Gurvan Hall to CB?

Advertisement
Can we stop with the Carter to linebacker talk? The dude isn't a sound tackler and would be worse at linebacker than what we trotted out this year.
Also safeties have to tackle the shiftiest guys out there in slot WRs. Guys are not only moved to LB from safety because they cannot cover, it’s also open field tackling. Carter fills like a mad man, so naturally he would work well at LB because if he hits you before you get a full head of steam you go backwards. He doesn’t have to tackle the guys that can make you miss in a phone booth as often at LB. he doesn’t have the hips for safety but is good near the box in line tackling. Would’ve been a good LB

It's probably because most of them never played a down of organized football.

Go Canes!!!!
What? Players switch positions all the time at after HS. Colleges often put players where they think they are best at. Safeties to LBs and corners to safety and LBs to D-line occur often. DE to DT as well. Positions are not set in stone

What? Players switch positions all the time at after HS. Colleges often put players where they think they are best at. Safeties to LBs and corners to safety and LBs to D-line occur often. DE to DT as well. Positions are not set in stone

Baltimore starting fullback played nose tackle his whole career, including when he first started in the league. And that dude can catch!

Advertisement
Hall barely has speed at S and u going to put him at corner? Seems legit
He’s got speed. At safety he just seems to lack the cognitive ability for the positron so it slows him down. Put him at CB where he’s in man or simple zones he will ply faster. He’s always hesitant at safety

Yall even bringing this up is crazy. If you think Hall is a CB your football IQ is 0. Go on youtube and watch Hall play CB at a camp. You'll never bring this up again. Yall tried the same **** with Avante Williams.

He’s got speed. At safety he just seems to lack the cognitive ability for the positron so it slows him down. Put him at CB where he’s in man or simple zones he will ply faster. He’s always hesitant at safety
LMAO Bro stop it you have no clue what your talking about.

Lol u trippin

Dude isn't a corner

Advertisement
Not true at all
You obviously have never played football
It’s much harder to tackle in the open field than in the box. It’s easy to chase plays down when they run away from you at LB as well. The most sound tacklers on the field are safeties, no doubt
I played safety in college my man, Killians own Bobby Washington was a teammate of mine. Anyhow, Carter is fundamentally unsound when it comes to tackling, he's always going for the big hit. He doesn't fill the alley well and is constantly overruning plays. If you think the most sound tacklers on our team are the safeties then you need to go back and watch Bolden and Carter in all our games this year and see how many times they missed the ball carrier.

Thanks King. Your logical rant doesn't change the fact that most of the people that are constantly barking about players switching positions as if they're chess pieces, probably haven't played a down of organized football in their natural born life.

Go Canes!!

Carter has enjoyed success in the pseudo-linebacker role as a blitzer dating back to 2017.

With our struggles at LB and with the influx of talent at safety, it may make sense for he and Hall to try something new.

Advertisement
Lol u trippin

Dude isn't a corner
lol I was just having this convo with someone and a third person jumped in saying there was a twitter clip of JT dusting him at practice so I went and looked it up...

3 things stood out.... JT I do not think will ever hit his full potential; god that was an awful throw; idk who that coach was going nuts but I like I cant tell if he is so hype at what JT just did or so ****ed at the CB or QB for the throw.

Jt4 imo is one of the most wasted talents I’ve ever seen come through here.
Dude has all the “physical” tools to be lighting it up on Sundays.
But physical tools are the easiest to find and these young men take it for granted.

Advertisement
lol I was just having this convo with someone and a third person jumped in saying there was a twitter clip of JT dusting him at practice so I went and looked it up...

3 things stood out.... JT I do not think will ever hit his full potential; god that was an awful throw; idk who that coach was going nuts but I like I cant tell if he is so hype at what JT just did or so ****ed at the CB or QB for the throw.

Jeff was doing that to P5 corners. **** his best game was probably against a 10 win lsu team with Malik throwing to him. He could have been a top 3 round guy. His get off was sick

Jeff was doing that to P5 corners. **** his best game was probably against a 10 win lsu team with Malik throwing to him. He could have been a top 3 round guy. His get off was sick
Yea I remember the dude blew past the lsu corner and the safety that was helping over top.

I hate the way we have our dbs play press.

A guy like Hall has no shot without putting hands on his man at the line.

A hard hand to the chest or shoulder to disrupt a route can be the difference between a big gain and a sack or incompletion.

I hate the way we have our dbs play press.

A guy like Hall has no shot without putting hands on his man at the line.

A hard hand to the chest or shoulder to disrupt a route can be the difference between a big gain and a sack or incompletion.
Yeah I never understood why we play SO much of the press bail technique. I get that some guys can excel in that scheme (I think Wade from OSU played that a lot) but it does not seem to suit our guys. Rumph was rumored to like bigger, more physical corners, so we get them then put them on the LOS and ask them to shadow a guy. Doesn't make sense.

Advertisement
Back