had drinks with a big time UM donor today

eliteproxy

Junior
Their family has been donating great deal of money over many years and I will not even give a clue who they are because I like him better half of you.

but what he said was dope! Miami it starting to understand a bit more now how they can't let our program just be OK. if we did not win all those NC it would be a different story but there is a new age of BOTs and big donors that are big fans of the football team and are making business decisions vs just doing things on emotion... they won't fire Golden without having a very clear plan that our next coach will get the job done and they know its not just a head coach for assistant coach as well.

the Adidas deal deal was huge for football because of 2 reason

1. Adidas is going to hammer the south florida market high schools with their gear
2. the money gives us the ability to budget out good coaches
3. Golden is a dead man walking everyone knows if he has a great season next year he is out a bad one he is out..
4. Also they think (and this is behind closed doors talk and away from the meetings tyep fo stuff) no Good coach will want to be here with all the NCAA bs that prevents them from doing what it takes to recruit big times kids and walking on egg shells.

EVERY NC team has some sort of street agent etc.and have their recruting networks and without those they can't really pull it a top class.. so they want our team to be on top but they are being realistic and making calculated decisions and a plan.. re Golden.. EVERYONE was shocked he did not let go of noD. EVERYONE!

he also told me Butch to Miami is less then 1% some really weird **** went down when he left and they though he could be the nick saban of today if he stayed and he has burned **** load of bridges

Good new....Golden is the guy in the office that doesn't get invited to the happy hour & our BOT will get this fixed but for a long term solution not a short term panic mode and end up hiring some one that could put us in the same spot

again wanted to share, he was drunk so half the **** could of bee opinion vs fact but 1 thing is a fact the BOT does not want to make the same mistake and will get rid of Golden in due time with a proper plan to bring in someone top notch.

Advertisement
3. Golden is a dead man walking everyone knows if he has a great season next year he is out a bad one he is out..

Just so I understand this right: are you saying your source said Golden is out next year regardless of how he does next year?

blah, blah, blah... golden still isn't fired.

Anyone saying anything at this point is full of **** till they fire golden. That is the only answer.

Their family has been donating great deal of money over many years and I will not even give a clue who they are because I like him better half of you.

but what he said was dope! Miami it starting to understand a bit more now how they can't let our program just be OK. if we did not win all those NC it would be a different story but there is a new age of BOTs and big donors that are big fans of the football team and are making business decisions vs just doing things on emotion... they won't fire Golden without having a very clear plan that our next coach will get the job done and they know its not just a head coach for assistant coach as well.

1. Adidas is going to hammer the south florida market high schools with their gear
4. Also they think (and this is behind closed doors talk and away from the meetings tyep fo stuff) no Good coach will want to be here with all the NCAA bs that prevents them from doing what it takes to recruit big times kids and walking on egg shells.

EVERY NC team has some sort of street agent etc.and have their recruting networks and without those they can't really pull it a top class.. so they want our team to be on top but they are being realistic and making calculated decisions and a plan.. re Golden.. EVERYONE was shocked he did not let go of noD. EVERYONE!

he also told me Butch to Miami is less then 1% some really weird **** went down when he left and they though he could be the nick saban of today if he stayed and he has burned **** load of bridges

Good new....Golden is the guy in the office that doesn't get invited to the happy hour & our BOT will get this fixed but for a long term solution not a short term panic mode and end up hiring some one that could put us in the same spot

again wanted to share, he was drunk so half the **** could of bee opinion vs fact but 1 thing is a fact the BOT does not want to make the same mistake and will get rid of Golden in due time with a proper plan to bring in someone top notch.

This is EXACTLY what I thought Adidas would do with most high profile programs in south Florida. Good on them if they do so. Also need to do the same with South Florida Express and other AAU type teams.

Trust someone who owns and operates licensed sports stores and is in the sneaker game, Adidas does have alot of street cred. They are doing big things by signing and collaborating with many high profile artists.

Advertisement

This is EXACTLY what I thought Adidas would do with most high profile programs in south Florida. Good on them if they do so. Also need to do the same with South Florida Express and other AAU type teams.

Trust someone who owns and operates licensed sports stores and is in the sneaker game, Adidas does have alot of street cred. They are doing big things by signing and collaborating with many high profile artists.

