Gus Edwards

The way I remember it was he took a long time to learn to lower his pad level. He was just starting to show signs of improving when he got hurt in the Spring before his Junior year. All signs were showing that he was going to be in the rotation in the next season. After missing a season while rehabbing the injury he transferred. I wished he would have stayed because he was the only bigger back we had at the time and I thought he had potential.

Advertisement
I still cannot figure this one out. Gus Edwards looked like absolute doo doo when he was at UM. I have to admit being wrong because the marketplace says so, but I still don't know why I was wrong about Gus Edwards at UM.

The stars just didn't align for him at Miami. His foot injury set him back a lot, and when he started to get more burn towards the end of Richt's first season, he was still somewhat tentative for a runner with his physical style. Whatever happened, it's worked out for him in the pros so God bless.

Advertisement
he actually graduated from um...and claims it

I know he graduated from here; but I’ve never heard him announce from The U while being introduced, and the few games I’ve watched of Baltimore, they always say Gus Edwards or the young back from Rutgers. ****es me off, actually.

I always liked him more than most but put me behind Lamar I average 3.0 ypc.

And I’m 41

I still cannot figure this one out. Gus Edwards looked like absolute doo doo when he was at UM. I have to admit being wrong because the marketplace says so, but I still don't know why I was wrong about Gus Edwards at UM.
Because y’all was too in love with a 5’7 4.8 forty local 5star (really 4 star) legend..I always thought Gus had the goods to be a more than 3rd n short runner..kid was 6’1 230 and ran a legit 4.5..his HS tape was legit..

Advertisement

Guys like him is why I NEVER, EVER write off players before their career is over.

Some guys come in fast and never live up to freshman hype. Some guys look like trash early and develop into solid or better as juniors and seniors. Most players don’t come in as the man child and consistently dominate from day 1.

This fact combined with the trash coaching we see so often should make us be more patient with the guys we sign.

We have to have coaches who believe their eyes and cut the crazy **** out of the playbook. Remember when Coley used to have Brad throw that quick screen way out to the field sideline that Brad didn’t have the arm strength for? It never went anywhere and put us in bad downs and distance.

Gus was a big speed back. We tried to make him something he wasn’t and couldn’t get enough production out of him when he was here. It’s been a problem for a long time. I liked Yearby when he was here. Doesn’t mean we can’t get better play out of our guys.

Advertisement
when i saw it i actually was shocked which is why i remember it

Good; b/c it’s been ****ing me off hearing “from Rutgers” by these play by play guys. If they want to say he spent one yr at Rutgers, that’s fine, but Gus is from The U.

Advertisement
He’s another guy who needs carries to get into the flow of the game. He didn’t get that here so they thought he was garbage. He was the best back on our roster when he was here

Good; b/c it’s been ****ing me off hearing “from Rutgers” by these play by play guys. If they want to say he spent one yr at Rutgers, that’s fine, but Gus is from The U.
It’ll be interesting to see which college team announcers use for KJ and Trevon; and which team those guys use during their own intros.

Advertisement
Back