Gurvan Hall to CB?

Advertisement
I really would love the coaching staff to try this out. I think he could be like pat petterson at CB for us.

I think Bubba stays with Williams coming in and Tae as well...Hall and couch would be MONEY at cb for us
There goes a minute of my life wasted , reading dumb ****!!

Hall’s problem isn’t lack of speed. It’s him looking like he couldn’t give 2 ***** about being out there. Hopefully some new blood and competition with both Williams will light a fire under his ***.

Advertisement
Hall’s problem isn’t lack of speed. It’s him looking like he couldn’t give 2 ***** about being out there. Hopefully some new blood and competition with both Williams will light a fire under his ***.
his hips are bad to real bad, u cannot play corner with hips like that

Hall flashed end of last year I thought...

He's disappointed me, thought he was going to be the man. I really think it was Banda's coaching (now I may just have been wrong too), because Hall looks like he hesitates...He has all that stopping power but it looks like he never knows when to just make a play? I mean Bolden and especially Carter (who was limited obv) have major problem with angles...I don't see an angles or even a speed problem with Hall (hips ehhh maybe), I just see a kid who at times disappears. I want to see that fierce side that's only flashed rarely and that he had early on. Hopefully he has a big senior year.

his hips are bad to real bad, u cannot play corner with hips like that

Agree on his hips and likely inability to play corner but one play all year stuck out to me about Hall. It was the end of a game (maybe NC State?) where they had the ball down a few points and instead of the long hail mary tried the multiple lateral BS. Hall squared up on his guy who had the ball, boxed him in and as soon as the guy pitched it Hall looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Best closing speed and acceleration I have ever seen on him at the very last play of the game. It made me instantly wonder if the game has not yet slowed down for him and he is just out there in no mans land, thinking too much, not relying on instincts, because as soon as the game turned to some backyard bull**** see ball get ball type mentality, dude all of a sudden became a lot more athletic.

How many times has a white TE beaten Hall running a slant for TD?

Carter, Hall, Blades, Ivey have played a ton of ball here, but would anyone bat an eyelid if they disappeared from the rooster?

Advertisement
Agree on his hips and likely inability to play corner but one play all year stuck out to me about Hall. It was the end of a game (maybe NC State?) where they had the ball down a few points and instead of the long hail mary tried the multiple lateral BS. Hall squared up on his guy who had the ball, boxed him in and as soon as the guy pitched it Hall looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Best closing speed and acceleration I have ever seen on him at the very last play of the game. It made me instantly wonder if the game has not yet slowed down for him and he is just out there in no mans land, thinking too much, not relying on instincts, because as soon as the game turned to some backyard bull**** see ball get ball type mentality, dude all of a sudden became a lot more athletic.
the play @The Franchise mentioned it was bad, that play stuck out to me and i was like wow this kids real eval is a three star possibly

the play @The Franchise mentioned it was bad, that play stuck out to me and i was like wow this kids real eval is a three star possibly
Agree he def has put out more bad tape than good. I just recalled that one play

Edit: here is the link, go to 28:35, the stupid ad kind of blocks it but that is the best I have ever seen Gurvan close on a tackle I think in his UM Career lol

Agree he def has put out more bad tape than good. I just recalled that one play

Edit: here is the link, go to 28:35, the stupid ad kind of blocks it but that is the best I have ever seen Gurvan close on a tackle I think in his UM Career lol

there was another play but that was bad too

Advertisement
Playing football, in fact, playing any sport, comes down to confidence. If you arent confident in your technique and overthink stuff, thats when you make mistakes.

The whole secondary looked that way. They looked confused, not confident, on their heels all the time. Same with the linebackers btw.

McCloud to DE
Carter to LB
Hall to Striker
Frierson to FS
Frierson should have been a safety here for sure. I hope T-rob starts everyone clean but at this point it may be too late as buddy has gained a lot of weight to play striker. Hall should have been the striker cause he played near the line in HS (& Saban wanted him badly for their equivalent of that spot on his defense, the Minkah role). And carter definitely an LB like Smith who transferred out and got converted to LB right away. McLost was a DE in HS and has no business playing LB here. We just screwed all these 4 guys up playing them out of position. Our defense would have been much better with them all in the right position.

Frierson should have been a safety here for sure. I hope T-rob starts everyone clean but at this point it may be too late as buddy has gained a lot of weight to play striker. Hall should have been the striker cause he played near the line in HS (& Saban wanted him badly for their equivalent of that spot on his defense, the Minkah role). And carter definitely an LB like Smith who transferred out and got converted to LB right away. McLost was a DE in HS and has no business playing LB here. We just screwed all these 4 guys up playing them out of position. Our defense would have been much better with them all in the right position.
Can we stop with the Carter to linebacker talk? The dude isn't a sound tackler and would be worse at linebacker than what we trotted out this year.

Advertisement
Can we stop with the Carter to linebacker talk? The dude isn't a sound tackler and would be worse at linebacker than what we trotted out this year.
Not true at all
You obviously have never played football
It’s much harder to tackle in the open field than in the box. It’s easy to chase plays down when they run away from you at LB as well. The most sound tacklers on the field are safeties, no doubt

How many times has a white TE beaten Hall running a slant for TD?

Carter, Hall, Blades, Ivey have played a ton of ball here, but would anyone bat an eyelid if they disappeared from the rooster?
This kind of casual racism is quite frankly unacceptable.

Not only would Mallory roast our defence (no LB or S could cover him), but most of the best TEs in the NFL are white.

We need to start the Carter to a G5 School talk if he wants to play next year. He's just not good enough.

Advertisement
Back