Gus Malzhan

Advertisement
Dillon Gabriel sucks. Everybody that has seen him throw knows that but he never it his name in the pool for any of the top transfer QBs and you would think any decent QB would love to play in his O.
I nominate you for porster of the year. Dillon Gabriel sucks? Lol.

Lmao let me guess? Darriel Mack was amazing too? Literally no difference and Mack couldn’t complete a forward pass.

Do you actually watch UCF games?
Yes and the dude scores TDs and wins. If that doesn't work for you I don't know what to tell you.

Advertisement
Wrong.

Frosts success was due to Oleary. Ask our resident UCF expert @DTP .

Hey @DTP, are ucf fans still happy with gus?
O'leary literally went winless in his final season. Frost had to overhaul the entire roster and did it in two seasons.

Gus has been there for 6 games. The jury is still out.

winston in college was good.
Shrug man. I guess dude would really hate to see these stats on a UM QB

Screenshot_20211019-135448~2.png

O'leary literally went winless in his final season. Frost had to overhaul the entire roster and did it in two seasons.

Gus has been there for 6 games. The jury is still out.

didn't frost bring in both QBs too?

As a fan base we need to realistic with our expectations on who our next coach could possibly be. We all want the **** hire, we all want one of the top candidates, but it’s Miami, they don’t operate that way. So we need to go the redemption route and find a coach that wants back into the big stage. That coach is Gus Malzhan. I don’t know his contract situation at UCF, but I’m guessing he would have interest. We passed on him once or didn’t pursue, we shouldn’t do it again. He’s a good recruiter, perennial top 10 classes going head to head against Alabama, LSU and Georgia for same type of kids. He’s 55 years old. He’s innovative on the offensive side of the ball. And, he’s edgy, not a clapping clown. He would need a badass DC to join him. I think he’d be a really solid hire for Miami.
Please NO!!!

Advertisement
didn't frost bring in both QBs too?
McKenzie Milton started as a true freshman during Frost's first season. O'Leary was an old pro set guy and Frost had to pretty much start from scrap when he took over. O'Leary had some pretty decent success at UCF. They won the Fiesta Bowl with Blake Bortles and were generally a solid G5 program under him. The last few years, the wheels fell off the wagon. George O'Leary might be the only coach who went 0-12 in his first season and 0-12 in his last season.

Advertisement
He was the OC for a national championship team and took his team to another.

People can like who they want, but I honestly do not know what people want.

Where is this mythical unicorn coach that has;
Never been upset
Never lost
Never had a close game
Winner of multiple championships
It was Cam left, Cam right, Cam throw ball. Of course Cam was bought and sold but let's not address that one with his pops. He should have been suspended for the national title game making the NCAA truly a bought off clown show. Kelly's Ducks would have beaten Auburn like a drum without Newton.

Amazing Chizik was run out of Auburn a year after a national title.

Gus was so well sought after he landed at UCF and he's got them cooking. Still too early to call, but no Power 5 school wanted him.

Miami leadership would like his 7 years with Auburn, coaching accolades, national championship pedigree, middle age, whiteness, glasses, and sweater-vest stylishness. He fits the low-risk profile they like perfectly and i'd be surprised if he wasn't on the list..

Advertisement
It was Cam left, Cam right, Cam throw ball. Of course Cam was bought and sold but let's not address that one with his pops. He should have been suspended for the national title game making the NCAA truly a bought off clown show. Kelly's Ducks would have beaten Auburn like a drum without Newton.

Amazing Chizik was run out of Auburn a year after a national title.

Gus was so well sought after he landed at UCF and he's got them cooking. Still too early to call, but no Power 5 school wanted him.
Hey, it’s your opinion and in my book, people can like or dislike any coach they want. No one is flat out wrong but I think many just judge unfairly.

I am not going to defend him but saying he was Cam Newton left and right compared to his awards and offensive rankings is a little disingenuous. It is not easy getting to a champion game, especially twice. Don't you think he has to know a little something about coaching....can he really be that bad.

But like I said...you don't have to like him.

Miami leadership would like his 7 years with Auburn, coaching accolades, national championship pedigree, middle age, whiteness, glasses, and sweater-vest stylishness. He fits the low-risk profile they like perfectly and i'd be surprised if he wasn't on the list..
Been saying the same thing for weeks. Not my first guy but it fits the discount hire Miami has looked at in the past.

Advertisement
Back