Gus Malzhan

McKenzie Milton started as a true freshman during Frost's first season. O'Leary was an old pro set guy and Frost had to pretty much start from scrap when he took over. O'Leary had some pretty decent success at UCF. They won the Fiesta Bowl with Blake Bortles and were generally a solid G5 program under him. The last few years, the wheels fell off the wagon. George O'Leary might be the only coach who went 0-12 in his first season and 0-12 in his last season.
O’Leary was not an old school pro set guy. Him and Charlie Taaffee were some of the first guys to use the power spread in CFB.

Advertisement
O’Leary was not an old school pro set guy. Him and Charlie Taaffee were some of the first guys to use the power spread in CFB.
You must have him confused. UCF was very much a pro style offense with a lot of the quarterback under center and two tight end sets. Outside of the Bortles years, they were really a three yards and a cloud of dust ball control team

[

As a fan base we need to realistic with our expectations on who our next coach could possibly be. We all want the **** hire, we all want one of the top candidates, but it’s Miami, they don’t operate that way. So we need to go the redemption route and find a coach that wants back into the big stage. That coach is Gus Malzhan. I don’t know his contract situation at UCF, but I’m guessing he would have interest. We passed on him once or didn’t pursue, we shouldn’t do it again. He’s a good recruiter, perennial top 10 classes going head to head against Alabama, LSU and Georgia for same type of kids. He’s 55 years old. He’s innovative on the offensive side of the ball. And, he’s edgy, not a clapping clown. He would need a badass DC to join him. I think he’d be a really solid hire for Miami.
Maybe. Ucf going to big 12 without Texas and oklahoma will be interesting if it stays p5

Advertisement
I've been on this trainwreck of a ride for 15+ years. If we hire Gus Malzahn, I'm out. Just the thought of hiring Gus Malzahn has me contemplating calling it quits!

Advertisement
Back