Gus Edwards

Advertisement
Advertisement
Golden could recruit even with his misses. Edwards Should have been used much more than what he was. He was supposed to be the starting rb in 2015 before that foot injury he had
Golden wasn't all bad, albeit in hindsight. What doomed him was his inexplicable and unrelenting loyalty to NoD. We will never know why he was so loyal to him! Richt and his son as QB coach, I can understand. But not Golden and DNo. It cost him his career smh.

At least Manny got rid of Enos after year 1. Enos is basically the offense version of DNo. There is an iota of hope that year 2 of the Manny Diaz experiment will be different. But I digress!!!

Anybody want to remind me how this guy couldn’t get more burn while here?
Because the local pressure to play a 5’7 200 pound local legend..imagine a 5 star back from Dade not getting burn at Miami over a 3 star NJ product...all y’all Miami fans ****ttt of Gus while he was at Miami..lol funny

Because of our dumbass “shrimp hating” offensive coordinator/running back's coach under CMR. Smh

so I tend to learn lessons as a fan. I called Gus weak, b/c he didn’t get burn and sometimes he played w twinkle toes v. just running w power. Come to find out, he wasn’t weak, he just wasn’t properly used; yet he soldiered through.

I’m no longer going to assume a player is weak here, when they are not used. Lotta behind the scenes crap that’s been going on as to y some players get burn& others don’t.

Advertisement
so I tend to learn lessons as a fan. I called Gus weak, b/c he didn’t get burn and sometimes he played w twinkle toes v. just running w power. Come to find out, he wasn’t weak, he just wasn’t properly used; yet he soldiered through.

I’m no longer going to assume a player is weak here, when they are not used. Lotta behind the scenes crap that’s been going on as to y some players get burn& others don’t.

This doesn't even make sense. You admit that he's a big back who ran soft yet you claim he wasn't "properly used". What would proper usage have looked like?

Yeah I'm sure if the OL excavated gigantic holes for him he would have wowed us with his size and speed combo. Too bad Miami backs have to actually read their blocks and make guys miss to produce.

And the part everyone conveniently forgets is that Yearby produced and he wasn't some nepotism scrub.

He didn't run very well when he was here. I don't know if it was work ethic or coaching. Golden tried to make him a power back because of his size but he was always soft. He really couldn't run through a tackle to save his life.

I'm glad he's doing well but it really is a surprise based on that he looked like here. Some players just aren't a good fit and need a fresh start.

Just because you are a big back does not mean you should be a power back lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Bro we all know why Gus ain’t play..the opposite situation of why burns and cam held off Lingard..joe was a local legend, high recruit and coleys guy. Gus was a 3 star back from NJ..imagine the uproar from fans if he had played over yearby like he should of

This doesn't even make sense. You admit that he's a big back who ran soft yet you claim he wasn't "properly used". What would proper usage have looked like?

Yeah I'm sure if the OL excavated gigantic holes for him he would have wowed us with his size and speed combo. Too bad Miami backs have to actually read their blocks and make guys miss to produce.

And the part everyone conveniently forgets is that Yearby produced and he wasn't some nepotism scrub.

Siggggggggggggggh;

What I said was I thought he was weak b/c he barely got burn and SOMETIMES he ran with twinkle toes. Gus still avg 5.0/carry.

Yearby did produce; Yearby got passed over by Mark as well. Gus got about 6 touches/game while here. Can’t really show case chit w/ that.
But my point was b/c he barely got burn, then got passed over by Walton, it was “assumed” he was weak....now, he’s the only one out of the trio in The NFL and looks as if he’s going to have a nice career out of it.

Siggggggggggggggh;

What I said was I thought he was weak b/c he barely got burn and SOMETIMES he ran with twinkle toes. Gus still avg 5.0/carry.

Yearby did produce; Yearby got passed over by Mark as well. Gus got about 6 touches/game while here. Can’t really show case chit w/ that.
But my point was b/c he barely got burn, then got passed over by Walton, it was “assumed” he was weak....now, he’s the only one out of the trio in The NFL and looks as if he’s going to have a nice career out of it.

Ok. It's obvious Gus has talent and always has. But it's annoying how fans treat him as some giant missed opportunity and continually rehash this old irrelevant debate. He's a good fit on the Ravens. He was nowhere near as good on Miami or Buttgers. His running style is not a fit for every offense.

Advertisement
Back