put us in the same spot

again wanted to share, he was drunk so half the **** could of bee opinion vs fact but 1 thing is a fact the BOT does not want to make the same mistake and will get rid of Golden in due time with a proper plan to bring in someone top notch.

If this is true, its the best news that I have heard concerning the Miami football program in a long, long time. Its the first indication that the BOT actually understands the football situation and that it actually wants to have an elite program.

OMG GTFO

this is such BS. u can't be a big time supporter of a winning football team and not be willing to bring back Butch. tired of this crap

If you don't give source/name of informant

OR if I don't know who YOU are,

you are not to be trusted.

not just in Miami football stuff, but for anything.

100% agree anybody that say's the word SOURCE ( BANNED FOR LIFE AND CAN'T APPEAL )

Advertisement
Their family has been donating great deal of money over many years and I will not even give a clue who they are because I like him better half of you.

but what he said was dope! Miami it starting to understand a bit more now how they can't let our program just be OK. if we did not win all those NC it would be a different story but there is a new age of BOTs and big donors that are big fans of the football team and are making business decisions vs just doing things on emotion... they won't fire Golden without having a very clear plan that our next coach will get the job done and they know its not just a head coach for assistant coach as well.

the Adidas deal deal was huge for football because of 2 reason

1. Adidas is going to hammer the south florida market high schools with their gear
2. the money gives us the ability to budget out good coaches
3. Golden is a dead man walking everyone knows if he has a great season next year he is out a bad one he is out..
4. Also they think (and this is behind closed doors talk and away from the meetings tyep fo stuff) no Good coach will want to be here with all the NCAA bs that prevents them from doing what it takes to recruit big times kids and walking on egg shells.

EVERY NC team has some sort of street agent etc.and have their recruting networks and without those they can't really pull it a top class.. so they want our team to be on top but they are being realistic and making calculated decisions and a plan.. re Golden.. EVERYONE was shocked he did not let go of noD. EVERYONE!

he also told me Butch to Miami is less then 1% some really weird **** went down when he left and they though he could be the nick saban of today if he stayed and he has burned **** load of bridges

Good new....Golden is the guy in the office that doesn't get invited to the happy hour & our BOT will get this fixed but for a long term solution not a short term panic mode and end up hiring some one that could put us in the same spot

again wanted to share, he was drunk so half the **** could of bee opinion vs fact but 1 thing is a fact the BOT does not want to make the same mistake and will get rid of Golden in due time with a proper plan to bring in someone top notch.

Don't Believe You.....Sorry.

So all the big donors and most of the BOT is unhappy with Golden. But they are willing to put up with that until they are set up for the next step.

What the heck kind of logic is this?

It is better logic to not have a plan for next steps? Not sure about that.

Should there be a plan already? - Yes. Is it better to act with no plan in place? - Absolutely not.
LULZ at giving any credence to this purported "planning" that only seems to be an impediment to UM removing a clearly failed HC.

Michigan and ufayg and everyone else who fired incompetent corches seemed like they could pull off the planning. They weren't taken by surprise that their HC sucked just like no-one with a brain is surprised Folden sucks.

100% agree anybody that say's the word SOURCE ( BANNED FOR LIFE AND CAN'T APPEAL )

Speaking as someone who's been actively involved in sports message boards since the advent of the internet, I can say this is a foolish mindset and one that will never held at any sight Im assisting with. If it weren't for unnamed sources, most of the info that gets broken on our site would not have been. Its up to the individual to figure out if he/she wants to accept another poster as a reliable source.

The internet is not as anonymous as one would think. Most of the screen names that are sharing information here are people who many of us have met in person and/or know who they are. They post what they can, when they can. Again, its up to the individual to figure out if the info is solid or not. Trust me when I say this: Over time all of this stuff becomes clear.

Also - please note that we DO have a strong policy here that people who post intentionally false info will be banned.

Advertisement

Speaking as someone who's been actively involved in sports message boards since the advent of the internet, I can say this is a foolish mindset and one that will never held at any sight Im assisting with. If it weren't for unnamed sources, most of the info that gets broken on our site would not have been. Its up to the individual to figure out if he/she wants to accept another poster as a reliable source.

The internet is not as anonymous as one would think. Most of the screen names that are sharing information here are people who many of us have met in person and/or know who they are. They post what they can, when they can. Again, its up to the individual to figure out if the info is solid or not. Trust me when I say this: Over time all of this stuff becomes clear.

Also - please note that we DO have a strong policy here that people who post intentionally false info will be banned.

you have a valid point but some of this crap is so mad up. I have given pretty accurate info because of my sources. as pete and others will tell u, u can give them up or you will lose your contact. i have at leas 4 or 5 sources everyone on this board would know but i can't say "X told me this" that's unprofessional and breaks a level of trust. I am just tired of the BS or these new posters being cerated who are magically supporting other posters bs posts.

The BOT is not really serious about winning if they are unable to consider bringing Butch Davis back. Butch is openly campaigning to coach at Miami again, and hiring him would immoral dividends in recruiting and ticket sales. But whatever there's two sides to the story as to why he left, and it depends on who you want to believe

Butch isn't less than 1% and that's fact. He's finally mended fences 14 years later and is nowhere near as untouchable as he was in 2007. Yes, Golden is certainly a dead-man-walking. That is on the mark—and not saying Davis will be the guy to replace him down the road—but the implication that it's SUCH a long-shot is very off base.

Advertisement
Butch isn't less than 1% and that's fact. He's finally mended fences 14 years later and is nowhere near as untouchable as he was in 2007. Yes, Golden is certainly a dead-man-walking. That is on the mark—and not saying Davis will be the guy to replace him down the road—but the implication that it's SUCH a long-shot is very off base.

Butch still has supporters. Plus, stuart millers dad was head of BOT when Butch saved this program at a time people thought our program was done. Dont buy he is not an option. My personal feeling is Donna wasnt signing off on his contract he deserved because she planned to bring in alvarez

BOOM!

Butch still has supporters. Plus, stuart millers dad was head of BOT when Butch saved this program at a time people thought our program was done. Dont buy he is not an option. My personal feeling is Donna wasnt signing off on his contract he deserved because she planned to bring in alvarez

Donna and the BOT tried to stiff him on the buyout clause and he bolted to the NFL. If Louisville can bring Petrino back, Miami can bring Butch back imho.

Advertisement
Back