Sfe express is sponsors by adidas now

Don't believe this if they cant give up the source its a lie, its one of Golden lovers trying to calm the category 5 Hurricane (clue drinks) bunch of his buddies sitting around laughing thinking of a way to calm things down........ P.S when I have drinks with my friend guys they all try to UCK me...... nice try little boner

Just so I understand this right: are you saying your source said Golden is out next year regardless of how he does next year?

He is saying if Golden wins next year and someone bites>>>>>> HE GONE

Advertisement
So all the big donors and most of the BOT is unhappy with Golden. But they are willing to put up with that until they are set up for the next step.

What the heck kind of logic is this?

So all the big donors and most of the BOT is unhappy with Golden. But they are willing to put up with that until they are set up for the next step.

Guys>>>>>>>>>>>> Drinks>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Its not logic its called Beer talk

Don't believe this if they cant give up the source its a lie, its one of Golden lovers trying to calm the category 5 Hurricane (clue drinks) bunch of his buddies sitting around laughing thinking of a way to calm things down........ P.S when I have drinks with my friend guys they all try to UCK me...... nice try little boner

Oh wait my source sent me a pic to confirm this story http://t.co/oV0kUXOB7q

Last edited:
Advertisement

IMO, everything is being held hostage by the absolutely brutal extension we gift-wrapped to him. It must contain some ugly *** guarantees, or he would have been fired as soon as the season ended. If that's true, and there's no reason to think it's not, the exit fee probably drops far enough after 2015 where it's (ugh and it's hard to even type this) financially acceptable to burn off a full season, and then open the checkbook in 2016 when the adidas deal has started to kick in.

Also, I'm guessing the next guy we bring in will be in the 3.5-4 million dollar range per year. I don't see how we will bring in the kind of guy we want for anything less. Considering the money we're getting from adidas and the ESPN ACC package per year, pay should no longer be a roadblock in getting the right coach.

But all the money in the world won't matter, because I don't trust the BoT or Flake James to hire the right guy, not one bit. Next school president better have a major role in the hiring process and he better not treat sports like a leperous colony.

Disagree 100% they flat don't care but soon enough they will after NSD

Last edited:

IMO, everything is being held hostage by the absolutely brutal extension we gift-wrapped to him. It must contain some ugly *** guarantees, or he would have been fired as soon as the season ended. If that's true, and there's no reason to think it's not, the exit fee probably drops far enough after 2015 where it's (ugh and it's hard to even type this) financially acceptable to burn off a full season, and then open the checkbook in 2016 when the adidas deal has started to kick in.

Also, I'm guessing the next guy we bring in will be in the 3.5-4 million dollar range per year. I don't see how we will bring in the kind of guy we want for anything less. Considering the money we're getting from adidas and the ESPN ACC package per year, pay should no longer be a roadblock in getting the right coach.

But all the money in the world won't matter, because I don't trust the BoT or Flake James to hire the right guy, not one bit. Next school president better have a major role in the hiring process and he better not treat sports like a leperous colony.

Disagree 100% they flat don't care but soon enough they will after NSD

Advertisement

Half of this is spot on and the other half is complete bull**** nonsense.

blah, blah, blah... golden still isn't fired.

Anyone saying anything at this point is full of **** till they fire golden. That is the only answer.

+1. Meant to Thumbs Up this post...not down. My bad. (Stupid tablet)

Half of this is spot on and the other half is complete bull**** nonsense.

Its all BS

If any of that conversation is true they are even more incompetent than I give them credit for.

Let me state this very clearly...to still harbor any doubt whatsoever that Golden should have ALREADY been fired qualifies you as being a ******* idiot.

With this type of mentality we'll never be back...you can't keep making the "right decision" 2 or 3 years late and hope to keep up with the rest of college football. They should be running this program like any good business man runs their respective business, by making PRO-active decisions instead of RE-active decisions.

Waiting until "next year" is just another example of that. Also...if that piece of **** wins 8 or 9 close games next year you can bet your *** these same incompetent ***** will be yelling the "improvement" manta from here to kingdom come.

I'm honestly trying to find any evidence that we aren't ****ed...but I can't find any. This program is in the hands of absolute morons.

Advertisement
Back