Guys We Have a Legit Shot At

Recruiting, developing players, staffing, game day preparation/coaching are in my view characteristics needed for success by a coaching staff. Can you get by with two or the three? For sure. Each of these things have been debated back and forth, but in the end Golden now owns it. Although I don't think he can take us to the promise land or that the U is even capable of getting there under current circumstances, we are stuck with him as the "guy", think we should look at the development component as all players are his doing, albeit under a "cloud" he unknowingly inherited.

Since we are stuck with what we have, Canes fans could change their focus on the life's of young men becoming CANES and men. Having perspective is the anti-dote to crootin, we need to move forward with the new class and expect and demand continued improvement, for the time being let's build a bridge and get over it.

This is completely nonsensical. Not a personal attack, I just don't understand a word of this. Did you write it in pig latin?

You share ex wife's opinions, sorry you did not understand, nothing taken personally, must be my bad, enjoy the rest of your day

Advertisement
D$, if no Ross, what the **** are we doin at RB? 4 rbs on the roster , 2 with broken ankles, is not going to cut it. RB recruiting is a major fail unless Treyone makes it thru which looks to be as likely as Sony flipping to us.

We're gonna keep trying. That's what we're going to do. While the fans are crying, Al is trying. We didn't get Gus until the eleventh hour last year. I'm sure we are scouring the globe for another Golden Nugget like Gus.

Recruiting, developing players, staffing, game day preparation/coaching are in my view characteristics needed for success by a coaching staff. Can you get by with two or the three? For sure. Each of these things have been debated back and forth, but in the end Golden now owns it. Although I don't think he can take us to the promise land or that the U is even capable of getting there under current circumstances, we are stuck with him as the "guy", think we should look at the development component as all players are his doing, albeit under a "cloud" he unknowingly inherited.

Since we are stuck with what we have, Canes fans could change their focus on the life's of young men becoming CANES and men. Having perspective is the anti-dote to crootin, we need to move forward with the new class and expect and demand continued improvement, for the time being let's build a bridge and get over it.

This is completely nonsensical. Not a personal attack, I just don't understand a word of this. Did you write it in pig latin?

Pretty easy to read and makes sense, TBH. Minus a couple spelling errors, not sure why you can't read it.

Let's not forget we got, what, 3-4 guys AFTER NSD last year? Late 2013 guy and a couple grad transfers? It ain't over for this staff on Feb 5th.

Let's not forget we got, what, 3-4 guys AFTER NSD last year? Late 2013 guy and a couple grad transfers? It ain't over for this staff on Feb 5th.

Correct. In fact, we got D Griffin twice. Got him late last year and early this year. Same with Lockley.

Advertisement
D$, if no Ross, what the **** are we doin at RB? 4 rbs on the roster , 2 with broken ankles, is not going to cut it. RB recruiting is a major fail unless Treyone makes it thru which looks to be as likely as Sony flipping to us.

We're gonna keep trying. That's what we're going to do. While the fans are crying, Al is trying. We didn't get Gus until the eleventh hour last year. I'm sure we are scouring Jersey for another Golden Nugget like Gus.

FIFY

Correct. In fact, we got D Griffin twice. Got him late last year and early this year. Same with Lockley.

Third time will be the charm! Derrick!!! Where are you???!!! Let's get him late again this year. :fistbump:

Concrned about Gilliard play at the UA event. The talk was he looked like he did not belong on the field. Got tossed around like a rag doll. Any info as to why? Was he hurt? Lazy? On a Jelani diet?
I heard some talk on here a couple weeks ago that he had a back injury

Yes. If you did any serious reading on here you'd know that his HS coach Emjay mentioned a problem with two disks. That can be very incapacitating. It's unfortunate that this monster has had to deal with disk problems at such an early age. If he can get the right procedure done, and it's successful, he should be fine. He should not have even been playing at the all-star game. No way. I want this kid.

A high school DT with back problems? PASS

Advertisement

O'Donnell was a score the other two were serviceable at best, evidenced by the pounding D Line took. 5th year eligibility is interesting and can be at best a solid band aid. The guys they got need a lot of help if at all possible, Hamilton, Moore...and other JAGS progress to add depth. The 5th year guy always has the possibility of bringing something to the team short term.

So Featherstone is on campus ?

Can't find a source that confirms it anywhere.

Because he is not on campus.

According to Pete, Featherston is on campus.

What thread did he say that in?

The one titled "Lorenzo Featherston" :) Third page most of the way down. Someone asked if "Featherstone" was on campus and he simply posted, "Yes."

"YES" is has been said twice

Advertisement
So Featherstone is on campus ?

Can't find a source that confirms it anywhere.

Because he is not on campus.

According to Pete, Featherston is on campus.

What thread did he say that in?

The one titled "Lorenzo Featherston" :) Third page most of the way down. Someone asked if "Featherstone" was on campus and he simply posted, "Yes."

That's an odd place for that info. Thanks for peeling away the layers.

Landing a CB like JC would go a long way towards minimizing our D-line deficiency, IMHO. I.e., keeping more guys in the box w/ out being totally exposed to the pass.

Him + Tracy, Artie, Gunter, Rayshawn + Deon back healthy, Crawford & hopefully JCarter and Elder making an impact, all looks pretty mean to me.

/but I am biased.

Advertisement
Landing a CB like JC would go a long way towards minimizing our D-line deficiency, IMHO. I.e., keeping more guys in the box w/ out being totally exposed to the pass.

Him + Tracy, Artie, Gunter, Rayshawn + Deon back healthy, Crawford & hopefully JCarter and Elder making an impact, all looks pretty mean to me.

/but I am biased.

It would help in passing situations, but when teams run the ball against us our d-line is getting pushed back 5 yards every play. If the d-line gets pushed back there is no way linebackers/safeties can flow to ball and make plays in the backfield or at the line

Advertisement
Back