had drinks with a big time UM donor today

Advertisement
If this is true, its the best news that I have heard concerning the Miami football program in a long, long time. Its the first indication that the BOT actually understands the football situation and that it actually wants to have an elite program.

First: probably not true.

Second: Basically, the whole purported drunken conversation boils down to the Powers That Be telling us "we got this." They'll take care of this whole Al thing the moment the time is right, and not a moment sooner. But the only reasons that it's taken this long already were caused by *****-ups by these very same Powers That Be.

LULZ at all that non-specific, empty nonsense and speculation. Whoever fed you that crap just wanted to sound like he knew something. Sounds like the stuff chef used to spew.

Our program is suffering from a combination of incompetent BOT members and an even more incompetent administration.

I gotta think they were hand selected by the NCAA and are part of our sanctions.

No one wants to coach here because of the NCAA BS where we lost an astounding 9 schollies over three years? GTFOH. We basically got away with everything outside the punishment of a two year investigation and the negative recruiting against us at the time. All that is behind us and not an excuse for present and future success/failure.

Advertisement
No one wants to coach here because of the NCAA BS where we lost an astounding 9 schollies over three years? GTFOH. We basically got away with everything outside the punishment of a two year investigation and the negative recruiting against us at the time. All that is behind us and not an excuse for present and future success/failure.
Don't take any of that **** seriously. Elitepuzzy is one of Folden's few remaining nut commandos. He either made that slop up, or he got it from some like-minded twit, who attempted to legitimize his lame opinions under the guise of donating $5k per year.

Any time someone uses the "big donor" hook to draw attention to their otherwise unread posts, you need to take it with a boulder of salt.

Their family has been donating great deal of money over many years and I will not even give a clue who they are because I like him better half of you.

but what he said was dope! Miami it starting to understand a bit more now how they can't let our program just be OK. if we did not win all those NC it would be a different story but there is a new age of BOTs and big donors that are big fans of the football team and are making business decisions vs just doing things on emotion... they won't fire Golden without having a very clear plan that our next coach will get the job done and they know its not just a head coach for assistant coach as well.

the Adidas deal deal was huge for football because of 2 reason

1. Adidas is going to hammer the south florida market high schools with their gear
2. the money gives us the ability to budget out good coaches
3. Golden is a dead man walking everyone knows if he has a great season next year he is out a bad one he is out..
4. Also they think (and this is behind closed doors talk and away from the meetings tyep fo stuff) no Good coach will want to be here with all the NCAA bs that prevents them from doing what it takes to recruit big times kids and walking on egg shells.

EVERY NC team has some sort of street agent etc.and have their recruting networks and without those they can't really pull it a top class.. so they want our team to be on top but they are being realistic and making calculated decisions and a plan.. re Golden.. EVERYONE was shocked he did not let go of noD. EVERYONE!

he also told me Butch to Miami is less then 1% some really weird **** went down when he left and they though he could be the nick saban of today if he stayed and he has burned **** load of bridges

Good new....Golden is the guy in the office that doesn't get invited to the happy hour & our BOT will get this fixed but for a long term solution not a short term panic mode and end up hiring some one that could put us in the same spot

again wanted to share, he was drunk so half the **** could of bee opinion vs fact but 1 thing is a fact the BOT does not want to make the same mistake and will get rid of Golden in due time with a proper plan to bring in someone top notch.

Half of this is spot on and the other half is complete bull**** nonsense.

Care to share which parts are accurate and which ones are BS?

Advertisement
Don't take any of that **** seriously. Elitepuzzy is one of Folden's few remaining nut commandos. He either made that slop up, or he got it from some like-minded twit, who attempted to legitimize his lame opinions under the guise of donating $5k per year.

Any time someone uses the "big donor" hook to draw attention to their otherwise unread posts, you need to take it with a boulder of salt.

And That

From their approach to football strategy sounds like these "big donors" made their money doing predatory lending during the real estate boom...

So all the big donors and most of the BOT is unhappy with Golden. But they are willing to put up with that until they are set up for the next step.

What the heck kind of logic is this?

What the heck kind of logic is this? Exactly. No logic. This is crap. Like a Big Canes Donor is going to spend anytime with some guy, or gal for that matter, and tell him/her the most intimate insider secrets at TheU? Sure! If you buy into this crap then I have bridge to sell you.

It's crap like this that has a detrimental (for those of you in Loma Linda, detrimental means "bad") effect on this forum's credibility.

Advertisement
LMAO at the University NOT wanting Butch back. Wtf has our program done since he left? Went in the *******. We should be begging him to come back, like Apple begged Steve Jobs to come back. Hurt feelings...lol.

So all the big donors and most of the BOT is unhappy with Golden. But they are willing to put up with that until they are set up for the next step.

What the heck kind of logic is this?

It is better logic to not have a plan for next steps? Not sure about that.

Should there be a plan already? - Yes. Is it better to act with no plan in place? - Absolutely not.

Makes no sense. Fire Golden, promote Coley as interim for the year, and save the money Golden would have gotten for this year as his buyout. Then spend the year scouting a new coach

Advertisement
I'm beginning to believe that the definition of "big donor" is as loosely interpreted around here as the definition of "improvement' is in Hecht. The odds of anyone around here going to happy hour at Chili's in Kendall with an actual mega - donor that is also interested in and privy to football decisions is about as likely as Julio Derosier ever running through the smoke.

my bad, meant to thumbs up.....I agree. Everyone knows a big donor these days

What???? All of a sudden BoT forgot that end of 2013 Fraud said he was going to take a long and hard look at the defense and then in january he said, "no, no change, we will make some adjustments" and 2014 goes 6-7??? Why didn't they plan long term last year??

Fool me once is on me, fool me twice is on you.

again meant to thumbs up........F Al and his no change BS

If you don't give source/name of informant

OR if I don't know who YOU are,

you are not to be trusted.

not just in Miami football stuff, but for anything.

Why are so many people in denial and holding on to a piece of string.

Has been written a thousand times... Golden is our coach for 2015.

Whether a iron glad contract laced with excessive penalties if broken or The Hobbits guarantee... Al has a chit good for this year.

He also has total control of his coaches and it doesn't matter what we want.

The BOT will not do **** **** until the new president is on board... Period.

The AD hands are chained and the Hobbit has the key.

Your choice.... It's time to get over it and accept the fact that we the fans, are not in control or continue as haters hoping to destroy the program, our players and whatever is in front of the coach before he leaves, steps down or is fired in 2016.

Advertisement
Back