Gus Edwards

Who cares dude has 1400 yards and 4 TD's in 2 seasons. 2019 he was 27th in the league. The 86 year old Frank Gore was 34th. Not sure what the infatuation is with this guy.
maybe his point is he's shown he has talented and we could barely get him on field here. Since when is getting 1400 yards in nfl in first two years some joke.

Advertisement
He ran straight up and down when he was here. Maybe he figured out how to run behind his pads.

Go Canes!!!!

This was such a ridiculous narrative then, just as it is now. Not a soul who knows football would ever say useless **** like this. Can you get the job done or not? Eddie George ran straight up and down all the way to radio city music hall to pick up a **** Heisman trophy. Such a regurgitated, nonsense take.

This was such a ridiculous narrative then, just as it is now. Not a soul who knows football would ever say useless **** like this. Can you get the job done or not? Eddie George ran straight up and down all the way to radio city music hall to pick up a **** Heisman trophy. Such a regurgitated, nonsense take.

But but but...the coaches saw him in practice….they knew who was better….

It could be just being used improperly. Gus was supposed to be the "bigger" short yardage back for us. The knock on him I remember was look like tarzan, run like jane. When it was 3rd and 1 or on the goaline and we had our jumbo package in and he would get stopped, that was the issue. I am not saying he was a scatback but maybe instead of asking him to lower his head and run into and move a pile like jerome bettis, we should have been giving him so more zone concepts and let him get jiggy. Kinda like asking chickillo to gain 80 lbs and be a SDE....

It also helps on occasion that Gus was on the Ravens and they were blowing teams out for a good portion of his carries and the stats given are little misleading...

Barry Sanders had 280 carries his rookie season and 255 his soph season (535 total), **** near 3k yards,

Chubb: 192 rookie season and 298 soph season (490 total) **** near 2,500 yards

Portis: 273 rookie season, 290 sop season (563 total), over 3k yards

Gus: 137 rookies season, 133 soph season (270 total) just under 1500 yards... he only went double digit carries 4 times last year (including his season high of 21 carries for 130 yrds in week 17 when Steelers and ravens sat **** near the entire team)

Gus is a better back than what he portrayed here and that is basically it. He is a decent player, on a good, with a high explosive offensive but he is not in the same category as those other 3.

Facts, Some of these people really don’t know football like that and they show it all the time.

Advertisement
maybe his point is he's shown he has talented and we could barely get him on field here. Since when is getting 1400 yards in nfl in first two years some joke.
It’s not earth shattering. **** he was 3rd in rushing on his team. Never understood the Gus **** sucking fest.

Advertisement
So I only speak for myself. Not sure who "y'all" is in your post.

My take on Gus Edwards was based on seeing Gus Edwards carry the ball. Dude was 230 lbs and never broke a single tackle while at UM. He had Stevie Wonder level vision and just never looked like a good running back.

Again, the marketplace proved that I was wrong but I still do not understand why, based on his work at UM.
He averaged around 5 yards a carry at UM, since there are a lot of scat backs in the area fans love them but they rarely succeed here. Over the last 5-10 years we’ve had 2 guys who got actual caries that weren’t what I’d consider a “scat back” Gus Edwards and Mike James. I’d consider those 2 the best after Duke but that’s just my opinion. And it’s really hard to argue Joe Yearby is a better back than Gus. And might I add if you put Gus as the lead back when we lost those games by 1TD to FSU back to back years we win those games with ease.

YPC while at Miami

Yearby - 5.4
Gus - 5.3
Walton - 5.1

All were solid RB's, and it was a matter of preference who you liked. Gus has had a great NFL career so far and I'm happy for him.

But the narrative that Walton was one of the best RB's in the country while Gus should transfer was always so ridiculous.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can we at least wait until the season is cancelled to bump a Gus Edwards thread?

I saw a tweet and thought it was really interesting considering the other 3 names on the list.

But you say a thread bumped about Gus Edwards, you're not interested, so you clicked on it, scrolled down, and posted that we shouldn't bump it which...…….wait for it...…..just a littttttttle longerrrrrrrrr………..BUMPED IT TO THE TOP OF THE BOARD.

Fascinating stuff, really. If you don't care to read a bumped thread on Gus Edwards, you absolutely don't have to. It'd have taken you less than a tenth of a second to scroll on by.

Advertisement
I saw a tweet and thought it was really interesting considering the other 3 names on the list.

But you say a thread bumped about Gus Edwards, you're not interested, so you clicked on it, scrolled down, and posted that we shouldn't bump it which...…….wait for it...…..just a littttttttle longerrrrrrrrr………..BUMPED IT TO THE TOP OF THE BOARD.

Fascinating stuff, really. If you don't care to read a bumped thread on Gus Edwards, you absolutely don't have to. It'd have taken you less than a tenth of a second to scroll on by.

SpeedyDangerousIndigowingedparrot-size_restricted.gif

It’s not earth shattering. **** he was 3rd in rushing on his team. Never understood the Gus **** sucking fest.
Who's doing that? This shows the ridiculousness I'm talking about with Gus.

If Walton put up the same numbers as Gus, there would be a thread 40 pages deep gushing over him.

Gus runs for 500 yards more than either Lamar Miller or Duke Johnson did their first 2 years in the NFL, and dudes get upset at a 5 page thread where people still have a hard time even calling him a "good" player.

I'll never understand the hate for Gus, other than so many people are still salty they were so wrong about him.

Advertisement
Back