Gus Edwards

Advertisement
I have a question for you guys. Do you guys feel like the Ravens might be the best team in the league right now. I mean they are on fire.

Edwards wasn't good on Miami. He ran soft. Talent was never the issue. Good for him that he's balling now but there's no negative slant here for Miami. He wasn't victimized by being a Cane.

Cager, on the other hand..
Bulk**** he had a bad freshman year, he was not allowed to play because of MiAmi Bias... dude was a beast and didn’t get a fair shot .... not the first or the last time it happens on sports teams but don’t try to down play that ****

I have a question for you guys. Do you guys feel like the Ravens might be the best team in the league right now. I mean they are on fire.
I dont want it to be true because I live here and these mother ****ers are unbearable when they're good. But lately they've made a case for being best. The loss to Cleveland looks bad but it was early in the season, the offense seems to be clicking right now. Need to see how they play on the road against some better competition (lost @ KC) but if Lamar can stay healthy and not fall off his production, they're going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

Advertisement
No one can say he wasn't good here . UM fans are idiots at times . As someone else said he got around 5 a run here and had some real nice games but he just wanted to be the man and was the 3rd best on the roster here at any time. Nothing against him but UM always has NFL studs at RB . We have 3-4 guys who will eventually get NFL checks at the moment for example. Gus left for more playing time and that worked him into a really good NFL back. Anyone with eyes could always see he was talented. Sadly some UM fans are blind ( along with deaf and dumb) .

I think so. Lamar Jackson keeps getting better and better and their defense is finally coming into form. Their one big weakness is they don't have ultra productive pass rushers but even they seem to be improving (Watson certainly helped by holding into the ball for ******* ever today). Plus their corners and coverage are ridiculous and help make up for that. Marcus Peters was a steal.

Advertisement
Bulk**** he had a bad freshman year, he was not allowed to play because of MiAmi Bias... dude was a beast and didn’t get a fair shot .... not the first or the last time it happens on sports teams but don’t try to down play that ****

We had Duke early in his career and then Walton after. Yearby averaged 6YPC in 2016 with 7 TDs. Edwards was behind those guys and rightfully so. He could've carved a niche as a power back but he didn't run hard and make good reads consistently. Enough with the revisionist history BS.

98% of this board ridiculed and talked negatively against Edwards while he was here because he wasn´t from S. Florida. Thankfully we played Yearby instead to keep that S. Florida pipeline flowing. Guess Gus got the last laugh
I was always in Gus's corner. I thought he was misused. We are so enamored with RBs with speed and juke moves down here ignoring a guy with size and speed. Naysayers said he never played like a beast. My argument was he never got steady carries and was put in obvious short running situations when he did play. I'm glad he believed in himself and never gave up. Keep cashing checks Bro.

Advertisement
We had Duke early in his career and then Walton after. Yearby averaged 6YPC in 2016 with 7 TDs. Edwards was behind those guys and rightfully so. He could've carved a niche as a power back but he didn't run hard and make good reads consistently. Enough with the revisionist history BS.
I disagree and your point of view is exactly how the coaching staff handled the situation. It's not just about who is better than who. We had 3 guys with relatively the same skillset and Gus with a different skillset based on his size and speed at his size.

Ask yourself how would New England use Edwards? Imagine not only power running, but motioning him out of the backfield. Who is going to cover him in space? He has 4.5 speed at 235+. Totally misused IMO. You have to design plays that take advantage of a player's physical size and skillset. You don't try to make him do what your smaller backs do. He should be in the league for the next 3-5 years as the NFL is all about mismatches and he's on a team that likes to run the football.

Advertisement
A beast Vernell you are high as a kite 😭😭

Average back and 2 100 yd games in two years😂. Collins did it twice too..

We know you're bias.. He's having a good run in the league hopefully he keeps it up. Doubt it will be with the Ravens but I like that he has gotten better

He was and is better then mark walton and Yearby

we start a New York boy over Miami boys we wouldn’t hear the end of it

but if it helps you sleep at night to think other wise so be it

I’ve lposted numerous threads on Gus over the years ... he is proving me right in the NFL 2 years in a row
There's a Miami bias for RB's, but our RB's coach when Gus was here was Thomas Brown from Georgia.

Our current starting RB is from Georgia & there are multiple games where Cam Harris only gets 2 carries a game, Robert Burns doesn't even play & Chaney will have to fight for carries next year if he's not redshirted.

But yeah, there's definitely a Miami bias lol... The fans don't determine who gets the carries, the coaches do.

You were right, Gus is/was absolutely better than Walton & Yearby, but the idea there's some conspiracy against OOS backs is just plain false. The majority of our offense is non South Fla kids & they get waaay more snaps than the locals.

Advertisement
Back