Gus Edwards

I will always remember Gus for his great game against the Hokies on the road. That game showed me flashes of what he could be.
But I will also admit that I did not think he would be a solid NFL back. Kudos to him and his hard work to get better.

Advertisement
To the poster that said you just never know, I totally agree. I remember Neiko Thorpe the DB from Auburn. All AU people literally hated the guy. Always seemed to be getting torched. The last thing I thought was this dude would be collecting NFL checks. Dude went from undrafted, to practice squad, to CFL, to actually being on a 53 man NFL roster for like the last 6 years. Absolutely shocking. You just never know.

Anybody want to remind me how this guy couldn’t get more burn while here?
Tbh Walton, yearby and duke was all better then him , he made the right decision transferred to rugerts and got the play time he deserved now he a legit nfl back up Rb

Advertisement
Golden wasn't all bad, albeit in hindsight. What doomed him was his inexplicable and unrelenting loyalty to NoD. We will never know why he was so loyal to him! Richt and his son as QB coach, I can understand. But not Golden and DNo. It cost him his career smh.

At least Manny got rid of Enos after year 1. Enos is basically the offense version of DNo. There is an iota of hope that year 2 of the Manny Diaz experiment will be different. But I digress!!!
You digress....does it hurt?

I never tried that.

Advertisement
He didn't run very well when he was here. I don't know if it was work ethic or coaching. Golden tried to make him a power back because of his size but he was always soft. He really couldn't run through a tackle to save his life.

I'm glad he's doing well but it really is a surprise based on that he looked like here. Some players just aren't a good fit and need a fresh start.
I don’t think it was anything to do with his work ethic. Unfortunately that line is used too often when a player doesn’t work out and canes fans start the labels. You don’t have poor work ethic and last with the Ravens organization. Btw he looks pretty good running between those tackles. He looked good at Rutgers too. He’s another example of our coaches not getting the best out of players.

Our coaches sucked. I remember Thomas Brown saying we needed to recruit better when He had 3 ******* i n' NFL RB's on the roster.

Tbh Walton, yearby and duke was all better then him , he made the right decision transferred to rugerts and got the play time he deserved now he a legit nfl back up Rb
That’s funny if you think yearby and Walton are better than Gus.😂😂

Advertisement
Because y’all was too in love with a 5’7 4.8 forty local 5star (really 4 star) legend..I always thought Gus had the goods to be a more than 3rd n short runner..kid was 6’1 230 and ran a legit 4.5..his HS tape was legit..

So I only speak for myself. Not sure who "y'all" is in your post.

My take on Gus Edwards was based on seeing Gus Edwards carry the ball. Dude was 230 lbs and never broke a single tackle while at UM. He had Stevie Wonder level vision and just never looked like a good running back.

Again, the marketplace proved that I was wrong but I still do not understand why, based on his work at UM.

Gus gets **** on because the only reason we offered him was that Alex Collins bolted at the last minute. He was never going to overtake Duke, and Walton was better.
Walton was better because he was allowed to be better imo..if Gus got those rep that yearby got, we would’ve seen a different, better Gus while at Miami. We spent a season watching Walton run in the backs of oline as a Freshman. Two years watching Joe get walked down by LBs and DBs. Then going into his JR he had that foot problem that put him behind Walton and yearby.

Advertisement
We were saving him for the NFL
ROFL, gotta give the penn disgrace morons some credit, when you run the names of the list of players those dumb ****'s recruited but at some point didn't allow to play or kicked off the team, ****'s had an all-star squad!

Advertisement
Back