Gurvan Hall

He likely looks taller because of arm length. Still unsure how this isn't measured at HS combines. Scouts are missing a key ingredient, if they know how to put it in context.

View attachment 47908

It means if he's "just" 5' 11" but with long arms, he's more likely to play like a 6' 2" guy, for example.

So is it better to be 6'2 with a 74 inch wingspan or 5'11 with a 77 inch wingspan ?
As they say in basketball, players rarely make plays with the tops of their heads. We're oversimplifying, but all other things being equal, I go with the 77 inch wingspan player. Problem is you have to consider frame, ability to hold weight, feet, anticipation, short area burst, speed, vert, et al. A fascinating blend of art and science.

Advertisement
He looks smooth as **** out there. And he looks taller then 5'11. He looks freakish.
View attachment 47902

I really didn't wanna rehash this topic lol, but I 100% agree with you.

In that pic he's standing side by side with Al who's a legit 6'0 & they're basically the same height.

It was my whole point of contention when he was suposedly measured at 5'10 earlier in the year at one of the Nike regional camps.

If Al is 6' tall then Gurv looks like he's 5'11. Who cares though? He looks just as tall as the best Safety in the NFL the last 15 years. He's plenty tall enough to be a superstar.

Per interview with Sun Sentinel at Miami Dolphins HS Media Day, Hall has 5 OV's set and doesn't list Miami as one of them...Bama, Clemson, Florida, Ohio State, and Oregon. Obviously, being local, he's seen plenty of Miami's campus, but would like to see this schedule change and it probably will. Need to get him to OV on the big December 15th weekend that's being planned.

Per interview with Sun Sentinel at Miami Dolphins HS Media Day, Hall has 5 OV's set and doesn't list Miami as one of them...Bama, Clemson, Florida, Ohio State, and Oregon. Obviously, being local, he's seen plenty of Miami's campus, but would like to see this schedule change and it probably will. Need to get him to OV on the big December 15th weekend that's being planned.

Usually when they say that they end up officially visiting Miami like navaughn Donaldson did who said he wasn't taking an official I believe in the summer

Advertisement

If he does those visits, he will be a rich young man.

Usually when they say that they end up officially visiting Miami like navaughn Donaldson did who said he wasn't taking an official I believe in the summer

I agree, which is why I said that list will probably change.

Advertisement
Let the melt down begin. If he doesn't OV he won't come don't fool yourselves. With that being said Richt will probably push to get him to OV with the other commits at one point

Advertisement
Oh gawd, hes been to miami a hundred times, no need for an official, hes a cane at the end of the day

A good majority of our commits are being asked to ov that weekend. By the way though Gurgaon is one of 5 commits we have who already submitted his application. Aug.1 was the first day potential early enrollees for the Dec signing period could put in paperwork.

Advertisement
TIFWIW...Another site reporting Hall said he was 50-50 on his pledge and looking forward to Bama visit the most. However same site mod said he even feels like Hall is stronger than 50-50.

Maybe this is a true example of a kid "playing the game." I mean his actions seem to say that he is all UM. I think he is a croot worthy of bag drops if i am other schools trying to flip him. I think he can be someone who can walk down and cover shifty slot guys and also be a centerfield type safety who is great in run support. I think he is top 5 croot in our class

Could be a case of a kid trying to pick up a litttle extra spending money cause the handshakes will be larger than a 100 bucks with this kid you can bet that.

Advertisement
Back