Gus Malzhan

mafia

Recruit
As a fan base we need to realistic with our expectations on who our next coach could possibly be. We all want the **** hire, we all want one of the top candidates, but it’s Miami, they don’t operate that way. So we need to go the redemption route and find a coach that wants back into the big stage. That coach is Gus Malzhan. I don’t know his contract situation at UCF, but I’m guessing he would have interest. We passed on him once or didn’t pursue, we shouldn’t do it again. He’s a good recruiter, perennial top 10 classes going head to head against Alabama, LSU and Georgia for same type of kids. He’s 55 years old. He’s innovative on the offensive side of the ball. And, he’s edgy, not a clapping clown. He would need a badass DC to join him. I think he’d be a really solid hire for Miami.

Advertisement
Tired Mondays GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
As a fan base we need to realistic with our expectations on who our next coach could possibly be. We all want the **** hire, we all want one of the top candidates, but it’s Miami, they don’t operate that way. So we need to go the redemption route and find a coach that wants back into the big stage. That coach is Gus Malzhan. I don’t know his contract situation at UCF, but I’m guessing he would have interest. We passed on him once or didn’t pursue, we shouldn’t do it again. He’s a good recruiter, perennial top 10 classes going head to head against Alabama, LSU and Georgia for same type of kids. He’s 55 years old. He’s innovative on the offensive side of the ball. And, he’s edgy, not a clapping clown. He would need a badass DC to join him. I think he’d be a really solid hire for Miami.
Jesus Christ....

You mean the guy that’s making UCF look like **** after Huepel had them rolling for the 3rd straight year last year? That guy?

Gotta admit. LCE might’ve been right in Huepel…or Malzahn might be a **** corch.
they've declined under Heuphal. he def wasn't frost by any means there. he went 12-1 taking over frost which is legit, 10-3 after that, 6-4 last year. stinks of a guy that couldn't maintain Frosts success. also, ill give Gus this (tho their D is trash w T Will LOL), they did lose their QB for the year but didn't look overly impressive before that either tho

Advertisement
Ehh, pass. He has some attributes of a coach we need but not all. Don’t think he’s the guy. Also hate the recruiting mention. Brand name schools, especially SEC schools are going to be able to recruit, I wish there was a stat on how many recruits he was stealing from Bama or Florida….

Advertisement
The thing with Malzahn is that I feel we can get someone better, so why go with him?

I feel like, even if we swing and miss on the top tier of candidates, we can still pull in a Clawson or someone like that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back